This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to Donegal

Last Wednesday night, about a day or two after Operation Poppy was changed, I joined the server at the beginning of the mission, expecting it to be the same mission with assets in the same locations. I had a plan to be a civilian and go hide out for about 20 minutes until I could ambush some Opfor or Blufor. So, I went to the Lumber Mill to grab a gun. No weapons cache! Huh? I thought, hmm, maybe they have a random spawn location. I run up the street where I see some activity. Two other civies are at the same place, and I see a weapons cache. I run up to it, looking forward to sneaking around the city and watching the round play out.

Suddenly, a guy starts ordering me and the other civies around, saying that if we get guns out of the crate, he'll shoot us! Thinking he was a civilian as well since he was at the civilians' weapons crate immediately, I thought he had some nerve trying to claim total control of the weapons, and, as this was directly in the way of my little plan, I was pissed. Being that we were all talking on Direct Channel, I never saw his name, and I never knew the Opfor terrorists wear urban camo.

So, when he said he was going to gun down anyone who got a weapon without his permission, I, pissed off, and thinking he was on our team and being a problem, let him know - the wrong way - exactly what I thought about the situation. I asked him who he was a few times, angrily, thinking he couldn't possibly be a regular - must be a troll who knows the mission and wants to force other players to do what he wants, or have no weapons. I snapped over it because I thought it was absolute B.S.

After a pause, during which Donegal was probably wondering who the angry troll was pissed off at him for playing the mission as it was suddenly re-designed to be played, he said, okay, some of you are getting a little angry, so let me explain the mission. He was totally cool-headed about it. Then, he said his name is Donegal. Facepalm! Sometime around then is when I found out he was actually Opfor with a different uniform and not some kind of militia civilian. At this point I realized I had no idea what was going on because the mission had been changed somehow. The next day is when I read about the rather cool idea of Opfor and Blufor having assets to use as bargaining chips to persuade the civilians. Awesome idea. But, I was too pissed and didn't want to be a further problem for Donegal, who actually knew what was going on, so I left while he was explaining the mission to the others.

Donegal: My apologies for being a raging, clueless pain in the ass and cussing you out. Was uncalled for. I've played some good games with you, and that night you were just playing the mission how it was intended. It was all my mistake, and I figured I should own up.

I love playing here at TG, never seen teamwork in a game taken to such a great level, and, needless to say, if I even begin to reach such levels of anger again during a game I'll excuse myself quickly.

TL;DR: Cro want gun. Man not let Cro have gun! Cro get mad. Cro cuss at man. Cro thinks man is troll. Man plays it cool, tries explain mission to Cro. Cro not listen, wants know, who is man? Man say, I'm Donegal. No way! Cro facepalm. Cro leave server, stop being problem. Cro sorry. :( Cro not be problem again.

- writed by Cro

Re: Apologies to Donegal

Cro writed good. Shoud be profeshuhnal writerer for big writer bizness.

Longtiem

Comment

Hey, at least you made a heartfelt apology.
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

No worries Cro! I should have picked up what was going on earlier. I thought you were role-playing an angry civilian the whole time and then when you left I was like, doh! I just pissed him off, but you were already gone. ;-)
        The Don Abides...

Comment

Originally posted by Donegal View Post
          No worries Cro! I should have picked up what was going on earlier. I thought you were role-playing an angry civilian the whole time and then when you left I was like, doh! I just pissed him off, but you were already gone. ;-)
          LOL. Oh the joys of roleplaying confusion. Gotta love the game-reality barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegal View Post
            Hah, I'm not that good an actor! And besides that, I'm too damn gruesome.

You were cool-headed about it. I treasure any time I can just wander around without being given any orders, and see what I can make happen, so I was thinking, damn, I hope I don't get shot before I find a good hiding spot! Then I thought you were another civilian with strong-armed leadership in mind, and flipped my wig. I love the FAL and SKS that much. Wish they would add an M1 Garand and an M-14 with ironsights. Anyway, I left that quick because I knew you were all right, and I wasn't going to cause you any more problems. I put myself into time-out! Which is hilarious. I wasn't really in a bad mood or anything, but I decided I should just stop playing for a while if I got that worked up, even if it was just a misunderstanding. When I finally read about the changes to Operation Poppy, I thought the weapons being used by Opfor and Blufor as bargaining assets was an excellent idea. I bet that event you guys had was a lot of fun. Going to hop in the server now. Hope the holidays were good.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X