Scorpion Ops: Consequence: After Action Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion Ops: Consequence: After Action Report

All AARs go here. The more detailed the better.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Scorpion Ops: Consequence: After Action Report

Great mission, I liked the civis with guns, but we never seen any normal civis, would be cook if you had a good mix and had to watch each one to see if they pulled a weapons, also you could use the disarm/knockdown/cuff feature.

Comment

Very fun. Lots of good teamwork and action. Loved the start with the live jump. Anyways I do have quite a few screenshots which I have filtered into a gallery just click on the link or image below.

Scorpion Ops - Consequence Album

sigpic

Comment

Name: Garthra
        Rank: Senior Operator, Scorpion 1, Fireteam 2. (Later Scorpion 1 lead and Yellow Team Lead).

During the in flight briefing I was assigned the SMAW. Made me nervous, as I have not used the SMAW in a long time. I decided to take 4 rounds instead of three. It cost me some weight and rifle ammo, but I figured if I ran out of rifle ammo, no big deal. If the squad was without AT, that would be a problem. We lined up in two rows on the plane and ran out the back door with Actual as jumpmaster. The HALO was long, and I circled as tightly as I could to stay close to the DZ. I was going over the plan in my head, trying to keep the big picture in mind. We hit the ground and grouped up. After helping some casualties we moved out south. The terrain was flat, and with no cover the focus was on keeping a sharp lookout.

We took cover in a small burned out structure and took overwatch on the target compound. I had a negligent discharge, causing much embarrassment but no fatalities. We observed and ambushed a small number of infantry without a hitch. Then we moved up to the compound and cleared the left side as another squad cleared right. Myself and most of the force kept 360 while command entered in and "reasoned" with a source.

Meanwhile on the outside we "checked" the dead with shots to the head.

The source revealed a possible target in the city to the south. We took transport from the dead and drove several clicks towards the city. The squad leader had had to be left behind, so I assumed command as we dismounted. Still not feeling too confidant about the SMAW I assigned it to someone else, I believe Andy, although I could be wrong. Command assigned me to move out behind Scorpion 2 along a road. To the right was the river and across that the city. We moved out and soon drew fire from our left flank. The squad took the contacts out, and I was injured. I had the squad wait while I went and found a medic. Seeing that the rest of the force was grouped up, I brought my squad over. Scorpion 2 lead the way as we advanced through the jungle, they took some fire and dished some out.

Soon after I got the order to use the riverbed to our north as cover, and we advanced single file along the river, using the groove made by the river to hide our advance. Scorpion 2 feel in behind us. We crept along the river bed single file, I was in front, and thinking that leading from the front might be, in this case, a mistake. With each dip or rise in the ground I waited for the volley that would end me. Eventually we reached the jump off point and while waiting for the other groups to catch up we took fire on the left (the side away from the river). The whole force opened up in a nice protected firing line. When it was clear we moved out of the riverbed and entered the city.

Scorpion 1 lead the way into the city. After reaching a large road we held up and covered as scorpion 2 crossed. They would take the lead from then on. We leap frogged, one squad leading, another following and covering. At one point I recall we were crouched behind a structure, and began taking fire from the East. As I watched from the alleyway to the south Scorpion 2 got on line and got targets. Dimitrius requested my machine gunner help his squad engage the 10+ hostiles east. I don’t recall the MGs name, but whoever he was did great, got into position and kept firing in short bursts along with Dimitrius’s fireteam. Command then tasked scorpion one with securing a CCP, which we did without incident. Around now my SMAW man, disappeared and as Scorpion 1 was now down two men plus me, command merged us into Scorpion two. B, scorpion 2 lead, assigned us to team yellow. We proceeded through the city, checking our corners and providing 360. Someone had the idea of shooting out the streetlights, it was a good one and with permission from above we shot out streetlights from then on with silenced weapons.

Here I will do a shameless plug; yellow team (Tracer an Noah), you guys were great on your communication and 360 coverage. Let’s play again together soon.
        As we approached the target building B gave us the order to spread out in three segments and advance in a rough line (one block between each team). As we got into position and awaited the order to move up yellow team took fire from I believe the east. We engaged and moved out that direction on order. We reached the target building but received new orders to move to some SUVs for extraction. B collapsed the force on his end of the attacking line and we headed out to the SUVs.
        Taking the third SUV in the convoy, yellow team rode out in style with the rest of scorpion. Two disconnects, no casualties, and a job well done.
        Overall it was a well led, well done mission.
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Tonight's mission was excellent and I am very happy with how it turned out. Commanding was excellent, combat restraint was excellent, everyone was focused, there was no immaturity, and we completed the mission without ONE BLUFOR DEATH!

Bravo.

So we started and I was Senior Operator for Scorpion two, designated Green Fire Team Leader with Thirdsin and Freek as my wing-men. We spawned in the airplane, Halo'd in and before I knew it, I was getting squad chatter about medics being needed. By the time I was on the ground, I called out to the rest of Scoprion and only heard Beer(Talkingbeermug) stating he was doing CPR on |TG| B so I started to look for any other friendlies. I happened upon Joman by accident and brought him to the west where we revived B, and one other Scorpion two member. After we regrouped, B moved us north to the regroup point and we Redezvoised with the rest of Scorpion 1 and Actual. Covering the Road, Scorpion 1 held watch while we sprinted across a large MSR between us and our target. Just south of the highway we ran into two perimeter fences. The first we were able to vault easily, but the second required a quick breach from our Technical Operator, LZ_Baker. Our team lead the charge through the fence and we moved into the first phase of the mission.

