Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the new ACE2 updates change the sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the new ACE2 updates change the sound?

Guys I was wondering, but did the new ACE2 updates yesterday change the sounds? Now it seems like the sounds within 200 meters are coming from all directions. Direction of gunfire and explosions is now extremely difficult. Anyone know why this is? It's insanely frustrating when I hear all kinds of gunshots near me and can't tell where its coming from.

:(
    Not a happy camper.
    "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Re: Did the new ACE2 updates change the sound?

I know ace2 has custom sounds but as far as I'm aware there were no updates to the sounds in the last patch

Comment

I'm still running the previous version from TG (I think it was 185) and I find myself spinning around all the time trying to figure out where the fire is coming from. It is really frustrating. I'll try to dig up something from the ever so clean and easy to find 300 page topic of ACE2 in the BI forums. sigh

Comment

I did notice that shots fired from a certain distance feel like it, but I'm still capable of guessing where they come from.

I did read in the Bug Tracker that some guns have this problem, however: something about the sound not being "spatially modelled properly" or something similar, so it could be that.
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Found two open tickets: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7008 and http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6855 . What we decribe must be the latter one.

Comment

When a sound goes off in the distance it's direction is accurate, when you swivel your head, it doesn't change orientation to match where it was (to look and see where the sound came from), but stay's stuck relative to your original head position. So if you hear something behind you, and turn around to look, the sound echo still is behind you, now in the opposite direction.

Hella annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
              When a sound goes off in the distance it's direction is accurate, when you swivel your head, it doesn't change orientation to match where it was (to look and see where the sound came from), but stay's stuck relative to your original head position. So if you hear something behind you, and turn around to look, the sound echo still is behind you, now in the opposite direction.

Hella annoying.
              I thought that was just my headphone settings in windows being screwed up! hahahah fail.

Yeah its very annoying when u turn to see where the shot/explosion is/was and end up rotating 900 degrees. I think ill download a head scratch script :p
              Nihility

Comment

That problem regarding moving your head while the sound is echo'ing away has actually been in ArmA2 since its beginning. What I'm talking about is when at within 100 meters (sometimes even out to 200 meters) the gun shots that from the side of you sound as if they are to the front of you. That is INSANELY frustrating and is something very new that I never noticed before.
                "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Miles Teg View Post
                  That problem regarding moving your head while the sound is echo'ing away has actually been in ArmA2 since its beginning. What I'm talking about is when at within 100 meters (sometimes even out to 200 meters) the gun shots that from the side of you sound as if they are to the front of you. That is INSANELY frustrating and is something very new that I never noticed before.
                  I noticed this also in vanilla arma2, if there is something that the ace team can do it would be great.
                  sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

hmmm, maybe that explains why yesterday I was getting reports from a bearing that was very off from where I was hearing the shots come from. Yeah, confusing.

But I do like the new ACE weapon sounds tho.

Comment

I joined the Bravo server, they told me there was an update. Fair enough, used the updater, updated. Tried to join the server again, and it tells me that "this game is dependable on downloadble content..." yada yada.

Grr...

Also, this random blurry texture bug is REALLY getting on my nerves.

Comment

clear your yoma cache, recheck updates, delete the excess red files, then rebuild the cache.

Comment

Yoma? I don't recall having yoma.

Edit: My bad, have to update some of the TG stuffs.

Comment

tg is only using ACE mod atm.

please check your version against that of the TG sync so that you can run the same version as the one on both servers

Comment

I updated via the sixupdater, not Yoma. When I went through yoma, some files were missing. My bad.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X