We're really hurting for missions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're really hurting for missions!

So, with ACE out, we're really hurting for fun, stable missions to play, both Co-op and TvT. I'd like to suggest that we take up some kind of collection and use it to fund a mission design contest. Say a prize for top rated mission and a raffle where each stable, tested mission submitted and approved for the server gets you one chance to win.

With a little luck it will give folks a push to make missions and give some of the newer players an incentive to try out the editor.

I'd be willing to donate a month's supporting membership or a 20$ giftcard to Fry's or Amazon towards it.

Any interest?

Re: We're really hurting for missions!

If only I knew how to make good missions.

Comment

Originally posted by Exadus View Post
      If only I knew how to make good missions.
      Check out the editing forum. Making a good, basic mission for 12 people isn't that hard, and can get you started.

Comment

I'm making a series of 4-8 missions based on a motorized infantry invasion of Chernarus. Falcon may be helping if I can convince him I need his help desperately enough.

Comment

Yes I've been meaning to make some missions for TG, been making them since OFP but have still yet to get around to doing a couple for TG as we do really need them. That said if scope or anyone needs a hand i'll be happy to help.

Comment

I'd like to get back into the missions-game (I have a good idea for a long form combined arms TvT), but the main thing putting me off is the way ACE is being updated. With updates every single day I don't want to have to keep updating my missions when something inevitably breaks.

Comment

It's every week Sam Hoy, as stated in the sticky.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                I'd like to get back into the missions-game (I have a good idea for a long form combined arms TvT), but the main thing putting me off is the way ACE is being updated. With updates every single day I don't want to have to keep updating my missions when something inevitably breaks.
                Yes sam, TG is only updating at a weekly basis. I want that convoy mission back!
                sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

And if something would break due to an ACE updated, you can be sure they'll be repairing it. I hardly think they'll intentionally change what is out now, to the point of breaking it, even when changing how stuff works from the foundation up. ACE in general is well designed that way.

Comment

I'm working on my first mission with the F2 framework right now. Mechanized Infantry Platoon Sweep and Clear with well defined LOAs. A little 'scripted' but no more so than an F16TAC. It'd be done but this is my exam week so I'm working around the clock on studying when I'm not playing A2 or EVE for stress relief.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                    -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

EVE for stress-relief? It's like a second JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        I'm making a series of 4-8 missions based on a motorized infantry invasion of Chernarus. Falcon may be helping if I can convince him I need his help desperately enough.
                        @ Scope: my finals are done and I'm back home so I should be around and able to help quite a bit.

As for myself, currently working on a few projects, first off a series of infantry centeric maps in the same vein as my F16TAC missions, these F16ACE missions are designed to get something on the server quickly, will be releasing 3-5 today. I also am working on 3 missions in a 'God's Children' campaign based on the novel by Harold Coyle, these are 20 person missions which should fill a large gap we currently have in the mission list. Finally working on a 'Team Yankee' campaign based again on the book by Harold Coyle. These follow a tank/mechanized infantry company through world war III.

Comment

any guides for the editor ive got lots of ideas but
                          no skill to put them into the editor with scripts and all that stuff

they would probably be for around the 15 mark and 40 minutes long
                          To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Here you go Hashassin:

Armed Assault Editing Guide by mr murray: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Tutorial videos by PCLipse: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...s-pclipse.html

Our own editing forum: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...n-development/

Good luck.
                            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse