Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for a great first game!

Hi all,

I logged in last night for the first time, and despite some mic issues, had a great time. I appreciate being welcomed despite being the resident newbie, and while it's a bit overwhelming at times in-game, I didn't get the sense of just being a burden on the team. I even managed to take down a truck driver and later hop into the same truck as the gunner with Inkompetent (I think?) during the Convey ambush mission, and provide cover fire while the rest of the squad was securing the helos!

Looking forward to continuing to jump in.

Cheers,
    ellF

Re: Thanks for a great first game!

Hey you did a great job last night! I for one look forward to gaming with you again!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by ellF View Post
      Hi all,

I logged in last night for the first time, and despite some mic issues, had a great time. I appreciate being welcomed despite being the resident newbie, and while it's a bit overwhelming at times in-game, I didn't get the sense of just being a burden on the team. I even managed to take down a truck driver and later hop into the same truck as the gunner with Inkompetent (I think?) during the Convey ambush mission, and provide cover fire while the rest of the squad was securing the helos!

Looking forward to continuing to jump in.

Cheers,
      ellF
      i didn't get to enjoy the domination because my game froze and had to reboot the computer (not the way i like to reboot my computer) nevertheless i enjoyed the ride with Readen in the little bird and sitting beside Dredge trying to lift the salvage truck :-) In the beginning of this mission i drove the land rover for about 5KM "it was a lonely long trip" because i didn't get a response back when i asked for a lift at base, anyway when i made it close to combat zone i got TK'ed :-(.
      ellf, i was trying to help with your mic issue because i struggled with my mic too until i got it to work, anyhow glad to see that you enjoyed the game.
      sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitechģ G9 Laser Mouse
      let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

Hey ellf,
        Glad to see you had a good time. And rather then go ot in the other topic I thought I would address your comments in this topic.

Clearly defined orders would be very, very helpful: Detailed orders vary among the many different ftl/squad leaders. Iíve had some that will tell me exact details and others that just relay the basics. What has worked for me regarding your points is as follows:

follow the group: Best thing you can do unless told otherwise. Donít be afraid to ask for clarification, and what tends to work best for me is to actually type it out in the group channel as the ftl often has a lot of radio chatter going on.

when I should report contact: Every time using the mic if you can. And keep it short and to the point. I tend to walk around with my compass always up. This way I can say things like; Armor @ 135 or Unknown troops @ 188, etc.

when I should engage or when to shut up and hit the dirt: I always assume we are weapons Yellow unless told otherwise. Hold fire and report contacts, wait for ftl orders. Unless you are taking fire, when that happens hit the dirt and report that you are taking fire then engage. But know your targets, if you can, hit space bar and it will show you green or red. Also, unless you have AT donít bother taking pop shots at armor as all that will do is piss them off and let them know where you are.

I had no idea what role to take: When I first started here I picked the rifleman or grenadier. Those were the roles I saw as expendable and figured when I died first it wouldnít hurt the mission. I also drove the hmmwvís a lot, granted, I wasnít racking up kills and felt like I wasnt really taking part but I was and I learned alot. If you donít know, ask when slotting up or jump into a slot you feel comfortable doing.

Read the mission goals when you can. Ask questions when in doubt, no matter how newbieish they might be. And know that you will get the hang of it soon enough. :)
        There are a lot of people that will take the time to explain different aspects ingame, all you have to do is ask. If you ever see me ingame and in your squad feel free to follow me around and ask questions. Everyone was new at some point.
        The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

welcome aboard. Glad you had a good time. See you on the server !

PS we've got lots of TG'ers from the Boston area. I'm in Quincy.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Great playing with you, ellF! It was great having you as part of the team.

Comment

The gunning from the UAZ was really good, even though we didn't communicate at all about targets. Really good perception and angle coverage :D

Comment

Hey, welcome to TG and you will find it's hard to play anywhere else.
                FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Ah there's a topic for these kind of posts, great!

I'd like thank you aswell. I played my first (quick) games last night but specially the first one was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in my gaming history even though it crashed soon-ish.

I am playing in a ArmA2 tourney right now but it's quite literally dying. If and when it does, I know where I will be spending my game time!

Comment

Sorry about not getting you to MASH, buddy. ;) Better luck next time, eh?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X