We spotted the target building after heading towards our western Observation Point and waited. The target house had several two man patrols orbiting it at regular intervals and we took up positions preparing to engage the security guards. All teams engaged and we took two casualties while eliminating the entire opfor force. Our technical operator interrogated Ahmad and we were tasked with moving to a construction site deep in Fallujah to find Ahmad and Fahad.

Actual took us the long way around through the eastern desert. Before long it began to rain. When we approached the western edge of the city proper, we noticed several unarmed civilians roaming the eastern western streets. As we approached, they suddenly drew pistols and started firing at us, we were forced to defend and eliminated the threat. We fought our way through a lot of contact as we approached the building Fahad was suspected of being in. Scorpion team moved in and eliminated Fahad, before we were able to locate Furquan, LZ_Baker began to detect radiation from the surrounding buildings. We made haste out the eastern bridge and escaped into the night, Furquan once again eluding us.

As you know, I screwed up the JIP script and was unable to fix it before the mission started. We had a grand total of Zero deaths on this mission. For the amount of contact we sustained, I am very impressed and quite satisfied with the way the mission played out. Sector lead excellently. I purposely left several ways to approach the western edge and using the remaining UAZs instead of proceeding on foot was the best approach and, in my opinion, not the most evident so good job sir.

These are the details of the mission as I saw them. Excellent teamwork, excellent maneuvering.

Thank you all for playing my mission. I am tentatively planning the 3rd episode for late september, depending on how my travel schedule looks.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Here are a few of the screenshots I was able to capture. This is during an incredibly intense fire fight in downtown Fallujah.

Scorpion Ops "Consequence" - Alley Firefight(Click the below picture for the gallery)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Excellent work by everyone. Everyone did exactly what was needed at the right times.

Good work Dimi on the HALO jump, arma 2 is buggy at best and anytime you have a HALO, people will die. Thats just a fact of Arma.

Also, Civs with concealed weapons.... I hate you.

I swear, the second I see Furquan, I am plugging that rat!

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
                Good work Dimi on the HALO jump, arma 2 is buggy at best and anytime you have a HALO, people will die. Thats just a fact of Arma.

Also, Civs with concealed weapons.... I hate you.
                1. The fact that we were able to revive both B and Python after falling from 10,000 meters is outstanding.

2. Sector hates me? Must be doing something right then =) That was Adept speaking through me. Totally sounds like something he would say.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Any mission that keeps the medic happy and and keeping his head down is good in my book.I really thought the use of smoke to mark the injured after the first fire fight was great idea since I was coming from a distance and a wide approach.I want to thank those who preform cpr untill I was able to arrive.And this was first mission that when I healed people didnt sit and watch me the went about there mission.Great job all around.Also one last thing who ever help with the triage after first fire fight that was awsome and how you do it.Always let medic know who has been down longest

Comment

I loved the mission, even with the parachute strangulation and not firing a shot (and I packed like thirty 40 mm's...)

The HALO insertion and gearing up on the transport was an excellent idea. It really added to the feel. The instant death while releasing the parachute not so much...

While blacked out I could still steer the chute and desperately tried to land near someone (no idea if I did or not)

Whoever was giving me CPR, you had me up to 900 seconds by the time I was revived.

Once I was up, command moved south to a ruin overlooking the target location while both squads moved to encircle. DEF set up his rifle and I set up near him with a vector, dagr, and Kestrel. Using the Kestrel, I determined the average cross wind and with the Vector the range so DEF could properly sight in. Once we went load, I spotted as best I could while DEF engaged while still calling out wind readings.

Once the squads secured the target, I moved in to question him. It required some "persuasion" but I was able to get a location out of him. I also walked away with several thousand dollars (don't worry, its in the beer fund...)

Once we completed our drive and began to move into downtown, the squads were engaged by "civilians" hiding firearms in their clothing. I scanned around and saw a large group of "non-combatants" to the north, armed and patrolling for us. Luckily, they were not too good at following gunshots, because they never came close to us and eventually hid their weapons and walked away.

We entered town with command element at the rear of the formation. We provided rear security while the two squads made their way to the objective.

Once at the objective, specialized gear I was carring detected high amounts of radiation in the area. All units quickly retreated from the area. We commandeered some rather nice Escalades and evac'ed to our pickup point.

Comment

Second mission going after this Furquan guy. He slipped under our fingers twice so far. On the last one he even left radioactive materials? What a character. To think that on the first mission we were right outside his house throwing grenades in. And to think he still escaped from us. Makes me angry.

I opened my chute at 700. I think I was diving too fast because of my posture. Chute opened but the ground was coming too fast. I blacked out. Quite embarrassing for a guy who was yelling at his Squad members to open chute at 800. Thankfully somebody found me and called in the medic.

Overall very well done and executed by Scorpion 2. Did not like the grenades around Ahmad. Partly because we had to question him. Partly because every squad member of mine were yelling at me to say something over Command net.

I had great fun and I will be on the lookout for the next installment of this series.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X