Scorpion Ops: Forclorsure: After Action Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Scorpion Ops: Forclorsure: After Action Report

**Edit: I can't spell, as is obvious from the title of this post.

Thanks for playing my mission.

There was a lot of action, atmosphere, and coordination today. Let us know what it was like for you; the more detailed and thought out the better.

I realize there were many glitches, and for a moment it seemed like we wouldn't go on, but we did and I considered the mission a success.

How did the events unfold from your point of view? The more humorous and involved, the better!
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Scorpion Ops: Forclorsure: After Action Report

Overall it played well. It was a lot of fun and I just kept knowing that I soooooooooooooo wanted to just shoot him the second I laid eyes on Furquan. The fog and rain made Zargabad creepy. Well done.

Comment

I really enjoyed it.

The atmosphere was excellent. With our starting loadouts, I thought we were going to have issues with range, but once the fog fell in, it brought a tense and high anxiety style of play as you tried to use the low visibility to sneak in on the targets so you would be at lethal range.

The one thing that bothered me a bit was the lack of contacts outside of the objective areas, but from what was said, we either missed patrols in the fog or there was an issue. It destroys the "oh crap is something in the fog right in front of me" atmosphere that was built up when you start rushing between objectives.

Again - atmosphere = excellent

-Baker

Comment

There is a random encounter built into the units scripting on a per unit basis. Either something works differently on Bravo, which I doubt, or many, many patrols just co-incidentally all hit their "do not spawn" probability. In my testing, there was usually about two to three times the contacts we had in today's game.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Very fun mission indeed. Coordinated take downs were fun. Casualties were minimal and conduct was professional.

Comment

Awesome mission!

The atmosphere was perfect. The fog limited the visibility to a very short range, and correct formation-spacing and chemlights were important to not loose your group.
            It was also very difficult to decide between Friend/Foe sometimes (as seen on the Blue-on-Blue accident of the roof of the villa xD), especially if you didn't see the chemlights.
            I really liked the sneaking and the coordinated take-outs, it was very awesome!
            The mission has a good storyline, and I like the idea of having a "person of interest" which we should capture alive. This makes it even more important to ID your targets correctly before shooting at them, and in combination with the fog and short viewdistance its just awesome!

Two little things that could be improved:
            - Please remove the bycicles, they are DEADLY -> bad idea :D (we had atleast 2 people downand they were out-of-control when driving down the hill, many of our bycicles broke, so we needed to go by foot anyway.)
            - The parachute-script-bug does only appear when somebody rejoins (paradrop), but this could be very dangerous, especially when the server is not locked

Yeah, thats it.
            It was a very nice mission and alot of fun to play.
            Thank you Dimitrius for making it!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              (as seen on the Blue-on-Blue accident of the roof of the villa xD), especially if you didn't see the chemlights.
              I looked up and I said, rather urgently, "Contact, rooftop!"

The response was a three round burst from "someone's" UMP and a resulting Blue on Blue death. When "contact" is called out, it is not the same as "hostile."

In the players defense, though, I could have been more calm and used less alarm when I called out "Contact."

I did not shoot the friendly.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Sorry for losing my connection yesterday, my parents are up to kill my internetconnection as they wish. First thing I gonna buy, waiting for my 1st payment, will be a second internetconnection for me :( I'm sick of that sh!t...

As far as I played, it was a perfect and very funny mission!
                Well made!

Comment

It was fun, but if the man is so dangerous, shouldn't he at least have a UAZ protecting him?

Also I wont use satchels to destroy ammo boxes. ;)
                  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
                  St. John 15:13

Comment

Remember, we didn't get to the end =) We all got booted by Battle Eye.

No one knows what would have happened yet =)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dimit.
                      At least it was in the spirit of your SF mission. :P

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It's okay Low, we got three solid hours into it with a lot of action and satisfaction. To me, that is the definition of success.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

This was a good event and it ran for just the right amount of time. It would be great to see this event again before the end of the year.

Pros:
                          -Lots of objectives
                          -Great leadership
                          -Good atmosphere (viewdistance/weather)

Cons:
                          -Bicycles of death
                          -Sacthels of mass destruction (not your fault)

EDIT: I do have the blue-on-blue moment on record, I think I will put together a blooper reel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                            When "contact" is called out, it is not the same as "hostile."
                            The way I was taught is that "contact" is when you have spotted an enemy which you are about to engage, is engaging you or is about to. I believe the correct term would be "target".

Sounds like a great time was had. I am bummed the youtube upload took well into the mission.

The phn keyboard is not my friend
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

That was definitely a lot of fun and I am also sorry for the DC, had some storms that knocked out power for about 10 minutes and decided not to boot back up!

But that was amazing leadership and mission making!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X