This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the investment

yes, yes i made the investment known as TrackIR5..... will be arriving in three days!! i hope to have more battlefield awareness now, but you all will kill me easily enough i cant wait!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Made the investment

Ohhhh! Enjoy, Jack! It's a gamer's wet dream when in vehicles <3

Comment

You know you're hooked when you starting moving your head around in other games and wondering why your FOV isn't changing.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Good investment, I simply cannot play without mine.

Comment

Your gonna love it! I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I use it for everything...flying is great with it...infantry takes some getting used to (u will need to ajust the movement ranges...lessen movement needed for full lean and increase the magnitude of sensitivity for yaw so you can look behind you easily). I left the zoom on in infantry...I've come to love it. Have fun!

Comment

trust me jack, after just a few games with it you will ask yourself how you ever played with out it!!! It was by far the best investment i made.

Just remember.....

CS-S does not support TrackIR lol

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Jack:

I have the 4th one. I used in in Battle of Britain II. Loved it. I should receive ARMA II by Tuesday. Could not find it locally here in South Florida. I am looking forward to playing ARMA II and hope to reach a level of experience to enable me to join u all here.

I am currently playing ... less and less... OF:DR. Seems everyone is walking from that game or at least holding back until they see the second patch. I still hope AA3 will improve again....but from what i have been reading ARMA II is the one to play if u do not like the run and gun COD, etc type games.....

I am working on an appellate brief next week so I might be still be able to get some time in on ARMA.

I am currently in a clan which I enjoy playing online with the men in it.. ages range from 18 to 60 but because of the frustration with OF:DR and AA3 most are killing time with COD:MW2... hackers and all:<) I will remain in that clan. I hope this commitment would still allow me to play online with this group.

CyStriker

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                yes, yes i made the investment known as TrackIR5..... will be arriving in three days!! i hope to have more battlefield awareness now, but you all will kill me easily enough i cant wait!!!!
                :( I bought mine on the 14th... still waiting for it to get here. Customs held it for 5 days..

|TG-TFP|Kezei
                Ductus Exemplo

Comment

Originally posted by CyStriker View Post
                  Jack:

I have the 4th one. I used in in Battle of Britain II. Loved it. I should receive ARMA II by Tuesday. Could not find it locally here in South Florida. I am looking forward to playing ARMA II and hope to reach a level of experience to enable me to join u all here.

I am currently playing ... less and less... OF:DR. Seems everyone is walking from that game or at least holding back until they see the second patch. I still hope AA3 will improve again....but from what i have been reading ARMA II is the one to play if u do not like the run and gun COD, etc type games.....

I am working on an appellate brief next week so I might be still be able to get some time in on ARMA.

I am currently in a clan which I enjoy playing online with the men in it.. ages range from 18 to 60 but because of the frustration with OF:DR and AA3 most are killing time with COD:MW2... hackers and all:<) I will remain in that clan. I hope this commitment would still allow me to play online with this group.

CyStriker
                  sorrry i had not gotten to this forum earlyer... RL and the holiday sucks... but right on i saw that you were from SW Florida.... I'm Hailing from Cape Coral...unfortunatly, but i live right acos one of the bridgesinto the cape so i still consider myself from the fort!!!! :)

i think that you will love this game, i must warn you though it does take a second to learn, but hang in there with it, just give someone a holler if you need some help when you get on.... or find me in TS and ill show you were to get started :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Jack: great name:<)

I am looking forward to this game. I have been reading forums regarding the improvements over the original release og ARMA II. I elected instead to go with OF:DR but without dedicated servers and the lag problem.. I am convinced that game may die. Disappointed to say the least... we had a great time playing co-op as a team!

I just set up my Trackir4 and will complete later. I just read most of the manual on game play by TG and it is thorough! I hope to start playing the single early next week.

The men over at XE are .. like a lot of gamers are in search of the perfect fps game which lends itself to team play. We hoped OF:DR would be it. Cav and a few active military mems said it was the most like actual combat they experienced on a pc (after installing the hardcore mods.. this is not suggesting it is like real combat but the sights and sounds, etc ring home). We bought into COD:MW2 and the hackers , run and gun kids... ruined that. Some are suggesting Bad Company 2 looks promising. I doubt it. The new Ghost Recon by UBI might be the golden fleece.... but without cheat protection (never heard of EaglEye) like punkbuster and team play... I fear it would degenerate into hacking run and gun.

In conclusion.... I am looking forward to getting into the game. If I like it I will encourage other XE members to look at it...

I am loyal to my fellow XE members... but this does not stop me from playing with other clans and independents in this game:<)

Roland

Comment

Nice, dont use my TIR4 that much in ArmA outside of flying or occasionally when in big formations and stuff, but trying to play without it in IL2 ill find myself turning my head like a moron.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

Is the Trackir 5 much better than the Trackir 4.. or just marginally? I set up the Trackir4 this afternoon... works fine... but the pro attachment center post is loose... hard to keep it in place... So I ordered another this evening ... be here Wednesday.....

I even reinstalled BOBII... now I have to reinstall TM HOTAS, TM software and Foxy software for BOBII... I found my upgrade parts for the TM stick... been in the box for over a year!

CyStriker

Comment

TrackIR 5 is just Track IR 4 with a software upgrade that you can get online for free. So there is no difference when it comes to things that matter. Track IR 5 has a film that is a little more dust resistance. Just keep your TrackIR 4 clean and in a good air open area and you should be fine.

Comment

Got TrackIR5 for Christmas, am very much on the fence about how useful it is at this point. Most of my problems with it are orientation issues -- it's very difficult to get the hang of your (character's) head bouncing so much, and in vehicles especially I find I'm very poor at coordinating both my "looking" head movements with my "driving" hand movements. E.G., I can't look right and drive left at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                              Got TrackIR5 for Christmas, am very much on the fence about how useful it is at this point. Most of my problems with it are orientation issues -- it's very difficult to get the hang of your (character's) head bouncing so much, and in vehicles especially I find I'm very poor at coordinating both my "looking" head movements with my "driving" hand movements. E.G., I can't look right and drive left at the same time.
                              Another reason why white people shouldn't play sports.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X