Patrol Ops: Jack Bauer Prerogative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Patrol Ops: Jack Bauer Prerogative

This evening we had an excellent, Excellent run through Patrol Ops. When I started organizing things, we had about seven, twenty minutes later, our numbers had ballooned to about twenty. Players came out of the woodwork and it must have just been perfect timing. Everyone getting on at the same time. So we ended up two squads, two medics, two engineers, a pilot, and XO, and a sniper. Coletrain was Alpha Lead and Biggs was Bravo Lead. We moved out in a six victor convoy and didn't make it a hundred meters before we found our first IED. Alpha was setting them off like it was the 4th, Bravo was a little slow out of the gate because of the influx of JIPS, but eventually we made it south to Rasmus and was able to leave the confines of the rural environment to the maneuvered space of the desert. Our goal was to find a POW and fight to his position and rescue him. We made it to Faruz Abad and dismounted. About that time, Jack Bauer parachuted in unexpectedly. He was a late addition to our group, but my CO informed me of his eventual inclusion, I was told to keep my knowledge of his arrival a secret. Jacks entrance was more than convenient and I added him to Alpha. With our squads now fully outfitted, we moved them north to the ridge overlooking the valley suspected of containing our downed man. After initial observation, I ordered Coletrain to circle back down and approach the objective from the west.

He did so and was able to use the flat terrain and obstacles to make it well into the valley undetected. It was at this time that a very distant mounted 50 opened up on Bravo squad and command, while we were still on the ridge overlooking the AO. Several casualties and injuries, but our trusty medic helped us out quite a bit. Bravo moved down and followed Alpha up the road from the west and did not encounter enemy contact. At this time, Both Alpha and Bravo were in the valley and had the opportunity to advance on the center of the small village. Bravo maneuvered up a slope to provide overwatch and were instantly engaged by a m113 which they directly neutralized with a perfect Smaw round. Alpha advanced on the town and entered a firefight with several enemy soldiers in the middle of the village. There were several exchanges of gunfire after Bravo made it to the buildings on the edge of town. When the enemy threat had been compromised, Alpha moved into the center of town the POW and another man showed themselves. They began to advance toward alpha together. Before they were within talking distance, Jack pulled out his side arm and shot the POW and his companion. It turns out the man we were sent to rescue was turned and had become a double agent working for the terrorist organization. Jack was sent to make sure the intelligence they received was accurate and if so, to eliminate the POW. Jack recognized the POW's companion as a known terrorist and had noticed something in his hand. Upon our squads inspection of the POW, we discovered a live suicide vest and the mans fingers still clutching the detonator.

The mission was a success. Well done to everyone, Lots of action there.

Jack accidentally shot the POW in the end, but I told everyone he had secret knowledge of the POW's turning so it was okay! After the mission, everyone was pumped and very happy with the outcome, we all were excited after such a successful, but challenging mission. Very few deaths if any.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Patrol Ops: Jack Bauer Prerogative

Awesome AAR D.

Must clear some time to join you on Bravo. I've been slammed at work lately but look for me soon.

Be gentle. I've been AWOL from ACE and ACRE for 1/2 a year so I'm a bit rusty.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It will be good to see you man!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Great AAR.... I am awaiting my Court Marshal on Friday!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Good read, very enjoyable mission, great teamwork by all! :-)

Comment

Jack thanks for providing cover for me to take out that armour on the hill.That was crazy but fun.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X