Might have it figured out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have it figured out.

So after my eleventy nineth crash last night I gave up and went to uninstall arma. When I clicked uninstall I got an error about bad strings, then the short cut in the control panel disappeared. Very Interesting. So I started installing it again this morning and as soon as i put the CD I didnt get a play option only an install. After it was done I had several extra "new" files in my ArmA 2 directory. Hopefully this fixes it.

*crosses fingers*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Might have it figured out.

Hope that was it Dredge. *crosses toes*

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Heh, that sounds typically bad! I've had that experience with the system32 folder once :o

Good luck with it, Dredge!

Comment

So far so good. I have Lorelei working it right now....I am having to update with the 1.04 patch again and ACE and the beta (just cause i like the new helo controls). So everything is wiped and starting fresh.....

*lights candle and starts praying*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

You ok there at work Dredge ?

Lorelei and your PC are home alone.
          I think they're touching each other
          ;)

|

Comment

lol. if thats what it takes to make the CTD's stop I am willing to try anything! But I think it should be ok now. I moved alot of stuff around and added whatnots to my addons and I think throughout the process managed to mess up my core ArmA files, and it was only a matter of time before it became unstable. So with a fresh install new files and an new update I think I should be back in the field fighting socom for the pilot slot! lol.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

ok reinstalled it now when it tries to run i get an error that says:
              No entry '.profilePathDefault'.

Clicked "OK" it goes to the loading screen then CTD's......um....Help?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                ok reinstalled it now when it tries to run i get an error that says:
                No entry '.profilePathDefault'.

Clicked "OK" it goes to the loading screen then CTD's......um....Help?
                A google search revealed this

Hope that helps. It's supposed to be for dedicated servers but maybe your 'start in' path is wrong?

The same search also reveals a post by someone else on TG's battlefield whatever forum.

Also looks like someone on the ACE2 forum at BI is having the same problem, but there's been no response.

Comment

yeah i think i have figured out the problem just by reading that. the new beta comes with an ArmA server.exe and i think Lorelei (who was working on it for me) used that as the shortcut instead of the regular beta. I will have to check on that when i get home tonight.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Ok rolled back my ATI drivers. Have no prob on Bravo server loaded it up and played for several hours but the second I join Alpha I CTD. I played on it before for awhile but not now. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that here are almost 40 people on the server? When I was on it earlier there where only like 6.

Thoughts?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Dredge, in my personal experience CTD come without any apparent reason. I always crash in every gaming session, some times after 15 min, other times 1 hour, but I always crash :p

Since arma1 that I started seeing this as a sign of the gods to go and do something else.
                      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
                        Since arma1 that I started seeing this as a sign of the gods to go and do something else.

ROFL! But have u ever wondered if this is a sign of the gods telling that your CPU is overheating?

Comment

Found this on the Bohemia Wiki....Think this might be a leading cause?

Arma crashes when connecting to servers
                          Any attempt to connect to a server crashes ArmA with an error message "arma has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Solution

Solve it by deleting some troublesome MP cache files ~

C:\Documents and Settings\user profile\local settings\application data\ArmA
                          Delete the ArmA folder, and try to connect to some servers.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

hmmm maybe i should try that too since ive been crashing lately when i try to get in the back of a chopper. if i can translate that to vista

Edit: Username/appdata/local/arma
                            "Lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll!" - Venom, 'Black Metal'

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                              Ok rolled back my ATI drivers. Have no prob on Bravo server loaded it up and played for several hours but the second I join Alpha I CTD. I played on it before for awhile but not now. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that here are almost 40 people on the server? When I was on it earlier there where only like 6.

Thoughts?
                              IT could be that half the people playing on Alpha last night had a different version of ACE which causes inconsistency and may cause crashes.
                              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X