Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE 2 version 189

Ahoy,

I was just trying to join Bravo server, but got the message that the server is using ACE version 189 (when yesterday, it was 188 and there was no Monday between yesterday and today). But okay, I fired up Yoma's Addon Sync but it seems I am in sync with the server. Any hints on what to do? Should I change to rsync updates (which indeed would give me the current 189 version)? Was there a change which was not mentioned here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...tructions.html

Thanks,
    Bert

Re: ACE 2 version 189

Bert don't do that, you were faster then me, but I got the same message just after your disconnect. I'm in 1.188 too and all was okay until shortly before your connection (not saying it's your fault :p), after that, I started getting that message also.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

LOL, Jorge! Come to TS, so we can whine together about this. ;-)

Actually, I am happy about 189, because it gives the new ACE 2 recog system which I am eager to see. But I would have been more happy if it had been properly set to place with Yoma being able to sync it.

Comment

As of now it's not on TG Yoma, but probably won't take long.

Comment

I know I did not update the server and neither did any of the admins AFAIK. However, We will be updating the server and Yoma on monday though.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

It seems that all is fine now, maybe it was some bug, or to many people with different versions. I don't know.
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I'd recommend updating the server as soon as possible to support ACE2 v0.0189 due to the removal of "spacebar scanning" and ranging, both of which have been considered exploits due to the way we play on ArmA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                I'd recommend updating the server as soon as possible to support ACE2 v0.0189 due to the removal of "spacebar scanning" and ranging, both of which have been considered exploits due to the way we play on ArmA.
                Read what the 5th post says....... We are updating Monday to v0190 when it is released......
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                  I know I did not update the server and neither did any of the admins AFAIK. However, We will be updating the server and Yoma on monday though.
                  Sorry to sound like backseat admining, but you guys NEED to do a rebuild on yoma for the ace data in which you are releasing to the player base, comparing TG Yoma with the Yoma I help maintain, it has alot of changed data and unused data still remaining, which might be causing problems or issues later down the track for players or the server itself.

If you need a yoma addon sync server to verify a 1 to 1 copy of ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM & CBA, plug in arma2(dot)armagoons(dot)com/updater/ace/ace.zip (Currently 189 is packaged from the Six-Updater Mirror we host for the ACE developers on the same box as our yoma and game server) into the URL Autoconfig in yoma.
                  Last edited by freakazoid; 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakazoid View Post
                    Sorry to sound like backseat admining, but you guys NEED to do a rebuild on yoma for the ace data in which you are releasing to the player base, comparing TG Yoma with the Yoma I help maintain, it has alot of changed data and unused data still remaining, which might be causing problems or issues later down the track for players or the server itself.

If you need a yoma addon sync server to verify a 1 to 1 copy of ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM & CBA, plug in arma2(dot)armagoons(dot)com/updater/ace/ace.zip (Currently 189 is packaged from the Six-Updater Mirror we host for the ACE developers on the same box as our yoma and game server) into the URL Autoconfig in yoma.
                    As above, also have old versions for rollbacks.
                    arma2(dot)armagoons(dot)com/updater/ace/ace.zip (current matching tg)
                    arma2(dot)armagoons(dot)com/updater/ace/188/188.zip
                    arma2(dot)armagoons(dot)com/updater/ace/189/189.zip
                    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Agree with freakazoid, I've been thinking and saying as much for a bit now.
                      "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                      So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                      tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                      tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                      tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                      tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Man with all this mod crap going on i cant even join in ? i added "addon Sync" and still cant get it to work ! asked on TS yet nobody will help . No wonder some guys wont play it ! what happened to keeping it simple ?

Comment

So what version are we on now? I see no announcements that its been updated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                            Read what the 5th post says....... We are updating Monday to v0190 when it is released......
                            It was just released, very eager to see it on the server. :)

Comment

190 is released now.

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/260

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse