A plea to my fellow Arma2 TG’ers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plea to my fellow Arma2 TG’ers

Can we please try and organize enough people together to dominate that Domination map that’s always running on Bravo? I’ve played it at least a dozen times and even though a few of us have come together and gotten close, it’s never finished.

Bravo is our public side and I think it would be great if we could really show some of the random pubbers what we almost always do on Alpha everynight. My reason being is the other night I wore the TG tag for the first time and had a newbie follow me around even though I wasn’t in his squad. I call him a newbie and not a noob because he was asking questions and trying to learn from me. I took the time to explain things to him like weapon condition, comm. channels and the other things most of us do as second nature on Alpha. This guy really wanted to learn and even kept talking about the PCGamer article, I almost felt as if he was trying to get my approval to join the ranks here. Sadly I made a newbie mistake and stopped in an open field to check my map and got us both killed.

What I purpose: (and I’m even willing to do the grunt work of getting the lists together and whatever else is needed)

1. We organize a casual event on Bravo (keeping it more relaxed then Alpha)

2. We have a Server Admin so we can avoid the voting and kick the team killers

3. We pick/volunteer slots before hand and leave a few open slots on each Squad/Fire team for the pubbers. This way we can slot up asap.

3a. We realize its public and take the time to explain things to the jip pubbers and not expect them to know their role and shut their hole.

4. We use group channel and maintain the radio sop and keep the chatter off. That way they can learn how we call out contacts, type questions, etc.

5. We teach and encourage the pubbers.

6. Anyone that volunteers as a Command or Squad/Fire team leaders realize and understand that it might not be a smooth op but be willing to put in the time and not leave mid mission. (unless rl kicks in)

7. Every TG player wears the TG tag.

8. (open for suggestions)

At the end of the day, it’s still a game. Lest we forget what we represent when wearing the TG tag on Bravo or any other server. And trust me, fresh blood coming in is almost always a good thing. And who knows, if this works maybe it could become a regular thing.

Okay, here is the part where I leave myself to the wolves. :P
    Ideas? Support? stfu Marvin? Just not gona respond?
    The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Re: A plea to my fellow Arma2 TG’ers

agreed 100% man, I am down can I suggest we start on a sat afternoon like say 1500-1600. I am down

Comment

A nice relaxed casual arma game. Sounds nice.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

im game lets do it

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yup, just came off Bravo and saw you there Marvin. It can go fairly easy, but of course it does help to have a TG presence.

I usually keep the selection to shorter missions for the sake of attention spans, but I always receive tons of questions about TG between missions. I would estimate every hour of good gaming on Bravo turns out at least a couple of people who create forum accounts and become involved in TG. They're really surprised at seeing the group element in Arma 2.

But Bravo IS work. Someone needs to guide the attention at all times as voted admin and/or CO and teach and lead and properly follow, so having other TGers there to spread the "workload" would be a welcome sight.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm glad to see others open to this idea. No set date yet as this would take more then 5 TG'ers to pull off, plus Ill be offline the weekend of the 20th. (woohoo fios install baby)

It doesnt really need to be that domination map but just something with alot of slots, alot of action, jip and respawns. Something that wont have long waits for action or really complex command needs. Basically something fun for pubbers and TG'ers. So I'm open to suggestions on that and really anything else.

Yeah longtime, that was my second time in a lead position, first time in one that lasted more then 5mins. Sadly I was the only one left alive in my squad but the pubbers with me did a good job. And I think it was another pubber Scot that stepped up when I asked for a volunteer to mount the mg on my hmmwv and he did a good job also. I wish I had written that mission name down though as I really think its broke.
            I've had some good runs on bravo and some bad. I just think a show of force and organization from the TG'ers in mass on there would do alot of good.

Comment

I'm interested to see how this turns out and wish you all luck (and I don't mean that sarcastically). I can't help but be a bit skeptical, seeing as how easy it is to join the forums, read 2-3 posts, and start playing on Alpha. There really is no "initiation" of any sort required by TG, so the barriers are pretty low already. In my experience, if folks can't be bothered to do that, they tend to be less cooperative during a game. But I'd welcome being proved wrong in this case. So don't take that as me just trying to be negative. :)

If I had any advice to give, it would be to go gentle, make sure to communicate your intentions at all times, and do your best to keep comms as clean as you can, which I've always found to be an uphill battle as a "pubber" playing any game with voice capability.

Hope it goes well, and it'd be great if Marvin or someone else wouldn't mind posting a rough AAR of the experience.

Comment

Marvin I like the DOMI idea but I will support w/e you pick broseph 353rd fer life ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact Domination is Domination I'd join in. Sounds like a nice idea though :)

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                    But Bravo IS work. Someone needs to guide the attention at all times as voted admin and/or CO and teach and lead and properly follow, so having other TGers there to spread the "workload" would be a welcome sight.
                    let me know how i can help and i will man. Im here for you :)

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                    It doesnt really need to be that domination map but just something with alot of slots, alot of action, jip and respawns. Something that wont have long waits for action or really complex command needs. Basically something fun for pubbers and TG'ers. So I'm open to suggestions on that and really anything else.
                    Ia Drang. It has become a staple for the "TG'ers" as we are called now. lol. I feel that if they play the mission the read about (90% are there cause of the article) that might make it more fun. Sort of like playing pee wee football at the home teams stadium if you catch what im saying.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

ok, so how about an uofficail sign up thread.

nothing major no punishments i you dont show, no priority or anything

just post if you can make a day when its agreed on, one that the majority of people can do.

im well up for conquering the domination!

Comment

What day and if I am not working i'll be there... even though I dislike domi!

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

check the forums an unofficial roster has been put up

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Yesterday afternoon we had some people step up to the plate nicely and take command of a Domination mission. I brought in one of my Army buddies who's a combat veteran and he was really impressed even though it was only loosely organized. We had this one pilot named Merlo who was outstanding in providing transport and CAS. If Merlo isn't on here, if you see him ya need to get him on the forum. Guys like him can really make the "Day shift" TG crew come alive. There was also anothe guy...damn...I forget his name...it was like 3killa or something like that who popped into the TeamSpeak and who was incredibly good at commanding. So for sure Domination CAN be an extremely rewarding experience. My problem was that the mission for some reason made my frame rates go south until eventually I had to reset my computer. But I think it was caused by something else. Hopefully I'll try to help when I can during the day on Bravo. For sure weekends if nobody is on Alpha.
                            "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                              ok, so how about an uofficail sign up thread.

nothing major no punishments i you dont show, no priority or anything

just post if you can make a day when its agreed on, one that the majority of people can do.

im well up for conquering the domination!
                              heh, Dredge beat me to it.
                              I'm glad to see the support this is getting.

And Miles, no worries man. I get what you are saying. I'm fully expecting there to be bumps in the road on this one, but I am also hoping those of us there will push through them and stick to our guns.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X