Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE install question

So I followed the guide and when I got to step

2F. Of the three tabs mentioned in the prior step, click on the "Launch game" one now. In the bottom-left corner, you will see two buttons. Click on the one that says "Add modset".

A window titled, "Modset configuration : (Tactical Gamer)" should have popped up. On the left, check-mark the box next to "@tgmodpack", and then enter "Modset name" in the middle-top box with something like "TG Mod Pack". Click "Save" in the bottom-right, and you should be back to the "Launch game" tab.

Lastly, in the left window you should see the words "TG Mod Pack", or whatever you selected as your Modset name. Click on those words and they should become highlighted, and a "@tgmodpack;" should have appeared in the box under that one, titled "Mods to use for launch".

However, Instead of seeing "@TGmodpack" I see five files, some of which start with ACE and one that says tgmaps. I do not see the "@TGmodpack"

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help is appreaciated.

Happy holidays and Semper TG

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: ACE install question

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
    However, Instead of seeing "@TGmodpack" I see five files, some of which start with ACE and one that says tgmaps. I do not see the "@TGmodpack"

Am I doing something wrong?
    Same here, even if seems it's all working, just checking all the five...

Plus as i downloaded all the ace files i got a couple of red files on maps, reasone given "ERROR 404 FILE DOESN'T EXIST" one is Chernarus map the other i dont remember atm (i am at work)

Ty in advance

Comment

As far as i know there is no more usage of the tgmodpack. Under my activated mods tab i have: @ace @acex @cba @acex_sm @tgmaps. They are all that is currently required to play on TG servers.
      Have you tried connecting yet?
      Nihility

Comment

That part of the tutorial is from the old TGmodpack, currently you won't see that mod folder because it doesn't exist.

Let's try to work this over, make sure that your arma2 directory is correct (in the download addons windows check the path below the delete extra files button) and do the steps in this guide until 2F: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...tructions.html

After you have you done those steps, click on check for addons and make sure that everything is green on the right window. If everything is green, go to your arma2 installation folder and make sure you have this folders with files inside them: @CBA/addons, @ACE/addons, @ACEX/addons; ACEX_SM/addons; @TGMaps/addons.

If you those folders are in your c:\(something)\ArmA 2, then everything is downloaded. Now you only have to launch the game with the addons and to do that you have 2 choices:

1st - Using yoma addonsync:Follow the same steps that in the guide but change this
        2F. Of the three tabs mentioned in the prior step, click on the "Launch game" one now. In the bottom-left corner, you will see two buttons. Click on the one that says "Add modset".

A window titled, "Modset configuration : On the left, check-mark the box next to "@CBA", "@ACE", "@ACEX", "@ACEX_SM" and "@TGMaps", then enter "Modset name" in the middle-top box with something like "TG Mod Pack". Click "Save" in the bottom-right, and you should be back to the "Launch game" tab.

Lastly, in the left window you should see the words "TG Mod Pack", or whatever you selected as your Modset name. Click on those words and they should become highlighted. The mods you selected before should now appeared in the box under that one, titled "Mods to use for launch".

After finishing the rest of the steps, launch the game by clicking on the "launch arma" button in the bottom-right.

2G. Information about copying the userconfig folder (actually, it should be two folders deep: userconfig\ACE\*.hpp) can be found by clicking here.
        Press the "Launch arma" button, in the bottom right corner and you are good to have some fun.

2nd - Using the old short cut method:

Make a shortcgut of your arma2.exe in you desktop (or where you want it) and right click in it. In the path box you should see something like this: "E:\ArmA 2\arma2.exe".

Now add the following commands to the end of that path: [email protected];@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@TGMaps

The path line should now look something like this:
        "E:\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" [email protected];@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@TGMaps

Press the ok button and double click in the shortcut to launch the game.

I hope this solves your problems. See you guys in the servers.
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...