would you download CAA1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you download CAA1?

a lot of people have asked the admins before about whether we could use CAA1
    on the servers.

Once of the reason this is being considered is because it would enable us to use avghani/afghan which are 2 amazingly awesome desert maps.

However as alot of people are aware CAA1 is a fairly large download and we would like to see what people think on this

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE WILL ADOPT CAA1 ONTO THE SERVERS!
    Yes
    71.70%
    No
    11.32%
    What is CAA1 and were are my brownies?
    16.98%

re: would you download CAA1?

I voted yes, even though I dislike now having to play some odd shuffling jobs to make it all fit on my SSD.

At the end of the day, if we play the maps that use it, then I think the space is well used. BUT, if it's just going to sit there on my HD and not be inregular rotation, I do not think it is worth it.

To note, I had a heck of a time getting it to work (and gave up), so installation needs to be airtight and no worse than ACE2 is right now.

Comment

Re: would you download CAA1?

I am the same boat.. small ssd, do not like to waste space unless it works right and we use it.

Comment

The huge positive aside from having some new great maps is, the maps handle better on the server so less lag. Furthermore, everyone should get very good FPS from this meaning they can possibly crank their graphics up.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I voted yes.

It will add something different to Arma2. We will be able to play on great desert maps such as avghani, afghan and sahrani with high fps rate.

Keep voting guys :).

Comment

I am all for new content and new missions. Caveat with what FG&P said though about streamlined, easy installation instructions.
            The Don Abides...

Comment

Yes

It comes with great "new" content, and I already have it. Installation is painless with Yoma, since the CAA1 server is already one of the default servers coming with the tool.

Comment

Already have it :D Would dl again if needed and if its put to use.
                The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

just so people are aware
                  the total download size is around 2.5gb

Comment

I would but my SSD is readily becoming my ArmA2 drive.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Just put everything to sync up with Yoma... and i'll download anything I don't care.

P.S. I have no idea what CAA is but I have faith in the other TG's preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                        I would but my SSD is readily becoming my ArmA2 drive.
                        Not that its a bad thing :row__588:
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

yes, yes I would.

Comment

for anyone who doesn't know what CAA1 does it basicly allows us to use arma units etc. but more importantly the possibility of using some amazing desert maps that are missed in arma2
                            also by using these maps there is the possibility of FPS boosts for everyone!

Comment

With TG's current update schedule, what are the chances of having to update or redownload CAA1?

Currently, I'm against it. Not only do I think most of the CAA1 maps are boring and ugly, but they've also been proven, time and again, to have major problems including buildings warping in and out of view, and AI pathfinding problems. Besides that, the major reason for some people voting (Avgani and Afghan Village) will be redundant as soon as Operation Arrowhead ships.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X