Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about some of the effects addons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about some of the effects addons?

When I messed around with Arma for a very short period of time there were some visual effects and sound effects addons we used. Can we still use these are is it not necessary with the Ace mod? I think the one I used was the FDF sound & @arma effects.

I have heard some people talking about some other addons and would like to hear what are the most useful in the game right now. I would like to add those before our event this afternoon.

Thanks
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: Question about some of the effects addons?

This thread was a pretty good list:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...uys-using.html

...but to be honest, I've disabled almost everything since ACE2 came. The sounds and visuals are just perfect now.

Except maybe the "carglass" mod... not sure if ACE2 covers that little detail (driving blind because of a cracked windshield is so infuriating):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7100

Comment

War FX particles http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8182 and JTD fire and smoke mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7383
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Thanks for the information..... I have already added the FX particles and JTD fire and smoke along with one other. I'll keep playing around until I find the ones I like best.
        "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
        "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

I wouldn't touch WarFx. Besides screwing up ACE you'll have a good chance of screwing up several other mods too, it's so badly made at the moment. Afaik the author is working on fixing it, but no word on when it's ready. JTD otoh is not fully online-compatible at the moment, so remember to take it off when going MP or you'll cause trouble to other players.

Comment

WarFX works fine with ACE and online and all other mods I've ever used, to be honest. Never had a problem except the odd 'script missing fireandsmoke.sqf' or something like that.

I just got JTD today and am going to test it out further, but thusfar I've noticed no compatibility problems between mods and actually have seen improved stability and game performance.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
            -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Rearden View Post
              WarFX works fine with ACE and online and all other mods I've ever used, to be honest. Never had a problem except the odd 'script missing fireandsmoke.sqf' or something like that..
              That error is because some is running JTD. As I said it's not MP-compatible. WarFX may be "working fine", but something else probably isn't such as ACE's particle effects. WarFX overrides so much of the core game files.

Comment

JTD isn't server-friendly. Please don't use it.

Comment

Im using JTD until Obama tells me not too.
                  FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I swear I'll write a script that crashes everyone using JTD :) I hate the errors it causes on everyone not using it.

Comment

You can pry JTD from my cold dead hands Fincuan, its just -way- too pretty to give up.

Comment

So both of you actually like partially ruining the game for others not using the mod?

Comment

"ruining" is hardly accurate Fin.

Comment

Periodically getting a checkbox that halts your game until you hit "OK" is not ruining the game? Mkkay... We have diffrent standards then

Comment

You show me proof Fin and i might consider it but all I ever see from most people posting that a mod can cause problems is just a post stating that. I have not seen proof of these, I need cold hard facts whether it's numbers or a video but I see lots of people forcing others to make decisions just on the fact that they think it can cause problems. I don't see how smoke effects can cause hurt to others.

So until i am FORCED to remove this mod, don't bother posting about how Glory and I are ruining it for others. The admins draw the line here, not you and no one else so why don't other's learn this also and stop playing admin.
                              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X