Bravo Night 11/30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo Night 11/30

I guess I'll start a thread on it as I don't see one. I really enjoyed playing with the new gamers. I think for the most part they did very well, and hopefully they enjoyed it as well. Unfortunatly I think the server had problems at least twice during the event, but other than that it went pretty well. I hope we can have some more of these events to introduce the some new gamers.
    Last edited by Gill; 12-01-2009, 01:39 AM.
    |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Re: Bravo Night 11/31

It was a pity we crashed in the end, but up until that it included an awesome hot zone helicopter landing, very coherent squads, and the best platoon column I've seen on TG yet. Wonderful round!

Comment

I think with all the forums about declining team work/tactics right now, this night was a step in a good direction. I'm proud of all the regulars as I saw you guys really trying to help out the new guys and remain tactical.
      |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
      And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

we should have days where we just play on bravo. like if u happen to play arma on a Wednesday we can all just be on bravo quote "recruiting people"
        If you wanna find me off TG
        Xbox live- fusionpo0
        Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
        Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Yeah it was nice to see dudes who were obviously new to ArmA with a real willingness to learn being met by TG guys who were happy to show them the ropes. Crashes aside, the gameplay and teamwork on Bravo tonight was excellent.

Comment

Re: Bravo Night 11/30

I thought Dredge did an excellent job in weeding out bad players and giving warnings. Just when the mission started we had a new player team killing several squad members using the chopper machine gun at base but got kicked quick. Papa... another new player was a good player he listened and followed direction. Hoffman kept crossing my line of fire few times and i was worried about TKilling him. The bridge mission was fun, i saw full fire team got blown up by a mortar near the truck!

Unfortunately, when i was in S(+)pe's chopper with Rearden fire team my PC restarted itself! and had to reboot but my transport back to Lz was smooth.

We should be in Bravo everyday but again it needs support of some commanders/squad leaders/admin this is also a good opportunity for regular TG players to lead-learn as well.

Good job everybody :-)
            sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
            let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

I would like to say that last nights "Bravo Bash" was some of the most fun I have had at TG. The tactics where solid and the tempo was high. The level of team play was top notch. I have never seen squad movements go that well on Bravo ever! I would like to thank every TG member that helped out and I assure you that I will be on Bravo doing this alot more.

Side Note: You will never take me alive! Some of you know what I am talking about. :D It just goes to show you dont heal me next to your gun truck :P

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Heck, I haven't even seen that good platoon marching on Alpha! It was incredible! :)

Comment

Agreed on the quality of last night's play! It was a very good experience, all around. Kudos to Ice and Tiggr for leading both of the FTs I was in so well. I ended up in the team that was blown to bits by the mortar during the bridge mission, and got to see the coordination from a decent vantage point afterwards -- nicely done, even though we lost. :)

I had a couple of inopportune desyncs, including one where I was trying to hand my compass over to tiggr and ended up stuck in a crouch (much to Barnes' frustration, I imagine!), but overall the formations were tight and the attitude fantastic. I would definitely be willing to play on Bravo more frequently.

Comment

I've got to say I walked away from this improv 'Bravo Bash' with a smile on my face. Oddly enough it was the best time I've had on Bravo. The teamwork, comm's and attitude from everyone there was outstanding.
                    Heck I know for certain one person asked for the TS password and we told them they needed to join here to get it and not less then 5mins later he was in TS. I also saw a few new TG'ers there that did an outstanding job of following orders and comm work, not to mention a few pubbers that admitted they were lost that asked for and received help from the reg TG'ers (that says alot about someone when they step up and ask for help and even more for the ppl that step up and help).

And at the end of the bridge mission, I was hearing chatter on TS about ppl waiting when there was 11 of us still alive but my jaw dropped when we called it and I saw the list. Honestly the only thing I could muster was 'wow'.

Yes, 'Bravo Bash' will become a weekly thing.

Thank you all for reminding me why I joined and why I became a supporting member.
                    The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Originally posted by ellF View Post
                      I ended up in the team that was blown to bits by the mortar during the bridge mission
                      Was that you standing by the front of the truck off the sand bags? i heard an explosion and when looked i saw that person flying from front to back of truck from impact, others behind sandbags were dead, i paused behind the sand bags in crouch position looking for survival in awe!!
                      sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by InFireBaptize View Post
                        Was that you standing by the front of the truck off the sand bags? i heard an explosion and when looked i saw that person flying from front to back of truck from impact, others behind sandbags were dead, i paused behind the sand bags in crouch position looking for survival in awe!!
                        That was me. My death was a muffled explosion/ringing sound, with my body flung back a good 30m. I never saw the round or heard anyone shout "incoming!", so it was exciting, to say the least.

Comment

i'm laughing so bad right now man every time i picture you standing by that truck picking enemies and all of a sudden you're flying, LOL. That truck was very close to you and even to the people behind the sandbags and if weren't dead then probably licking your wounds.
                          Oh man, can't stop laughing :-)
                          sigpic

Comment

Well done to all that took part in the event, im very proud of yea!

Comment

Nice initiative, doesn't that feel better?!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X