How to fix ACE Sound Mod Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix ACE Sound Mod Problems

For those of you who are having the "I can't hear my own weapon" problem for ACE, here is what you need to do.

1) Update to ACE 1.88 via Yoma or 6-updater
    2) When you DL the new files in Yoma, it adds a folder @ACEX_SM.
    3) Add that @ACEX_SM folder to your modest, or just add it to your mod parameters just like any other Mod.
    4) You can download the folder separately but just make sure you add the mod folder to your shortcut.

If this is wrong for anybody let me know. This is what I did, and it worked, but I used Yoma. Really EASY.

-BackDoor

Re: How to fix ACE Sound Mod Problems

I have that folder that you speak of but there are sound files in my Acex folder that look exactly the same except they are acex_c_sound and the ones in the Acex_SM folder are acex_sm_c_sound. Are we supposed to have two sets of sound files? You have to remember I am old and confuse easily. One of you Ace aces jump in here cuz my shi* is getting stringy with this stuff.

Comment

the reason for that is that six updater automatically deletes any files that are no longer needed. in this case the audio files.

yoma doesnt and it requires you to delete them by pressing the delete extra files button.

However i would delete the old files and add the ones from the the ace_sm folder just to be sure

Comment

I downloaded on YOMA and put @ACEX_SM in my target but still have no functional weapon sounds. Any suggestions?

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
        -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Uhm, yesterday, when I updated through Yoma I didn't have to modify anything: as long as all the players had a properly updated ACE, the sounds worked correctly.
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

worked for me, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
              I have that folder that you speak of but there are sound files in my Acex folder that look exactly the same except they are acex_c_sound and the ones in the Acex_SM folder are acex_sm_c_sound. Are we supposed to have two sets of sound files?
              Chief is exactly right. The TG modpack left some sound files behind in the @ACEX folder. They can be ignored, they're just artifacts. The "acex_c_sound*" files that are left in the TG Yoma @ACEX folder are just cruft.

In the new structure, all the sound PBO files use the naming convention "acex_sm_xxxxxxx.pbo"

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
              the reason for that is that six updater automatically deletes any files that are no longer needed. in this case the audio files.

yoma doesnt and it requires you to delete them by pressing the delete extra files button.

However i would delete the old files and add the ones from the the ace_sm folder just to be sure

I tried the "delete extra files" button, but it didn't delete these files. They are not deleted because they are legitimately still part of the Yoma sync. For example:

This file is still in the TG Yoma at the following folder location, and is not in the SIX updater version at that location:

Code:
              @ACEX\addons\acex_c_sound_veh_helicopters.pbo
              ...in the official SIX updater version, this file changed its name and location to:

Code:
              @ACEX_SM\addons\acex_sm_c_sound_veh_helicopters.pbo
              ...however, the TG Yoma sync has that file in the correct place and with the correct name too, so no real harm is being done. Like I said, the Yoma sync is just leaving harmless artifact files behind.

However Browna, for the next file push you may want to clean up the @ACEX folder and make sure it is identical to the SIX version.

Comment

It seems like the units aren't talking anymore. The voice acting is gone. Was this taken out purposely or was this not intended?

Comment

i have that folder installed and i still have no sounds. I'm getting really annoyed that i can no longer play ARMA due to some stupid bug that destroys my audio so if anyone can give a good step by step walkthrough on how to fix this i have no idea what to do. I got the acex_sm folder and still no sound.

Comment

Make sure the @acex_sm is added to your shortcut line. That was messing me up.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

i launch from yoma with all the mods enabled and it still won't work

Comment

new patch claims to fix this problem, still not working for me

Comment

Well for one make sure the "extra files" mentioned above are gone. They can mess up your sounds real good if they take precedence over the new files in the loading order.

Comment

i got rid of the extra files

Comment

OK I FOUND A WAY TO GET MY SOUND TO WORK. for people still having problems heres what i did
                              1. download newest ACE.
                              2. delete extra files in yoma (a button you can click)
                              3. make sure you don't launch from yoma but instead create a shortcut with the appropriate target line.
                              4. Go into the main ACE folder (not acex) and find two files there that should be named like ace_sound_running or something of the sort(only files with sound in them, use search function). copy and paste these into the ACE_smx folder and then delete from the main ACE folder.
                              5. go into properties in your arma shortcut and switch compatibility to vista service pack 2

This worked for me, no guarantees the same will apply for you but its worth a try if you still have problems.
                              p.s. sorry for any sloppy english i'm in a rush to write this

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X