Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie: more questions and comments

Hello again gents:
    I joined in the La Drang mission last night at ~10PM EST. Was an absolute blast.

I have some questions/comments:
    1. Should I stick to the "Direct" or "Group" channel? And what does "Direct" mean? I believe "group" means my Fireteam or Squad, right?

Two of us got dropped of by the Venom on the wrong hill and had to hike 1000m to the correct. While he and I were trying to work out where we needed to go, we talked briefly on VON. I think I was on Global. Would this have been a time to use "Direct"???

2. My only other comment: I thought foul language was a serious offense; I personally heard the F-bomb quite a number of times. My 15 year old son, seated at his computer behind me, who does not care for bad language, didn't need to hear that.

I cannot wait to join again. Really had a great time. I don't think I hit a doggone thing, but I sure unleashed and felt important when the order was given. Bummer that we all got blown up at the end.
    GunnySargeCorn
    Aka: James
    Aka: szln6z

Re: Newbie: more questions and comments

Originally posted by szln6z View Post
    Hello again gents:
    I joined in the La Drang mission last night at ~10PM EST. Was an absolute blast.

1. Should I stick to the "Direct" or "Group" channel? And what does "Direct" mean? I believe "group" means my Fireteam or Squad, right?

Two of us got dropped of by the Venom on the wrong hill and had to hike 1000m to the correct. While he and I were trying to work out where we needed to go, we talked briefly on VON. I think I was on Global. Would this have been a time to use "Direct"???

2. My only other comment: I thought foul language was a serious offense; I personally heard the F-bomb quite a number of times. My 15 year old son, seated at his computer behind me, who does not care for bad language, didn't need to hear that.

I cannot wait to join again. Really had a great time. I don't think I hit a doggone thing, but I sure unleashed and felt important when the order was given. Bummer that we all got blown up at the end.
    [Answer 1]
    Always report to your squad leader using group chat when joining late and follow his instructions, direct means proximate chat, meaning that people around you in close radius will be able to hear you just like in real life.

[Answer 2]
    Yes.

[Answer 3]
    I hate bad language too, it's immature and childish.
    sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
    let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

if people are using bad language, ask them to stop. if they dont then either report it in the CAA thread on the forums, find and Arma Admin in TS or if there is an in game admin talk to them about it.

Comment

Thanks for the responses gents. Looking forward to the next time.
        GunnySargeCorn

Comment

We are glad to have you! The Ia Drang misison, was it the one that ended in the heroic charge up the hill? I'm trying to remember if I saw you last night.
          As far as language we really try to keep it to 0% but sometimes we slip. Speaking personally we have alot of military that play and foul language is a staple of military life so sometimes it just happens(im guilty of that) just key up and say language. 90% of the time the guy on the other end will be like "yeah, my bad sorry guys" If they keep it up they run the risk of being kicked/banned. But most of the time we are pretty good about it.

PS: Im speaking about Alpha Server. Bravo is an entirely different beast that I wont ever mess with again...

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Dredge: yes, it was. I came in a little late, but caught the last Venom to the LZ and was there for the assault on the enemy HQ, and the charge. You may not have noticed me, as I laid pretty low, kept quiet, and just tried to not commit fratricide! ;-)
            GunnySargeCorn

Comment

Dredge: yes, it was. I came in a little late, but caught the last Venom to the LZ and was there for the assault on the enemy HQ, and the charge. You may not have noticed me, as I laid pretty low, kept quiet, and just tried to not commit fratricide! ;-)
              I remember your screen name now! Glad you where able to make our charge up the hill! Wish the arty was able to blast it to hell and back, that would have looked cool but under the circumstances the hellfires from the birds looked semi-pretty

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hello again gents:

Green=Group, that is your main chat 90% of the time. Remember that your squad leader is also hearing other chatter from command and other squad leaders. So its best to keep the von on green to a minimum. Several are white but Direct is line of sight. When using Green, you name will show and everyone in you squad can hear you. With Direct, only those around you can hear you. Direct is good for talking to others outside of your squad or if you must, shooting the breeze with your squad.
                Stay off of Global/side 99% of the time because everyone can hear you.
                If you ever find yourself separated from you leader, the best thing I've found to do is inform them on Group and if you are catching up to them with another, use Direct to talk to that person.

It happens some times. So far it hasnt been to bad for me, but even I dropped an f-bomb once. Was driving over a hill and talking to lead when I peaked the hill mid-sentence we were looking down the barrel of a T-72 tank. As in real life, it just came out.

Do it asap :D. Just dont compare Alpha server to Bravo. Half the time I dont even get a shot off as I'm either guarding the rear or driving (I'm good at driving these ice skates now), but it still rocks. Though nothing beats opening up with a heavy mg to suppress the opfor.
                The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                  Though nothing beats opening up with a heavy mg to suppress the opfor.
                  Watching the Birds hellfire the crap out of infantry in the open........thats just too purty for words :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    Watching the Birds hellfire the crap out of infantry in the open........thats just too purty for words :)
                    pfft, you pilots. All safe up in the air with massive firepower and target locks. Real men do it in the dirt...blindly....while taking direct fire.....and with our legs shot out! :P ;)

Comment

pfft, you pilots. All safe up in the air with massive firepower and target locks. Real men do it in the dirt...blindly....while taking direct fire.....and with our legs shot out! :P ;)
                      when was the last time you saw me NOT on the ground leading from the front marvin?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

lol, stand down Dredge. I was just hassling you. Hence the :P.
                        I've been under your command enough to know you get in "it" when you can.

Comment

lol, stand down Dredge. I was just hassling you. Hence the :P.
                          I've been under your command enough to know you get in "it" when you can.
                          lol just messin with you marv. I try to be up front as much as i can. i also try to make sure everyone gets a chance to see the pink mist in their sights (jarhead). Sometimes it works others it doesn't. :(

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X