Operation Swift Resolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Operation Swift Resolution

Everyone post your AAR reports for Operation Swift Resolution here.
    - - -

Re: Operation Swift Resolution

First off, let me say thank you for everyone's patience in the beginning of the mission to get everything sorted out.

Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences.

Comment

More to come

http://<br /> https://www.youtube.co...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

The mission was awesome! The teamwork was perfect, and hearing the Little Bird flying over your head and shooting the hell out of the enemies... Legen... wait for it... dary!
        One of the best missions i've ever played!
        Many thanks to the missions-creator for making this mission, it was really really cool!
        Also thanks for all the Players for this nice game!

Greetings
        Andy

Comment

Here we go...

-Initial combat in the city was intense and like Andy said, having the littlebird flying over head was ridiculously awesome. Especially with blast core mod running.

-Despite being a video game, it actually felt like what I imagine CQC would be like.

-I got to shotgun a few people in the face so thats an automatic win right off the bat.

Dislikes:

-After the initial firefight things got preeettty slow. We made good progress into the heart of the city but were quickly bogged down and took lots of casualties at 2 and 3's position. A couple of hacker bots shooting through trees messed up a few guys and it took forever and a day to get the medics to us (probably because they broke the humvee).

-This really isnt so much a complaint as much as it is disappointment. Sector, the way you talked about your missing being a meat grinder, I was expect gratuitous amounts of baddies. I was slightly disappointed that there wasnt that many. I think 3rd squad maybe engaged about two dozen contacts. Not really that bad, just was slightly let down that bots didnt meet the hype.

Other than that, I had a pretty good time.
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
            This really isnt so much a complaint as much as it is disappointment. Sector, the way you talked about your missing being a meat grinder, I was expect gratuitous amounts of baddies. I was slightly disappointed that there wasnt that many. I think 3rd squad maybe engaged about two dozen contacts. Not really that bad, just was slightly let down that bots didnt meet the hype
            There were over 120+ AI throughout the city. Liberty one was literally stuck because we could not move for the better part of an hour. I had 4 UPSMON AI squads that caused absolute hell down in the south. Liberty one was in a charlie foxtrot. Most of the AI were placed in buildings for room clearance.

I will add more next time ;)

Comment

I really liked it but got a little annoyed by the AI shooting through building walls and their XRAY vision.

Some things I would like to see are static defenses like pill boxes in the mountains to make the advance a little slower so that most of the action is not just in the town. Leave the infantry in the buildings but CQB but try to put more of the defense on the outside. It was fun clearing buildings and to make that more of a task then having to worry about the AI just randomly running around and shooting you through walls.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                There were over 120+ AI throughout the city. Liberty one was literally stuck because we could not move for the better part of an hour. I had 4 UPSMON AI squads that caused absolute hell down in the south. Liberty one was in a charlie foxtrot. Most of the AI were placed in buildings for room clearance.

I will add more next time ;)
                Well then there wasnt a whole lot of enemies on the north side of town because like I said, we maybe killed like 2 dozen baddies. Meanwhile we pretty much heard constant gun fire from 1 and 2 on the south side. I was a bit jealous of all the shoostin, not gonna lie.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                  Well then there wasnt a whole lot of enemies on the north side of town because like I said, we maybe killed like 2 dozen baddies. Meanwhile we pretty much heard constant gun fire from 1 and 2 on the south side. I was a bit jealous of all the shoostin, not gonna lie.
                  Liberty 2 (Us) walked into a pretty bad spot. Pepper carried me a hell of a distance when I went down, I watched the whole gunfight unfold, I also watched two teammates not check their corners in the compound and walk directly in front of a bad guy laying on the ground, only for one of them to kill him with a shotgun :p
                  "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                  "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                  "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM9991 View Post
                    Liberty 2 (Us) walked into a pretty bad spot. Pepper carried me a hell of a distance when I went down, I watched the whole gunfight unfold, I also watched two teammates not check their corners in the compound and walk directly in front of a bad guy laying on the ground, only for one of them to kill him with a shotgun :p
                    Was it me? My only kill with that thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                    Former ARMA Admin
                    Former TGU Headmaster
                    Current Noob

