Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a new player - advice needed!

Hi everyone,

Am new to the world of Arma and online MP in general. I would like to know what I can do to get familiar with online gaming specificially to Arma 2? I've downloaded and installed the latest patch -1.04.

I would like to know how to install any required mods....not to technicially minded regarding this sort of stuff.

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks

Re: I'm a new player - advice needed!

This link is pretty straightforward on what you will need.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...cal-gamer.html

In general though, you don't need anything besides the patch you already have. Take some time and browse through the SOP section of the forums and you will find a wealth of useful information.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Also keep an eye on the General Discussion Forums. Alot of info gets put out there as well as times and dates for events and training. Welcome to TG!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Mods are your call bud guys here can refer some but our tg mod pack is mandatory and it's in that get started thread if you have any probs pm me also check out becoming a supporting member good luck to you

Comment

thanks guys. I've set up teamspeak and am currently downloading the TG mod pack. How do i log into the arma 2 server on teamspeak?

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/teamspeak.php

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

A new player huh? Here's what I suggest.

Go into the game and go to 'singleplayer' then 'editor' and select Utes. Once there double click and hit okay to place down the default rifleman, then doubled click and select 'empty' from the side drop down, then 'ammo' from the class dropdown, then 'on the right put down 'US basic weapons' and hit okay. Then hit preview to put yourself in the game. You should now be a rifleman with an ammo crate with weapons to test out. Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with movement controls and how your weapon shoots in different stances. Configure your controls to your liking, that sort of thing.

And remember, the editor is probably the best place to go to test things out, such as flying helicopters.

As for playing on the server, usually you join the server and see a bunch of 'slots'. If you can, try to pick one of the slots that says 'rifleman' or something along those lines until you're more comfortable with things like the grenade launchers, SMAW, M249, etc. Also, follow the admin's orders, and your squad leader's orders and you should do fine.

Finally, a mod I'd recommend that isn't in the mod pack is Pistolfied's tracers. By default rifle tracers are disabled for some reason, but enabling them will help you see where exactly your bullets are going (and help you with your marksmanship)

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                A new player huh? Here's what I suggest.

Go into the game and go to 'singleplayer' then 'editor' and select Utes. Once there double click and hit okay to place down the default rifleman, then doubled click and select 'empty' from the side drop down, then 'ammo' from the class dropdown, then 'on the right put down 'US basic weapons' and hit okay. Then hit preview to put yourself in the game. You should now be a rifleman with an ammo crate with weapons to test out. Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with movement controls and how your weapon shoots in different stances. Configure your controls to your liking, that sort of thing.

And remember, the editor is probably the best place to go to test things out, such as flying helicopters.

As for playing on the server, usually you join the server and see a bunch of 'slots'. If you can, try to pick one of the slots that says 'rifleman' or something along those lines until you're more comfortable with things like the grenade launchers, SMAW, M249, etc. Also, follow the admin's orders, and your squad leader's orders and you should do fine.

Finally, a mod I'd recommend that isn't in the mod pack is Pistolfied's tracers. By default rifle tracers are disabled for some reason, but enabling them will help you see where exactly your bullets are going (and help you with your marksmanship)
                Thats a good tip I do that too

Comment

Where might we get that Tracer Mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Gungnir View Post
                    Where might we get that Tracer Mod?
                    Right here.
                    Changed the game for me as I can now see where the mounted gun is shooting and not have to walk it up based on dirt kickup.
                    The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

check out www.armaholic.com
                      those guys have got a great choice of mods and what not + the various methods of installing them
                      sigpic
                      excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

thanks guys. I've tried to download the tg mod pack but I honestly can't understand how to go about it....i've followed the instructions but i don't think everything was installed. I'll delete the download, and would one of ye guys kindly link me to the tg mod pack again so that I can give it another try??

Thanks.

Comment

One tip (my personal favorite)

DOnt get shot *giggle* love telling newbies that
                          To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

first advice:

Don't do anything that you wouldn't do in real life

second advice:

Read the tactical gamer manual.

Comment

An welcome to ArmA2 for most ppl the buck stops here for your tactical gaming needs. Alot can be done in the editor as stated above. The ArmA editor is probably hands down the easiest editor your ever come acroos an is a great way to explore the map, u can also try the armory which has alot of items to try out too.
                              "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                              "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                              Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X