"Tunguska From Hell"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tunguska From Hell"

I really hope someone recorded the hilarious end of nightstalkers mission tonight on the ACE 2 server. Had a blast guys, gg!

- Krause

P.S. Nothing beats 20 guys chasing after a fleeing BTR.

Re: "Tunguska From Hell"

I think the missions are imbalanced from some server settings or ACE2 or something. Perhaps the missions need their AI difficulty tweaked?

Most of the coop missions have been turkey shoots since ACE2 came out, and VERY often the armor doesn't seem to engage properly. No idea what's up with that.

Comment

Nightstalkers needs a few things cleaned up. Access to vehicles, respawn code, and bodies disapearing and taking their gear with them are at the top of my list of fixes.

We should probably keep in mind that ACE2 is currently in Beta. Be sure to give the ACE guys feedback!

Comment

Yeah the mission was real fun and the charlie foxtrot on the last Tunguska was fun we managed to make the crew members bail from millions of pistol rounds and grenades

The fact is the teams are not given enough satchels and AT to properly complete the mission, you are tasked with blowing an ammo position, 4 x t90 which take two satchels each, and multiple enemy armor assets.
        The bodies disappearing can be annoying and can contribute to the lack of AT
        If you wanna find me off TG
        Xbox live- fusionpo0
        Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
        Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

You negative nancies (fusion excluded). I was trying to make an appreciation thread, way to hijack!

Comment

I played last night and had a good time, to me thats what its all about. I have received my 40 bucks worth of entertainment out of this game a long time ago, its all gravy now.

Comment

The deal with Nightstrike is that we have to focus heavily on logistics, someone needs to unlock the vehicles in the US spawn and more care and attention needs to be taken by SL's in designating ammo bearers, specifically for the AT assets. It's a consistent problem, not having enough SMAW rounds. The mission is fantastic, just needs some minor editing to be perfect. Also, the flares don't seem to burn as long in the new ACE2 as originally intended.

The Tunguska was not different from any other piece of armour I've seen since I started playing. The AI is ubiquitously asinine, less so on mobile vehicles but AA guns which sit in one position or have been rendered immobile tend to be significantly less brilliant. The map does also need a fix where bodies don't disappear, but I think that's handled through the 'garbage collector' module if I'm not mistaken?

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
              -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

i thought it was funny how we just shot at it for about 20 min till they got out. everyone needs to take some more satchels.
                I just want to let everyone know about my cat... hes such a great cat...

Comment

My issue with Nightstrike is that it requires +5km of trekking with squads that, by necessity, are loaded with +35 kilos of gear. Ground-pounding is well and good until you have to haul that much ordinance that far.

Comment

Hence unlocking the humvees/trucks for logistics, resupply and transportation.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                    -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Bingo! I'm complaining about the map because it's a very well laid out and enjoyable mission. If a few bugs and glitches get cleaned up it will become a truly great mission.

As far as AT assets go, by the time we got to Gorka we could have used exactly two more SMAW rounds. It was also suggested that SLAMs might be appropriate for dealing with the light armor and heavy vehicles that we were fighting.

The T-90s have always been a real problem. At 9kgs each an infantryman can effectively carry 1 satchel in addition to his weapon and other equipment before he starts to seriously limit his mobility. SMAW rounds are far to precious to use on the T-90s, especially with a half dozen infantry murdering Tunguskas waiting in Gorka. Unlocking a few humvees or an MTVR would fix this by allowing the commander to designate some logistics troosp to bring up ammo and other equipment at a reasonable pace. Armed humvees would be appreciated, as the infantry AI seems to enjoy atacking from unexpected directions.

Comment

That was fantastic. When the crew jumped out everyone was ****ting bricks because they were all out of ammo!

Comment

SLAMs are cruise missiles, are they not? Do they even exist in ACE? Even if they did, how would we use them? And finally.. I don't think cruise missiles would be effective on that map due to the large amount of trees.

Comment

SLAM can also refer to "Selectable Lightweight Attack Munition" instead of "Standoff Land Attack Missile" :)

Comment

The military loves their acronyms. Next explosive they make will be called a K.A.B.O.O.M., or Killer Asset-Busting Omnidirectional Orifice-Melter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X