Medic training, how does that sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic training, how does that sound?

I have been thinking, TG just had a basic infantry class, there is the MTP (Marksman Training Plattoon) and it seems like socom is going to have some flight lessons, but what about medics?

I would really like to get some medic training to get better at ingame situations and how to put risks at a minimum when saving a downed soldier.
    If someone is down and the squad is under fire the medic cant take any unnecessary risks, yet he has to ensure that the downed squadmember gets treaded before his time runs out.
    Important things would be to learn when and where to deploy smoke, where is a safe spot for stopping and treating wound/revieving the wounded?
    And where you should stay in case the squad comes under fire?
    From my own experience i have figured out its less then ideal if the medic is up front getting shot at, because if he dies the rest of the squad will suffer.

I have learned most of the above things the hard way by doing them wrong and getting people killed. It might be unnecessary training but I think it atleast should be considered :)
    "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Re: Medic training, how does that sound?

Actually it sounds like a good idea, I spend a long time telling people to only assist wounded once the enemy threat is contained, It would also be interesting as I am a real life hill and mountain rescue medic.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
      Actually it sounds like a good idea, I spend a long time telling people to only assist wounded once the enemy threat is contained, It would also be interesting as I am a real life hill and mountain rescue medic.
      i am an army medic so this one i can definatly get a good class together! i might even do the ole' instructor thingy too :P

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

this would be interesting and im totally in. but what im also interested in are more missions where only medics and corpsman have the ability to heal. most missions where i have bee medic, i have been pretty useless because other people decide to heal the wounded

Comment

Honestly I'd like this also, mostly because I'd like to at least know wth to do and then be able to jump in as a Corpsman if needed on a given mission. There has been a few times where we needed one but no one would slot up, I would if I knew what I was doing.
          The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

I'm sorry but unless you just want to learn first aid for your own use, that kind of training would be of no value to this GAME. You can drag a guy away from danger and wave your hands magically over him like some voodoo witch doctor but thats the extent of it. I'm starting to worry about some of your "game immersion", soon you will be wanting to do training for CAC (Casualty Assisstance Calls) to the fallen soldiers homes.

Comment

Honestly not sure they is a need.. arma medic is as simple as it gets... just dont do it under fire.. nothing else to it really?
              Unlike in Americas army 3 in which you get a menu to pick on how to treat the casualty.. pick wrong and he aint getting any help no more..

Comment

I think what they are wanting is not to learn how to put a tourniquet over a long bone and how to do needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax (thats what i do in RL :P) they just want to get some kind of TTP (tactics, techniques, and procedures) set up for how the medic should operate in game. I/E position in formation, picking a spot with good cover to treat a casualty, how to use the map to locate the casualty and how to treat the guy without getting shot in the face.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I would love this sort of thing considering I love playing the medic/corpsman when I get the chance (perhaps a bit too much, gotta try rifleman more often =P ). However, I don't think that it would need to be a very big class, maybe sort of like an addition to the basic infantry class.

If ACE 2 comes with more than just epinephrine, morphine, and bandages (they has things such as plasma bags but they weren't implemented) then I can see this class taking a bit longer =P

I also think that more missions should use the medic module. As for normal soldier being able to heal, I think that's just them doing things such as bandaging a heavily bleeding wound. A medic/corpsman would be needed to fix him up all the way. (Not quite realistic but hey... magically teleporting between driver/gunner positions instantly isn't realistic either...)

Comment

I think the idea of KISS(keep it simple stupid) is what people are having in mind. People are not wanting to know how a medic treats a leg injury, but more on the lines of what a player would do and operate as a medic. Where should he position himself, nit getting into fire fights and only acting once his squad is ready for him. Too many times does a medic sit on the frot line engaging enemies. Rarely should you see a medic with a high score or a score at all unless it's bad news bears for the group.
                    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                      I think the idea of KISS(keep it simple stupid) is what people are having in mind. People are not wanting to know how a medic treats a leg injury, but more on the lines of what a player would do and operate as a medic. Where should he position himself, nit getting into fire fights and only acting once his squad is ready for him. Too many times does a medic sit on the frot line engaging enemies. Rarely should you see a medic with a high score or a score at all unless it's bad news bears for the group.
                      my thoughts exactly

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Now a class like this is definitely possible. However, with ACE2 so close (I hope) I would prefer to teach this after ACE2. The job of the medic will change quite a bit in ACE2 and most of what is learned now will need to be retaught to accommodate the ACE2 medical system.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                          I'm sorry but unless you just want to learn first aid for your own use, that kind of training would be of no value to this GAME. You can drag a guy away from danger and wave your hands magically over him like some voodoo witch doctor but thats the extent of it.
                          I think you must have missunderstod my post. I'm not talking about first aid or anything like that, im taking about learning how to not get shot while dragging the guy out of danger and, then find a safespot to do my magic voodo dance.
                          But if you feel that is unnecessary knowledge thats your oppinion.

It's just like viper wrote:
                          Originally posted by viper1986 View Post

I also think socom is right that waiting for ACE 2 might actually be the smartest thing to do since it will add new features for the medics, and that would kind of make pre-ACE training obsolete.
                          "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Comment

You are right, I did misunderstand the intent of your post and I apoligize for that. The only way to be an effective medic in this game is to not get killed. That means you rarely fire any shots, you move around a lot and your nose is in the dirt most of the time once the action starts.

Comment

I don't see why we would have to wait for ACE2. I think people are talking about learning SOP's for dealing with wounded here, not the actual healing function. Anything learned through a medic training class would still be applied, just with changes to the treatments given I'm guessing.

I agree with meeeeeeeeeeeeee saying that only medics should be able to heal, otherwise they are unnecessary.

The whole game "medic" idea is kind of hard to sort out. My guess is that in RL if a medic is needed, the soldier requiring attention is probably going to be shifted off the line and given an ambulance ride.

I think we need to figure out a standard for how the whole system works, although ACE2 will most likely address this.

Anyways, if some sort of medic training was available and I had time to attend, I'd be up for it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X