Desert map Quesh-Kibrul v1.0 [32MB] released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert map Quesh-Kibrul v1.0 [32MB] released

Just test played and I must say to it looks good. There is 3 smaller islands creating something like arhipelago, no lag or low fps noticed. Island size is 32 MB.

This map could be used as a desert map that everyone wants so much :).

Few screens from flying in editor:

More info and download - > http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...id=3485&game=1.

No addons are required!

Re: Desert map Quesh-Kibrul v1.0 [32MB] released

That seems a fun map, although a little small.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I dig it
      "Lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll!" - Venom, 'Black Metal'

Comment

if anyone has tried this map you will find that its not very good.

the towns are copy & paste jobs
        it lags like hell
        its not really a desert map

Comment

This is a IMO poorly planned out Tropical island. The trees dropped my FPS even worse than Chenarus. Furthermore, the east and south islands do not offer any good usable terrain for mission makers. The towns were very small consisting of 5 buildings each. Lastly, the airport city which is the only good part was the same building copy and pasted over and over. The oilfields were the same way as the airport city. This map is not really made for aircraft or tanks more like infantry with Humvees which does get old quickly. IMO Avgani/Afghan were better because they were larger, planned out and looked realistic.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I guess map is the way it is, because of its small size. It didn't lag for me.

Comment

Mikee you are a "New" junkie. It seems that anything new that comes along for this game, you want it and want it now.

Comment

And this one?
                http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8701

IT WAS MADE TO WORK WITH ACE.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

The effect of 'copy' pasted buildings is less brutal than I anticipated, honestly similar structures do tend to be grouped together, especially if the contractor was responsible for constructing 3 warehouses or 5 habitations in the same geographical proximity and the engineers just recycled a proven design. This is often the case with 'oil towns' of the middle-east where structures are hastily assembled based on either pre-fabricated specifications or are not professionally engineered (as in the case of many personal habitations.)

This map reminds me of Al-Basra from Project Reality and I think it would make a fantastic Iraqi Insurgent vs. US Army engagement with light vehicles/APCs/Tanks but maybe only a single helicopter for logistical purposes. Editors are free to put a US military base pretty much anywhere in the available area. The small size would lend itself to a 30-40 player TVT Counter-Insurgency Operations scenario better than a coop gameplay. However, since more focused, ACE2 TVT missions are needed, I like it.

That being said, there are probably better maps available which would suit the same purpose. I'm looking forward greatly to Op. Arrowhead and possible induction of CAA1 map pack for ARMA2/ACE2 @TG.
                  Last edited by Hank Rearden; 12-15-2009, 02:33 PM.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
                  -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Cephei just a little correction, Aiaktalik map was made to work with six-updater.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
                      Cephei just a little correction, Aiaktalik map was made to work with six-updater.
                      hm, yeah... my bad...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                        And this one?
                        http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8701

IT WAS MADE TO WORK WITH ACE.
                        Just tried this map out. Its pretty cool, still prefer Razani but this is nice. Wish it had some villages but it could still be used for some good Insurgency style infantry only TvT.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                          Mikee you are a "New" junkie. It seems that anything new that comes along for this game, you want it and want it now.
                          I just informed you guys about new map. It doesn't mean that I want it. I just would like to see our Modpack back with some extra desert maps.

Comment

I could TRY and make a test desert map if anyone here would be willing to help/test it. After that if enough people want to help maybe we could start a TG Island Team?

Comment

Originally posted by h3killa View Post
                              I could TRY and make a test desert map if anyone here would be willing to help/test it. After that if enough people want to help maybe we could start a TG Island Team?
                              Sure:).

I'm making a desert map, however I have no idea how to write config for it. So, big part of map is done, but I can't test play it.

Thread with screens here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...sland-wip.html.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X