*Attention* Special SLX testing 28/11/09-29/11/09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Attention* Special SLX testing 28/11/09-29/11/09

On Saturday & Sunday November 28th and 29th we will be testing SLX mod on the server. Alpha server will running SLX. You will be required to have SLX & the TG modpack. SLX adds some great new features but we do not know how it will handle on the server so we need some guinea pigs to test it on. If we find there is little or no FPS loss for clients we will add it to the TG modpack. Link for SLX http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7045
    DO Not Connect To The Server With SLX On Until Saturday!!!!!!!!!
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: *Attention* Special SLX testing 28/11/09-29/11/09

I will be there

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hey socomseal, any chance we can play arma1 maps they give great fps.
      sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
      let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

Does this mod change the gun sounds for the arma vanilla guns?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Will we b able to sync via yoma or do we need to download it ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by blackmain View Post
            Does this mod change the gun sounds for the arma vanilla guns?
            SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds.pbo:
            Supersonic bullet sounds from real life footage.
            sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

Comment

maybe inform newcomers that Community Base addons will be required by the SLX.
              sigpic

Comment

CBA is part of TG modpack

Comment

dont worry guys you got me ill be there
                  To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by TGZNOL View Post
                    Will we b able to sync via yoma or do we need to download it ourselves?
                    you will need to download it yourself, its only a small file anyway 15mb

Originally posted by InFireBaptize View Post
                    Hey socomseal, any chance we can play arma1 maps they give great fps.
                    why arma1 maps? that would mean more stuff to download

Comment

Ill elaborate on how to setup SLX for our less technical people. Download SLX from the link I gave.
                      1.Open up the download with Winrar,Winzip, or 7zip or any other zip programs.
                      2.Take the @SLX folder in the download and move it to your ArmA2 directory in my case its C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2
                      3.Then you can use your Yoma Tools mod launcher to launch SLX
                      4. (Optional) you can edit your ArmA2 shortcut. To edit your ArmA2 shortcut right click your shortcut and press properties.
                      5.Go to where it says target and at the end add a space then [email protected];@SLX Should look like this "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" [email protected];@TGModpack (Or reversed)
                      6. Have fun you are ready to play but remember do not play on the server with SLX on until Saturday!!!
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                        you will need to download it yourself, its only a small file anyway 15mb

why arma1 maps? that would mean more stuff to download
                        browna3, try them first before you refuse them, they're way smoother than arma2 maps.
                        sigpic

Comment

what maps are there to use besides sahrani and afghani?
                          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I just tried it (SLX) on SP for the first time and I got bad FPS and I think it was interfering with my VOP sound.

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                              what maps are there to use besides sahrani and afghani?
                              Hi Viper
                              There you go:

* ArmA I
                              o Worlds: Sahrani, Rahmadi, SaraLite
                              o Units: M113, M113Ambulance, Vulcan, Ka50, UH60, UH60MG
                              o Objects: Buildings, CTI buildings, Plants, Rocks, Roads, Signs

* Queen's Gambit
                              o Worlds: Porto, United Sahrani
                              o Units: M113 (RACS), M113Ambulance (RACS), Vulcan (RACS), UH60 (RACS), UH60MG (RACS)
                              o Weapons: 6G30
                              o Objects: DBE1

I have tried them in single missions, haven't been noticing any micro stutter and they could be easier on the server!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X