Comment

REPORT:
                      About 10 Minutes before roll-call, I was still getting the "battleye corrupt memory #1" error. I know that some other people were dealing with as well. Manually re-placing the Jayarma2lib stuff with the most recent client fixed the issue. So then at 1130 Hrs (gmt -7), I was at roll call ready to go. At 1300 (ish) hrs. we finally got the green light from sector that the server was moving and stable. I was assigned with Barracuda (mash element), as one of the medics under Warfaries command. The three medics from Barracuda were each assigned to the three Liberty Platoon squads. I was attached to Liberty 3. Liberty three was tasked with moving out ASAP. I barely had time to gather my supplies from the mash tent before Liberty three left in a helo to their designated LZ. We cleared out route to the first waypoint, where we were to meet Liberty 2, without any contact. Liberty 3 held the road until liberty 2 came up on our six, in two HMVEE's. As we bounded up towards the city, we started taking random sparatic fire from the West. Several of Liberty two needed morphine to stay battle ready. Medivac was called and we got everyone patched up. I followed behind Liberty 3 as they pushed into the city. At some point while Liberty 3 was clearing compounds, everything got fubar. I wasn't sure where Liberty three was, and I kept on hearing another squad outside the building I was in. Liberty three had taken 2 casualties on a roof shooting across the street. One of them was Viper (L3 Squad leader). Whatever squad Pepper was with (I believe Liberty 2), came up to our position, carrying 2 more casualties. It got really crowded in the house and the triage was disorganized. I believe we took one or two KIA's during that time. After Liberty 3 regrouped, they realized that they were down to 4 men. The were then reassigned by the CO (Thirdsin), to assist the command element. The other three units of Barracuda had, at this point, called it a night, and left the game. Leaving me as the Primary medic for the, now two squads, and command element. I was instructed to stay by the supposedly "immobilized" Medivac HMVEE. I waited around for about 20 minutes, when I started intercepting distress calls from Liberty 1. They were about 200m south of my location, so I came up behind them to assist them with their casualties. After securing a location, I had Lone Wolf, bring up the Medivac to Liberty 1. During the firefight, Lone Wolf and I Supplied first aid and medkits, to 5 wounded. About 30 seconds after patching up the 5th guy, the third cache was destroyed and we had accomplished our mission. I had, in total, fired my weapon roughly 7 times, and had supplied first aid to roughly 14 people. I saw a total of about 10-20 enemy contacts.

PROS:
                      Teamwork oriented
                      URBAN/MOUT
                      Great leadership (thanks Thirdsin!)
                      fun mission (thanks Sector!)

Cons:
                      delayed start
                      Long moments of just standing around: i.e.: I was in the back just standing around until someone else got shot, then they were dragged to me and I did CPR for the next 20 minutes, then stood in the back again. (this, of course is just a personal con as I wish I could of blown away a few baddies myself, but tactically, it was well played.)

CONCLUSION:
                      I'm glad I was able to get my game working so that I could attend this event. It was, when all being said and done, quite enjoyable. Thank you all, I had fun!

~Shoomfie

EDIT: I just realized this was my 100th post!
                      Last edited by Shoomfie; 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM. Reason: clarification of a "con", and noting 100th post!

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shoomfie View Post
                        Cons:
                        they were dragged to me and I did CPR for the next 20 minutes, then stood in the back again.
                        That's not a con, that's a sign of brilliant teamwork and reliability.
                        You may think it was boring, however if those people are ever leading etc, they will always want you on their team, or buddy up with you, because they'd trust you for that.
                        "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                        "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                        "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

That's true. I have to look on the bright side though... After watching Bol's video, I was reminded that "hey, at least I'm not dead." And like I said, I still had a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoomfie View Post
                            That's true. I have to look on the bright side though... After watching Bol's video, I was reminded that "hey, at least I'm not dead." And like I said, I still had a lot of fun.
                            Hey I was only dead for 15mins or so:)
                            Last edited by bolagnaise; 04-02-2012, 02:41 AM.
                            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                            Former ARMA Admin
                            Former TGU Headmaster
                            Current Noob

Comment

I still can't get over the fact that Lonewolf almost pulled right out in front of the enemies M2. I saw the dust of the medivac pulling right into the street. if I hadn't radioed him to turn around and pull in from the back, he woulda been smoked for sure.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...