Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE2 userconfig

Hi,

it seems to me that TG controls the Arma2/userconfig/ace files with the Yoma Addon Tool. As far as I understand it, this is wrong, because every local change I do to these files will be overwritten by any update I do with Yoma (unless I specifically remove the checkmark from those files every time I update).

As a side note, it seems the files in Arma2/userconfig/ace are not even the most recent ones as they still have for example the old "class Identity" variables. The "originals" are in Arma2/@ACE/userconfig and should *not* be edited by the user.

Am I right with this? If so, I think the Arma2/userconfig/ace should be removed from the Yoma Addon part.

Re: ACE2 userconfig

I don't know if this is related but I noticed in the latest update I cant turn on soldier voices or enable the ability to use glasses and masks.

Comment

im not having any of those issues with glasses and masks. I just went back into the config files and fixed them like I have done with every update.
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Yes I can confirm that my soldiers' voices are messed up with ACE.

I went into the userconfig file to apply the "//" fix, but that did not seem to work either.

Comment

You need to edit the correct files, the ones directly in Arma2/userconfig/ace (no other ACE files should be in Arma2/userconfig). Do not edit the files in @ACE!

My problem however was not that something was not working but that TG has these *user* files in their update file list. So when a *user* changes his keybindings etc. and makes an update with Yoma, his changes will be overwritten with old files from TG (unless he pays attention and removes the checkmarks from those files in the Yoma tool file list).

Comment

It looks like the latest TG Yoma sync is different than the previous sync. It has the "userconfig\ace\*.hpp" files already in place and will overwrite the player's custom changes.

I keep a backup of all the HPP files in that folder.

To fix the soldiers' voices, remove the following line from arma2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp:

Code:
            #define ACE_NOVOICE

Comment

I was talking with Socom about this the other day - yes it does overwrite the files in "Arma2/userconfig/ACE", so you will need to uncheck (or whatever) these when updating.

I think he said he'd change it next time the server was updated.

On the other hand, he did a great job of cleaning up the link - I no longer need two folders for ACE - one for Yoma, one for SixUpdater.
              "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
              So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
              tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
              tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
              tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
              tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
                On the other hand, he did a great job of cleaning up the link - I no longer need two folders for ACE - one for Yoma, one for SixUpdater.
                I still recommend using the "Download To:" Yoma option under the Server tab (and under Addon Server) and create a special TGACE folder. It's very useful if you want to keep a copy of ACE that is updated with SIX and also play on the TG server.

Sure, you have to keep two copies of ACE... but it's zero hassle to update them because they are kept in different folders. If you play on other servers that are bleeding-edge up-to-date, at least you can launch from the SIX folder and not deal with a version mismatch.

NOTE: even if you keep multiple copies of ACE and use a launcher to start up with different versions, they will all use the same userconfig\ACE\*.hpp config files. Just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
                  I was talking with Socom about this the other day - yes it does overwrite the files in "Arma2/userconfig/ACE", so you will need to uncheck (or whatever) these when updating.

I think he said he'd change it next time the server was updated.
                  Thanks for that, that's just what I wanted to have confirmed. Very good job otherwise, since I play only MP and only at TG, I do not really bother with keeping stuff separated, so the current way works great for me without any hassle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X