Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where/How to Practice Flying Helos

Folks:
    I enjoy flying the helos. But in the Domination Map (I think that's the name) you can pick up vehicles. I have no idea how to do this, and I need to practice it. But, I don't know how to practice this offline.
    Is there some way to start the Domination Map offline?
    Thnx,
    GunnySargeCorn
    Aka: James
    Aka: szln6z

Re: Where/How to Practice Flying Helos

You can find any missions you've played in your Docs & Settings -> (your profile name) -> Local Settings -> Application Data -> ArmA2 -> MPMissions cache folder. From there, drag them into your ArmA2/MPmissions folder (the one in Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2/, or in your Steam folder), then select "Network game" from the main menu and create a new server. It should show up on the list at that point. You'll probably want to password protect your server to prevent random people from joining.

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that. I was able to find the "Domination" map, move it over, and it shows up after I host a game. Unfortunately, when I press PLAY, it doesn't do anything. Not sure why. The default MP maps work. Maybe "Domination" is locked down and can only be run on TG servers or something.
      GunnySargeCorn

Comment

Originally posted by szln6z View Post
        Yeah, thanks for that. I was able to find the "Domination" map, move it over, and it shows up after I host a game. Unfortunately, when I press PLAY, it doesn't do anything. Not sure why. The default MP maps work. Maybe "Domination" is locked down and can only be run on TG servers or something.
        That wouldn't be the case. Perhaps you're not loading the right mods for it? You can also try putting it into your "Missions" dir and accessing it from the "Single Missions" option. Or you can grab Kegety's ArmA tools and use cPBO to unpack it, at which point you can place it in your My Docs/ArmA2/MPMissions/ folder, and then load that from the in-game editor.

Comment

I suggest going into single player and choosing armory and unlocking the whole thing by flying helo's only. If you can do that you can fly helo's in multiplayer.
          sigpic

Comment

or you can create your own mission and find the pick up script on armaholic.com there you can fly and pick up/drop off vehicles as long as you want.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback gents.
              GunnySargeCorn

Comment

anytime

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hey Dredge, link him that map you used for your mission. That map is the best to learn helo flight on because either you get it right or you run into the side of a valley. :D

edit: Topic read fail on my part. :S
                  The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Single Player >

Editor >

Choose your island >

Double click on the map >

select BLUFOR and then an air unit from the drop-down windows >

After you get your chopper on the map, double click nearby and choose a vehicle for your slingload practicing >

Click Preview.

Once the preview loads up, fly your helo over to the vehicle and hover above it. When you're low enough, you'll get the option in your action menu to "attach vehicle", I believe. Once you select that, the vehicle is loaded. Fly away to wherever you need to go. When you get there, come in low again, "detach vehicle" or whatever the option is. Voila.

Comment

Gill: thanks for this. I was able to do exactly what you said. Only problem is I don't have/know how to add the helo-lifting mod (I assume it's a mod).

If this is easy to explain, please let me know. I'm very new to ArmA.

James
                      GunnySargeCorn

Comment

If you're talking about slingloading vehicles (lifting), then certain helicopters can lift up to a certain vehicle level. The UH-1A (Huey) can lift Humvees easily, so try spawning a Huey and a Humvee.

Comment

U know what? A lot of people make a big deal about flying helos and how hard it is to fly. However, most of the time, that "hard flying" is LOW flying. Actually flying high... WAY HIGH is the easy and best way to go in ArmA 2. I'm talking 1000 + altitude heights. If your 1000 or more into the air.. NOTHING on the ground can hit you, MAYBE a SAM might take a crack at you from the Tunguska. If you would fly 2000m.. NOTHING can hit you unless they are using one of those Tunguska mods which cause them to engage targets at exreme ranges.

SO.. make your life easy, skip the practice, and fly high.
                          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

but what about landings carver? you cant auto hover at 400m and settle it down slowly the enemy will chew you up and spit you out. especially now with Zeus

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X