TVT Just Another Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] TVT Just Another Day

Post up what you guys liked and didnt like!

It was awesome from my perspective.

Re: TVT Just Another Day

So there I was, leading Sector and Pepper and TicTac through the night. The four of us versus the rest of Tactical Gamer. We hit the ZU and Ammo missions and were able to complete them both while coming under fire several times. At one point, we were whispering back and forth to one another in one of the smaller buildings at a deactivated mission point and right as we were finished laughing at something meaningless, opfor rolled right by us in a Humvee, lights on and everything, withing three meters of our position. They stopped within twenty meters of the building we were in and dismounted, they could see us through the door if they had nogs, but we stood frozen still knowing if we so much as spoke, we'd be heard. Our only method of communicating our fear was the occasional keying of our mic; an arrangement we worked out prior to the start, and the ensuing silence was filled with a spine tingling, rigid, and heart-stopping suspense that was shared by the four of us. It. Was. In. Tense.

Anyway, it was deep, more than one point where we were spotted by opfor, lit up with their lights, and hit by their bullets.

Excellent work everyone.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Landed on the North-West of the island, and waited in the grass (under the ferns etc) for night to fall. TicTac managed to get himself ArmA Pinched and broke his legs mysteriously. Night fell and the chopper spooled up and flew over, dropping flares - and those flares are NASTY. BLUFOR's black camo may help disguise us at night in the dark, but under the light of flares it probably makes us really stand out. So we scuttled along in bounds, hiding under plants. At some point I also got attacked by plants and broke my legs, so stuck those back on using duct tape and continued on.

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
      At one point, we were whispering back and forth to one another in one of the smaller buildings at a deactivated mission point and right as we were finished laughing at something meaningless, opfor rolled right by us in a Humvee, lights on and everything, withing three meters of our position. They stopped within twenty meters of the building we were in and dismounted, they could see us through the door if they had nogs, but we stood frozen still knowing if we so much as spoke, we'd be heard.
      I decided it was a good idea to get in a seperate building (not a good idea, actually) in that northern party village thing. While Dimitrius, Sector and TicTac sat in their building after OPFOR had drove past, I think one of them mentioned, "We need to move!" So I legged it out of my building and up to the North-West, assuming that OPFOR would start building clearing (or just shooting through the walls - they're like cardboard!). Also someone had mentioned going back to the previous objective because it'd be the last thing OPFOR expected. As I scuttled along the beach, I heard occasional bursts of gunfire from where I'd come - was pretty sure by that point the rest of BLUFOR had met a horrible end, against the 6 or so OPFOR and their jeeps. Wandered around a bit, found some OPFOR guy stumbling along in the dark and shot him. Got called to come back to the rest of my group that had actually survived (which surprised me no end), and went about medic'ing people.

Continued along the coast, then got ambushed (probably because we silhouetted ourselves against the ocean) by a couple (?) more OPFOR who opened up on us with what I assume was automatic rifles. Or maybe just normal rifles on full auto. Either way, I think they got more than they expected when all four of BLUFOR turned around with our weapons on full auto and sprayed right back at them. Dimitrius got shot in that, so medic'd him. We crept along the coastline a bit more, and heard a couple of people talking in... Russian? Scuttled up and shot them too. Planted satchels and set them on a timer. Continued to the South-East, at which point Dimi mistook me for OPFOR and shot me. Was not amused! Bandaged myself up and glared at him. Then the satchel exploded, and we won.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

I stand by my assertion that you looked menacing.

and sorry :(

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I still think Op-for needs one flare per person to be reasonable. I don't really agree with the CO and SL getting a grenade launcher with some flares. TVT is supposed to be about teamwork and I think that would make it slightly less so.

