Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*****SLX disabled******

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: *****slx disabled******

    Originally posted by Dirt_Diver View Post
    ...when someone decided to throw about 40 game altering mods called "SLX Mod" onto the Alpha server for testing. That plan doesn't sound formulated, and I doubt it will be completed for some time. I'll give you the undertaken part :)

    My question is why? Are people complaining that ArmA2 is bad in some way?
    Yes, they are. The vanilla AI, in particular, is about as tactically-intelligent as a 4 year old child. Given that vanilla AI is fundamentally stupid and only provides a "challenge" by way of overwhelming numbers and/or artificially superhuman abilities (sniper aimbot shots with an AK-74) the main priority is to provide an Artificial Intelligence that mimics human players in both tactics and ability.

    There were many pieces of the SLX mod that sounded interesting on paper, and as such we put the entire thing onto the server to test it out. Major conflicts resulted, so it is now stripped down to a bare-bones model with pieces being added back into the package to see if any more conflicts result (like the impossible-to-predict mass seagull spawn that caused so much instability).

    The mod will provide better gameplay in the interim between now and the release of ACE 2. Help us test it out. All that is required of you is to download the file, unpack it and place it into an addon folder of your choice (name it whatever you wish), and jump onto the server to try it out. Have an open mind, provide feedback about what you like and what you don't like.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: *****slx disabled******

      Originally posted by Gill View Post
      Yes, they are. The vanilla AI, in particular, is about as tactically-intelligent as a 4 year old child. Given that vanilla AI is fundamentally stupid and only provides a "challenge" by way of overwhelming numbers and/or artificially superhuman abilities (sniper aimbot shots with an AK-74) the main priority is to provide an Artificial Intelligence that mimics human players in both tactics and ability.
      I totally agree with your comments about the bad AI. That's my only complaint about ArmA2 and it seems we currently have two choices ...

      SLX AI Mods

      Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting Mods

      Could we separately test these two mods in a controlled environment pleeeeeeze :)
      || Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: *****slx disabled******

        Folks, take a deep breath and decide whether the insults and anger in your posts are absolutely necessary before you hit the post button.
        Last edited by Gill; 11-29-2009, 09:54 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: *****slx disabled******

          ok dirt enough.

          stop this now

          SLX is removed from the servers so everyone can stop this bitch whining.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: *****slx disabled******

            Originally posted by browna3 View Post
            ok dirt enough.

            stop this now

            SLX is removed from the servers so everyone can stop this bitch whining.

            I resent the implication that expressing dissenting opinions about testing this during primetime and keeping many players out is 'bitch whining'. I expected more professionalism and tact from an admin...


            If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
            -Carl Von Clausewitz



            'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: *****slx disabled******

              Originally posted by browna3 View Post
              i give up, im taking a break.

              see you guys in a few days
              ?
              || Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.6GHz || BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 285 OCX || Sound Blaster X-Fi || 4 Gig OCZ Reaper DDR2 || Vista 32bit (sucks) ||

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: *****slx disabled******

                Originally posted by Hank Rearden View Post
                I resent the implication that expressing dissenting opinions about testing this during primetime and keeping many players out is 'bitch whining'. I expected more professionalism and tact from an admin...
                Opinions are good, and welcomed.

                Professionalism and tact are a two-way street however. Your deleted post was an example of neither.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: *****slx disabled******

                  correct me if i am wrong the ENTIRE TIME the slx was one the server was under the pretense of TEST, which means you didnt have to be apart of it. it seemed way to much for me, thus i didnt participate..... look and im not casing problems, grow up guys, how old are you again???

                  thanks admins.... the crap you guys put up with is amazing!!!!
                  Last edited by Jack Bauer; 11-29-2009, 10:22 PM. Reason: i swore






                  "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: *****slx disabled******

                    whaaaaaa whhaaaaaa guys stop crying jack is right if you didn't want to test it don't,\\ we didn't have a gun to your head. I wish I did but come on...hey remember the bravo server go play there if you don't want to test the mod.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: *****slx disabled******

                      Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                      whaaaaaa whhaaaaaa guys stop crying jack is right if you didn't want to test it don't,\\ we didn't have a gun to your head. I wish I did but come on...hey remember the bravo server go play there if you don't want to test the mod.
                      No no, the issue is some of us -wanted- to test it, but weren't allowed in because we weren't cool enough for the club or something...


                      If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                      -Carl Von Clausewitz



                      'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: *****slx disabled******

                        what club?

                        please tell me? i dont know what club your on about?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: *****slx disabled******

                          Uh, wut? It was an open invite for everyone to take part and test.

                          And those that wanted to play without playtesting could always play on Bravo server the entire time.



                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: *****slx disabled******

                            Originally posted by Hank Rearden View Post
                            Testing should occur out of prime time and on invitation only....

                            1900-2100 EST Primetime is in my honest opinion, not a good time to make critical alterations to game files....
                            I agree with Rearden here. I was kinda frustrated when I had to download and wait. Especially since I couldn't even get to join in.

                            I know its over and all and I hope you guys can sort out this SLX mod whatnot but, in the future, can you change the time you guys test? Also if you are gonna have an open beta, can you clearly post directions to download the mod.

                            It seemed that there was a bit of Charlie Foxtrot going on.

                            Just my two cents



                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: *****slx disabled******

                              If passwords are changed, they should be updated in TS so it isn't disruptive to get it.

                              There was multiple conflicting notes as to where the correct password was, but wasn't anywhere tonight.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: *****slx disabled******

                                Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                                If passwords are changed, they should be updated in TS so it isn't disruptive to get it.

                                There was multiple conflicting notes as to where the correct password was, but wasn't anywhere tonight.
                                The reason password was NOT showed on TS ought to be obvious by now. SLX crashes the server and all other clients if someone joins with/without some major component of SLX that's inversely present on the server and other clients.

                                To prevent that from happening (since on Saturday there were LOTS of problems with people too thick to take the hint with the password "slxisrunningandmandatory" and still joined the server without it, thus crashing it, it couldn't be showed anymore, and people got to know only if they asked.



                                Comment

                                Connect

                                Collapse

                                TeamSpeak 3 Server

                                Collapse

                                Twitter Feed

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X