Patrol Ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Ops

Hey, was wondering if BLIP could add a new scroll-wheelie function to help with the suicide bombers: could you add a "halt!" or somesuch command to yell at a civilian, and if it is a suicide bomber, they ignore you?

I've noticed that some of the suicide bombers can sneak right up to you and blow your guys up. Would be nice to be able to challenge them at say 15 meters or 20 meters away and see if they react to a verbal command.

Ie, civilians halt, may cower if you yell "halt!" (or may not... maybe they run away!)

Suicide bombers may just run AT you instead! Or ignore you!

Would add just a bit of uncertainty to situations. Like, do we really want to send out guys to search/disarm each civilian? What if THAT triggers their bomb? I never can tell...

Just some thoughts.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Re: Patrol Ops

I support the exploration of such a concept.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

There is an ace function where you can give just the verbal commands you are looking for by holding down tab and scrolling your mouse wheel, the verbal commands show up at the bottom in red text.
      The ones i know off are:
      Freeze!
      Clear area!
      Get down!
      Get inside!
      Civillians respond accordingly to verbal commands, very usefull function imo :)
      sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
      [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

In all the time I have been playing ARMA, I did not know you could do that.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

SnipingCoward and myself have also added a search function that is via the mouse wheel.

You do the search command on a civi and you can remove any weapons or ordinance he has... Rendering him unable to turn Jihad on you.

They may attempt to pick up any weapons on the floor though so be warned :)

We added this because the ace search disarm isn't working atm.

O yer snipe also made it so that if you cuff a civi he can no longer turn Jihad on you.

There are some more things going on but the basics is that in V505 you will have better control over civis in the area.

O yer #2. You now get a visual prompt as well as the audible prompt :)
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Wow, did not know that verbal commands worked in civilians. Hmm, gotta try that out sometime.

Handcuffing also works, I cuffed a guy who was hiding in the MASH tent at base once!
            -Einstein

Comment

Another request:

could we up the max player count to over 28? New Years day - couldnt join, too many people!

28 is a very low player count as compared to other missions.
              -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by zilfondel View Post
                Another request:

could we up the max player count to over 28? New Years day - couldnt join, too many people!

28 is a very low player count as compared to other missions.

This is the thread your looking for

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mi...-requests.html
                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X