• Show
Clear All

• [SITREP] 13092012 2154 Zulu time Stealing an nme Tank

Friendly: Actual, 1-1-F, Recon
    NME: 2 tanks, 4 infantry sqauds
    Forecast: Sunny with sidewind
    Map: Takistan
    Mode: Patrol ops (just love it)

We got a good start with a good commander Dudle. Map reading and tactics were good. Orders very clear.

We got a full command team, 1-1-F was also full and a recon team (me and Deadly_Dave).

Recon went in first to recon the surroundings. We halo'd in and did our jobs, but we could have done better if we had started sooner with the recon. We didn't get the best position we could have had. Deadly_Dave was having some trouble with teamspeak so we were a bit distracted.

After the rest of the groups went in the got into positions according to the maplayout (well played btw). There we 2 fireteams, commandteam and recon.

Recon had the task of taking out the tank driver, after that all units were to engage the tank first then the infantry. After Dudle gave the sniper (me) weapons green, the other were to engage right after the shot was taken. I called out when I was going to shoot and ... missed (sorry guys). Had too much sidewind wich we couldn't measure without the kestrel and adjust accordingly. But it took a while before all fireteams were engaging as well, so the tank moved away and the infantry opened fire on us.

We handled that very well, we got a few cassualties. I thin fireteam Yellow went down. But everyone got up and we got the tank and infantry.

Reports of an enemy sniper (.50 cal) were coming in and recon was orderd to change position to get a better overview. After the two fireteams went into the town they were pinned down by a sniper and some Hadji suicidebombers. They took them out themselves and went on.

We captured the tank and went Rtb. We had tot take a detour as there was a roadblock along the way, the littlebird got shot up and needed to be repaired. After a nice drive through the hills we went on the road again, we missed our rightturn and last thing I heard was "Damnit Jack".... was dragged out the burning car by someone (thanks for the effort) put into a car and then I went to heaven and respawned at base... As it turned out we went strait into the roadblock/village we wanted to avoid :P

Anyway had a blast. My spotter did a good job, too bad about his TS problems. And we could have used a kestrel. Great command by Dudle, thx dude.

As my computer isnt that great I enjoy being a sniper so I can be on long range combat, it seems my computer can handle that better then close range. Same as driving or flying. But working on it.

Again had a blast....

Austin Out.
    There is no such thing as a perfect plan.... Friendly fire - isn't...... If the enemy is within range, so are you...... If the Platoon Sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.....

Re: [SITREP] 13092012 2154 Zulu time Stealing an nme Tank

Wind change color from green to orange at ~3.7m/s. BTW dont use tracers, it shows sniper pos.

Comment

Thanks for the tip will use normal next time (should have known, thought it would have the same effect as chemlight we see them but the nme doesn't).

What do you mean bij Wind change color?
      There is no such thing as a perfect plan.... Friendly fire - isn't...... If the enemy is within range, so are you...... If the Platoon Sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.....

Comment

Above compass on left there is wind arrow, it shows dir and power by color.

Comment

I think the keys are Shift + K for wind.

Nice AAR and was good mission. well led and well executed.
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Good mission and leadership as always just like to say sorry about my mic problems at a critical time. iv just got a set of wireless turtle beach px5's and the mic connects to pc via bluetooth, unfortantly the batteries in my headset went flat, replaced but mic wouldnt reconnect no matter what i tried. in the end had to reboot pc and quickly get sorted and halo back in just in time to do a bit of driving and get blown up :-).

Deadly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X