ACE 2 Chemlite bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE 2 Chemlite bug

I just wanted to point out that there is a bug with the chemlite system for some people. It was mentioned in several posting on the BIS forms and even here by Ghost02.

I have played two Nightstriker missions and have had to endure the frustation of squad leaders because I could not get my chemlite to work. Fortunately I was not shot, as threatened at first.

It is a BUG, we can pick up the light in our gear, but the option to attache does not appear when you press the "F" key.

I have tried the dropping the lite and then picking it back up. Carrying multiple lites. Carrying it in a back pack, carrying it without a back pack.

The only thing I haven't tried is dropping all gear and just picking up the chemlite--I read that this might work to solve the bug.

In any event, don't shoot the victim please :). Look at it as an unexpected thing you have to address within the scope of the mission. In my case, my squad leader assigned me a buddy to stick with in order not to incur FF. Thanks Tigger for keeping me safe.

Re: ACE 2 Chemlite bug

Lemme tell you what is wrong, it is a mod conflict. Clean out your addons folder and such, and only load CBA ACE and ACEX. If there is still a problem talk to me.

Also, take ALL other mods out of your Arma2 folder.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

It might not be a mod conflict, as I did a fresh install and (through steam, only using ACE) and had the same bug. Download the most recent Arma 2 Beta from BIS and it should solve your problems.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

i had a problem where if i packed chemlights into a rucksack i couldn't attach the chemlight. but once the chems were out of my bag it worked

I was with you tobruk on one of those missions and i remember how we tried everything with you to get those chemlights working
        If you wanna find me off TG
        Xbox live- fusionpo0
        Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
        Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Doesn't anyone else see this as an AI exploit?

I understand that the AI are not properly programmed and cannot "see" your chemlight... but doesn't it seem wrong to walk around like fireflies during night combat just because you can get away with it?

I personally can't wait until BIS or the ACE team fixes this exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
            Also, take ALL other mods out of your Arma2 folder.
            How would that make a difference? Not like they can conflict if they aren't loaded.

And I agree with longtime. It is definitely exploiting/cheating (not to mention completely immersion-breaking) to do completely retarded stuff just because the AI can't handle it properly. Nothing against fooling around once in a while, but using chemlights as squad markers shouldn't be made a habit ^^
            Last edited by Inkompetent; 12-15-2009, 06:44 AM.

Comment

+1 here, I don't like to run around with a light in my shoulder it just doesn't fell right. If we are going to use something, let it be flashlights at least the AI can see them.
              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I think we should really start making use of the IR Strobes :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  I think we should really start making use of the IR Strobes :D
                  Tell me about it, I still get nightmares from the event-mission. NVG+strobes made me feel like I'm heavily stoned in some horror disco :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
                    Tell me about it, I still get nightmares from the event-mission. NVG+strobes made me feel like I'm heavily stoned in some horror disco :icon_lol:
                    They worked fine in ACE1, but yes they are a bit exaggerated in ACE2... maybe it's because of all that HDR that makes stars the size of the moon.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I asked and they put in IR chemlights if you guys prefer that.
                      "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                      So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                      tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                      tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                      tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                      tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Ace2=beta!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
                          I asked and they put in IR chemlights if you guys prefer that.
                          Really? Didn't know they exist, that would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                            Doesn't anyone else see this as an AI exploit?

I understand that the AI are not properly programmed and cannot "see" your chemlight... but doesn't it seem wrong to walk around like fireflies during night combat just because you can get away with it?

I personally can't wait until BIS or the ACE team fixes this exploit.
                            Your sense of fairness is great, but you didn't play enough NES back in the day. You should know the computer always cheats!

Actually, I agree. Chemlights should cause players to be noticed by AI.

Comment

Originally posted by CroMagnonTX View Post
                              Your sense of fairness is great, but you didn't play enough NES back in the day. You should know the computer always cheats!

Actually, I agree. Chemlights should cause players to be noticed by AI.
                              Not if they're IR chemlights.

IR chemlights are basically chemlights with a nearly-opaque maroon cover as opposed to the thick, clear plastic of regular chemlights. At night, you can see them faintly, FAINTLY glowing a deep, dark purplish/red. With NVGs, you can see the IR chemlight easily, but it doesn't throw much ambient light off itself.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X