This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Crash

For the past week or so everytime I try to run Namalsk or Everon it crashes my arma. When i remove the mod pack from the tag line it loads fine. I have deleted the modpack re-downloaded it and also re-downloaded the updates through yoma. However i still crash to the desktop when we try to play these missions. I make it all the way through the briefing then when the admin clicks continue to send us in the map...well......heeeeellllllloooooo desktop. lol. Any thoughts/suggestions/fixes?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Map Crash

Dredge, have you tried changing your terrain or object detail? I know it sucks, but if your running your game at max settings, maybe try disabling graphic features and see if that helps the addons run more stable.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

ok i will give it go thanks.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Try a solid state drive, I played Namalsk this week and it ran great, really a great looking mission. I know everyone cant run out and get an ssd but im letting you know that this game loves to run on them.

Comment

Hey Dredge, you mentioned using an FPS helper... is that a mod of some kind that you run at startup?

Do you run *any* other mod stuff at startup other than the TG Modpack? If so, do those maps crash if you start without them?

Comment

yes its a mod that i run at start up. I took the modpack off and ran it and it worked fine. when i put the tagline back in there it crashed. all my addons and everything are uptodate

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I thought the FPS helper was something used prior to 1.04, an optimization addon that may or may not help now. It never really did much to help me even prior to 1.04.

Comment

I use gamebooster great program kills the bs windows likes to put on my pc

Comment

such as what boon?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    yes its a mod that i run at start up. I took the modpack off and ran it and it worked fine. when i put the tagline back in there it crashed. all my addons and everything are uptodate
                    So if you run only the TG modpack and not the FPS-helper-mod, does everything work? If so, that would point to the problem...

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                    I use gamebooster great program kills the bs windows likes to put on my pc
                    Yeah I've tried that program too but after a hardware upgrade I found that I really wasn't short on RAM or CPU power, so I stopped using it. (To those that aren't familiar with Gamebooster, it runs separately and helps to stop unneeded processes while you play games. Good for a little extra power while you game.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                      So if you run only the TG modpack and not the FPS-helper-mod, does everything work? If so, that would point to the problem...
                      No when I run it with everything BUT the modpack it works. As soon as i add the modpack back in it crashes. All the files are uptodate and they are where they are supposed to be.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Have you tried running only TG's modpack? Even if it works the other way around it doesn't mean there couldn't be conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                          No when I run it with everything BUT the modpack it works. As soon as i add the modpack back in it crashes. All the files are uptodate and they are where they are supposed to be.
                          I had the same problem dude. I just stopped using my different launchers and edited a shortcut manually. Works fine now.
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Like aero and desktop manager and the sidebar, and the best thing is dredge when I click the button to normal mode it turns all them services and programs back on so if I had a word doc or anything running it turns it back to the way it was before I put it in gaming mode.

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                              I had the same problem dude. I just stopped using my different launchers and edited a shortcut manually. Works fine now.
                              i dont use any launchers and i edited my shortcut myself as well

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X