I did have a pretty good time though, except at the end where I knew I was the last opfor and decided to commit Seppuku with a grenade before blufor could finish me off.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra.actual View Post
            Seppuku with a grenade before blufor could finish me off.
            You disemboweled yourself with a grenade? That takes skill! D:

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

I still think Op-for needs one flare per person to be reasonable. I don't really agree with the CO and SL getting a grenade launcher with some flares. TVT is supposed to be about teamwork and I think that would make it slightly less so.

I did have a pretty good time though, except at the end where I knew I was the last opfor and decided to commit Seppuku with a grenade before blufor could finish me off.
              If I could figure out a way to put ambient light (moon light), thats how that problem would be fixed. But lingor is just pitch black. The chopper gives a HUGE advantage and you guys would have for sure killed us had it not of crashed, no doubt in my mind. CO, XO, and all SLs have 4 flares each. Pilot has NVGs (so he/she wont run into something they dont see).

Also making a few adjustments (mostly for Opfor). As long as your chopper stays in the air, BluFor is going to have a REAL tough time.

Comment

You change the day/month/time and it will give you a full moon :) it takes some fiddling with it but it will be there.
                - - -

Comment

To my friend Zebra: That's true, whomever was in the chopper for our run through put flares out several times and we were LIT, UP. I mean there was nothing we could do but make haste towards the trees or hit the deck.

Sector said, the first time the flares were over us, "Well now we're dead" But for some strange reason, no one saw us, I think it was because the chopper was not sticking around after flare deployment to observe the lit area from an advantageous position.

That happened at least 4 or 5 times. Every time a flare went up it the effect was brutal, we could do nothing but clip off our nogs and do our best not to be seen. I normally dislike TVT because of previous experiences, but if enough people play opfor in this mission, they will start to figure out how to use the tools Sector has given them in a more balanced manner and this can be something fun. Last night the blufor had an exciting experience, I would imagine it is not always that way though.

Mid-game, there was a point of about five minutes or so that our Nogs were a disadvantage to our 4 person squad. This was when the flares were deployed in such a manner that our only swift action was along the coast which is where we were noticed first. I do not know if that was intentional or random on the pilot, but man was it effective. If I remember correctly.

I'm impressed with this mission and it has started to get me thinking differently about TVT.

+1 to Sector.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by WarFairy View Post
                    You change the day/month/time and it will give you a full moon :) it takes some fiddling with it but it will be there.
                    OMG, i never knew that. I FINALLY HAVE MOON. THANK YOU!

Should make it a bit more enjoyable for Opfor now, they can *somewhat* see...

Now if someone can point me to a no respawn/no JIP spectate script, version 3 is ready to rock... or post how to do it in my help thread...

CO, XO, SLs now have 1 emergency flare. Took NVGs away from Pilot, since he can now see...

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                      Continued along the coast, then got ambushed (probably because we silhouetted ourselves against the ocean) by a couple (?) more OPFOR who opened up on us with what I assume was automatic rifles. Or maybe just normal rifles on full auto. Either way, I think they got more than they expected when all four of BLUFOR turned around with our weapons on full auto and sprayed right back at them. Dimitrius got shot in that, so medic'd him.
                      Yea that was me and another guy who I forgot his name(sorry). We crept from the artillery position when we saw tracers at the vehicle depot. When we were within 200m of the depot, i spotted BLUFOR. We waited until you were within 100m when we opened fire with ak's. If it wasnt for the stress of tvt(its crazy) we might have thought to lob grenades at BLUFOR, but... oh well it was still a lot of fun :)

Btw great mission sector!
                      Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
                      St. John 15:13

Comment

If there is a full moon then the light situation should be sorted.

Comment

If there is a full moon then the light situation should be sorted.
                          Half moon with enough light to see major features like hills and trees, but not enough to distinguish shadow shapes unless your really close, hence the need for the chopper flares. But it is no longer pitch black.

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                            OMG, i never knew that. I FINALLY HAVE MOON. THANK YOU!

Pretty cool huh ? :)
                            - - -

Comment

New version uploaded, many tweaks were made and now there is ambient moon light for Opfor to better move. Needs to be replayed =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X