ArmA Best Sniper Competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA Best Sniper Competition

This Sunday Dec. 19 2009, we will be hosting the first annual "ArmA Best Sniper Competition". The competition will start at 1500 EST 2000 GMT. This is the official sign up/ rules post. Please make sure that you read and understand all of the rules for this competition BEFORE you post. For In House Squads that have a team representing them, I need the leadership of that particular IHS to sign his Sniper/Spotter team up. Everyone else can sign up on thier own as per the rules that follow:

Sniper Competition Rules

All entrants must sign up as Sniper and Spotter teams. No individual sign-will be allowed.
    IHS can have their sniper teams represent them for the event. However, only one team per IHS will be allowed. If other members of the IHS want to participate they will be doing it on thier own. So IHS leaders be sure to pick your teams wisely.
    The competition will feature the following:

1. Long Distance Shooting- Teams will engage at a minimun of 100 meters all the way up to and including 1500 meter.
    Teams will engage targets until they miss one. All targets are 1 point apiece, missed targets will not count against the cumulative score.

2. Target Identification/Map Marking- Teams will be required to correctly identify a specific target in a group and provide an accurate description of the target. They will then have to mark on the map where the target is. 1 point will be awarded for identification and 1 point for map marking. The map marking portion has an error limit or + or - 100 yards

3. Team Stalking- Teams will have to use the terrain to their advantage and maneuver into a sniper perch and put a minimum of 2 shots on target without the Judges spotting them. Due to players being able to edit grass settings all sniper perches and ingress routes will be through wooded areas and the Judges will be stationed near the target.

4. Sniper Team Shoot Off- Teams will be presented with an unknown number of targets at different ranges that they must engage. This will be a timed event. Sniper teams will have an unkown time to engage as many targets as they can.

IMPORTANT
    Only TEAMS can register for the event. Single Snipers or Single Spotters will not be allowed to participate. This is a Team Event. However, we will accept stand-bys incase a teammate does not show. Stanby shooters will only be allowed to participate if they are needed.

Snipers may use whatever rifle they feel most comfortable with. When you apply for a slot please make mention of the rifle you will be using so it can be added to your inventory

All ammo will be controlled by the Judges.

Arguing with the judges will result in your sniper team being disqualified from the event. If you have an issue with a judges desicion you can bring it up with the Competition Command Staff.

Spotters will all be equiped with ghillie suits, M4's with ACOGS, and binos.
    Cheating will result in your team being disqualified and kicked from the server. We have Zero Tolerance on cheaters.

Best Sniper award will be presented through the TG ribbons to both Sniper and Spotter.

Mods for sight adjustments ARE allowed. (i/e GMJ Sights). Range cards are also allowed.

Sniper teams will be placed in individual TS channels to prevent other teams from listening in to their transmistions.

For stations that require teams to mark on maps there will be different targets. The Judges will identify ONE of those targets for that particular sniper team. This way if anyone is looking at the map they will not know what that marker is in reference to.

All marks on the map are to be left blank.

No Rangefinder equipment. You will have to find your ranges the old school way. (terrain reference)

All Sniper/Spotter teams will be issued a Kestrel 4500.

SNIPER/SPOTTER TEAMS

Team: Hotel 3 Sniper Team
    Spotter:Hank Rearden
    Sniper:h3killa
    Rifle:McMillan TAC-50

Spotter: AdeptAbyss
    Sniper: Exadus
    Rifle: McMillan TAC-50

Spotter: ThePieSpy
    Sniper: Geronimo989
    Rifle: Barret M107

Spotter:Hashassin
    Sniper:Sherman
    Rifle:MacMillan TAC 50
    Last edited by browna3; 12-16-2009, 03:29 PM.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: ArmA Best Sniper Competition

Lets just say you should read this.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/G...hip_using_ACE2

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

If you have any questions you can PM me. I would like to just have team sign ups in this thread please. Im slow and I might sign up people that post in here even if they dont want to participate.:row__588:

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Will we have the access to the K4500?

Comment

Registering for the competition.

Be advised that we might change who is the spotter and the sniper later on.

Rifle: Possibly the McMillan TAC-50, but it may change later on.

Comment

I was under the impression that the Kestrel 4500 didn't work in the current version of ACE?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                I was under the impression that the Kestrel 4500 didn't work in the current version of ACE?
                It works, I tested it myself to be sure before I added it in the post.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Really? It was working for me. Add this to the player (player addWeapon "ACE_Kestrel4500") in the init. Don't use ().

Comment

*good ole bump-a-roosky*

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

dredge you have piespy and geronimo down twice :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

......lol...still workin that "cut&paste" thing....my bad...

Rifle: McMillan TAC-50

Spotter:Hashassin
                        Sniper:Sherman
                        Rifle:MacMillan TAC 50
                        Last edited by Dredge; 12-16-2009, 03:27 PM. Reason: Team Update

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Ok...so I'm still confused how the long range competition part works. We keep shooting until we miss a target? Or if we miss that target we must go to the next target? Do we have a limited number of magazines? If anyone can hit past 1,000 meters on the first shot, I'd be impressed. I know I won't win because I know there's gonna be someone who's gonna spend hours every day practicing like a madman using all the math calculations and stuff. For me this is more of a training exercise to see how well I can do as I've never used any of these fancy wind sensors in ArmA nor have I ever used a laser rangefinder because in most TG missions snipers don't have any and the ammo boxes don't have them. Because of this I generally don't engage anything past 800 meters in TG missions (assuming I'm lucky enough to get a sniper spot).
                          So if I can get a spotter, I'll be joining. Just waiting on getting a spotter from the 353rd.

Oh one other thing. It would help ALOT if we had the actual mission to train on or at least an edited version with just the long range portion of the shooting range so that we can practice on a standardized range.
                          "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

I have the long range portion done but i can get you guys a censored one to help you guys practice just let me know who needs it.

The long range portion consists of 8 targets that pop up one at a time, at random. You will have 10 seconds after it pops up to locate, adjust, and fire at the target before it goes back down. Maximum number of points available at this station is 8, snipers are allowed 10 shots at this station, so make sure you use them wisely.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Wow~ So no Kentucky windage on that one. Yeah I'll definitely need a censored version to practice on that cuz I have no idea how to make the targets stay up for a designated period of time, or pop up randomly. I think my distances are a bit off as well on the little training mission I scrapped together. So yeah it would definitely help and is just something good to have in the folder to use when I feel like doing some target practice with various weapons.
                              Also one other thing...correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, don't the farther range targets stay up longer then the shorter range targets on most ranges? It's been so long since I've shot on a military pop-up range that I can't remember.

Thanks.
                              "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X