What would happen...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen...

...If there was a TVT on server with like 150 people playing? No AI, no scripts, no respawn, no nothing, just plain 150 people put in the editor fighting over a town or some thing.
    Would it lag terribly? Would it crash the server? Would it be even possible to get that number of people together?

Re: What would happen...

I think it's possible, as long as you don't use any mods like ACE, or modules from BI like the First Aid module... :p

EDIT: Although I remember reading somewhere that the maximum players are 100, but I don't remember why, or if it's the maximum tested yet.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

It depends on server specs, but there would be most likely lag. You need NASA computer to run game like this, and with Arma engine its still going to cause trouble.

Comment

I've seen 120 players with relatively ok lag in Berzerk(heavyish on scripts and vehicles), so 150 players and not much else should be doable if they aren't all within a few hundred meters of each other.

Comment

I don't know about 150, but 100-120 or so should be viable provided that everyone is on good behavior and agrees to not use any mods. Having the server disable custom files (faces/sounds), and stripping XMLs from everyone would likely go a long way to help ensure stability as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X