Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Nice_Boat Tank Damage System?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried Nice_Boat Tank Damage System?

If so what are your thoughts on it?

Re: Has anyone tried Nice_Boat Tank Damage System?

Perhaps a little info would have been nice IE what does it do? :D

I was pretty disappointed that my bradley got disabled by about 3 hand grenades yesterday, does this nice boat system change that kind of thing?
    Nihility

Comment

Your wish is my command...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84673

Comment

Looks fantastic. Going to download it tonight and test it but this looks like a really quality addon. If I am correct in what I read, RPGs can now only inflict 'mobility kills' while larger explosions and SABOT will still kill MBT's. Sounds like they made the Abrams a little beefy in comparison to the T-90. Inclusion of this mod for realism's sake would dramatically increase the number of armour focused TVT and Coop missions, I bet. A very necessary change.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
        -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Originally posted by T.Shepherd View Post

I wish for $100000000000000!!!
          Nihility

Comment

Okay here you go....

$100000000000000!!!

Comment

Hooray! Free SSD's for everyone!
              Nihility

Comment

Just make sure you won't use that on the server, as it might screw things up for people not using it.

Comment

Why couldn't this become a required mod to play on TG server...It looks like one hell of improvement in may ways?

Comment

One big reason: Not ACE compatible.

edit: I took a peek at the code, and it probably wouldn't be THAT hard to adapt for ACE. Convert to .sqf(it's in .sqs now), streamline it a lot and add ACE-specific units.

Comment

Alot of the feed back from this is pretty bad. Indistructable m1a1's and so forth.
                      Javs not blowing T72's.
                      Nihility

Comment

The feedback if you check the timestamps implies that it was WIP. I think it's current incarnation should be functional, since there is no new commentary. Or not. Haven't tested it yet, but I'd be down for testing.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                        -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

ACE is still in its beta stage....again...BETA. Patience gents, patience.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Nice_Boat's system was never finished and is no longer being worked on afaik, but rather a system that solved some damage and broke other, and that's simply how it is. ACE is working hard on implementing and balancing CAVS though, so we'll see a steady improvement of the armour system.

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                              Alot of the feed back from this is pretty bad. Indistructable m1a1's and so forth.
                              Javs not blowing T72's.
                              m1a1s ARE virtually indestructible - the only threat at long range is the t-90 (Although the abrams is still superior). It is highly unrealistic the way the game is now. T-72 SABOT/HEAT and below (including RPGs) should bounce off the frontal armor of the M1A1. This is to say nothing of crew survivability, which is absurdly high in the abrams, even in case of penetration, due to the way ammunition is stored behind two blast doors.

If you want a realistic look at the abrams abilities in game form, see combat mission shock force. Good book: M1 Abrams vs T-72 Ural by Zaloga

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X