*****SLX disabled******

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****SLX disabled******

Slx currently disabled on alpha server (29 Nov, 8:43pm Mountain time)

Do not try to join the alpha server with slx enabled or you will crash the server

EDIT: Current SLX version: http://www.4shared.com/file/162366164/ee247d87/SLX.html
    Last edited by Gill; 11-29-2009, 10:44 PM. Reason: current version link, updated slx deactivation

Re: *****slx disabled******

Looks like someone came to their senses. Good call.
    || Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

Comment

gotta test things to see if they work

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Diver View Post
        Looks like someone came to their senses. Good call.
        Nobody "came to there senses".

A plan for testing was formulated, undertaken and completed.

At the end of the process the admins made a calculated decision that the mod in its current form is not fit for purpose.

Nothing emotive about it. Just admins giving up their free time to try and make the game better for all.

Comment

Ahhh... never had a chance to test it. Are we going to keep something from it, or nothing at all?
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

There were some good aspects of the MOD, the strongest being that AI but like Hotmachina said it needs to mature a lot more before we use it.

The testing did go very well and we definently have a significant bug report that we can provide to the developers as comments and suggestions. The biggest argument between those who were using their senses and not wasting their time was about the AI. Zues AI is great but some believe that SLX AI is superior and in lots of cases out classes human players in tactics. This is awesome to see because our missions depend on AI to create a challenge in COOP missions.
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
              There were some good aspects of the MOD, the strongest being that AI but like Hotmachina said it needs to mature a lot more before we use it.

The testing did go very well and we definently have a significant bug report that we can provide to the developers as comments and suggestions. The biggest argument between those who were using their senses and not wasting their time was about the AI. Zues AI is great but some believe that SLX AI is superior and in lots of cases out classes human players in tactics. This is awesome to see because our missions depend on AI to create a challenge in COOP missions.
              Well maybe out classes the 1st in tactics not the 353rd aahahahahah

Comment

Well hopefully the mission makers provide enough ammo because you guys go through more for one target then we do for 50. Just saying ya know, i've seen how you operate :P I should have had taken a picture of the air assualt class. I took out all the targets and yet you guys were still shooting... something doesn't make sense :P

Here's a little hint for the 353... just because your shooting doesn't mean your hitting anything MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Thats all me man! I stand in the front and suppress whilest you all run for cover. More then once I've suppressed while in the middle of the road and turned around only to see everyone else 50m behind me hiding behind trees.
                  The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post

At the end of the process the admins made a calculated decision that the mod in its current form is not fit for purpose.

Nothing emotive about it. Just admins giving up their free time to try and make the game better for all.
                    +1 HOT.

I think the majority of people here realize that the mods go out of their way to try improve the game for everyone and fortunately this ideal is not lost on everyone.

Good work guys.
                    Nihility

Comment

i agree the SLX was way more aggresive than Zues. I like it.

Comment

Seems like EVERYONE is missing the point about the addons. They are two completely different things!

Zeus, and SLX_AISKill.pbo are the same things. They both affect AI values, and we can use either of them, depending on our taste.

It is SLX_AI.pbo that has all the fancy AI-stuff everyone talks about, and we can use that no matter if we use SLX or Zeus AI skill levels. It is SLX_AI.pbi that contains all the fancy cover and concealment usage, picking up weapons and ammo, suppressive fire, and stuff like that.

Personally I'd go for using Zeus over SLX AI skill, but in both cases I want to use SLX_AI.pbo.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post

I've been loving TG (and even the newest Yoma AddonSync stuff) for the short time that I've been playing on TG until this weekend when someone decided to throw about 40 game altering mods called "SLX Mod" onto the Alpha server for testing. That plan doesn't sound formulated, and I doubt it will be completed for some time. I'll give you the undertaken part :)

My question is why? Are people complaining that ArmA2 is bad in some way?
                          || Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

Comment

i give up, im taking a break.

see you guys in a few days

Comment

Testing should occur out of prime time and on invitation only. My experience with SLX so far has been being treated like a moron even though I made every concession, downloaded the pack, waited patiently for a password which was changed... 1900-2100 EST Primetime is in my honest opinion, not a good time to make critical alterations to game files. Honestly, Modding games is addictive. I've done it with Oblivion, Grand Theft Auto and Arma2 now... and yes, it's enjoyable to have new content. Having stable content that does not change but does what it is supposed to do consistently and well, which is not perpetually being altered, upgraded or tweaked will create a healthy community. I have secondary programs, game boosting programs, modpacks and files strewn across my harddisk and I don't want to delete anything because I've got it working in some delicate balance right now. I appreciate that people are trying to make the game 'better', but I personally didn't have any problems with it in the first place. Not being able to play on a sunday night is quite the bother, though.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                              -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...