Operation Long Good Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Operation Long Good Friday

"Operation Long Good Friday" is a go. We are to be deployed on 1500Z 29MAR2013. AO is Celle. Gear Up!

This will serve as documentation and record central for "Operation Long Good Friday". Any type of significant combat operations conducted should be recorded and documented here. A documentation of a combat operation is suggested to contain the following key components for the purposes of continuity and recognition.
    • Combat location and description of what events took place.
    • A screenshot of map to add visual respresentation (Optional)
    • Names of soldiers who participated in the combat operations. Their roles. Brief description. (You may get this information from this website.)
    Last edited by hedgehog; 03-28-2013, 09:43 PM.

Re: Operation Long Good Friday

Soldier: 1st LT. Dimitrius, Alpha Squad, 4th Platoon, Easy Company

Squad members included Greasy monkey, Hitokiri, Talking BeerMug, Bretski, and Madcat. We Were first tasked with clearing Celle. Blue fireteam consisted of Hitokiri and Bretski. They were new recruits from Batallion and had little experience in the urban enviornment. I briefed them on the finer points of civilian management and point tactics and made them the tip of our spear. Madcat is a seasoned medic so the only thing I had to manage about him was his excitement. He was an entire hospitals worth of medical support wrapped up in one soldier. Greasy was my lone base of fire with an MG and something told me he had seen combat before. We successfully cleared celle without taking so much as a round when things started to get a bit hairy.

Bravo squad was led by Lt. Zypher, a man I've worked with on several occasions and knew quite well, though I wouldn't call him a close friend, I trust his leading capability. His team was tasked with crossing the river that split Celle in two. We set up on the South Bank and provided cover for Bravo in a very advantageous position. As Bravo successfully hit the midpoint of the bridge, several shots rang out and we were sharp in our readiness for battle. Several enemy infantry poured out from a hole in the wall on the Northern bank of the Cell River, approximately three hundred meters from our dug in overwatch. Greasy, my MG, mowed down several enemy infantry with well placed mg fire and Hitokiri and Bretski supported him with carbine fire. Bravo made it to the end of the bridge and began to cross into our field of fire. My squad used excellent judgement and combat restraint and not one bullet fired from our side came in contact with a blue for member.

At that point, we heard a terrible sound, something that I have heard many times in my many years as a soldier. It's a sound that you never forget, much like that first experience in a car crash, the sound of metal crunching on metal, but in the far distance. This was the sound of a helicopter crashing and the resulting explosion made my stomach sink even further. I swallowed my shock and my mind overtook my astonishment and I ordered my medic and one of my rifleman to backtrack and investigate. Sure enough, to my disappointment, the chopper was in flames. I ordered the entire squad to double time it to the wreck site to see if we could do anything for the wounded. Once we reached the site, I could tell there was nothing we could do for them, they were dead.

It was a very dark moment during the campaign.

About that time, re-enforcements showed up. Several soldiers rolled up in a Humvee with news that Bravo squad was pinned down on the other side of the river. What had been a spectacular success suddenly turned into a very sad revelation with a downed chopper, but we had to subside that anguish as an urgent request for assistance blared out over the radio. We commandeered several civilian vehicles and sped to the south side of the bridge. As if things couldn't get worse, we witnessed Artillery fire dropping on the other side of the bridge, right where Bravo reported their last position.

Command issued an emergency retreat order to the FOB, south of the now liberated Celle and we made haste. Once we made it back to base, I volunteered our squad to drive into the artillery fire and evacuate Bravo. Command gave us the go ahead and we loaded up into three vehicles and floored it back to Celle, over the bridge and drove straight to the barracks where Bravo was urgently calling for assistance. As soon as we stopped, my medics and rifleman started pulling the wounded into our convoy. Madcat bandaged as many as he could and threw them into the humvee he was driving. I laid down 400 rounds of 50 caliber fire in the general direction of the constant incoming enemy fire while my team loaded the remaining wounded and I heard the all good order. We were taking fire from North West and the origin was unknown. At that point we rolled out and made our way back across the bridge, taking all kinds of pursing gunfire and eventually pulled up to the FOB. All friendly casualties were given emergency medical care back at our FOB and we licked our wounds.

Major |TG-Irr| B retasked Alpha as forward element to scout out the next potential FOB to our East.

I am too tired to complete this report tonight... More when I get the chance.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Very tierd Dimi wrong thread :)
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Day 1

Entry 1

So it began,

The Joint Task Force "329" has been deployed to Celle. Consisting of only 26 men, the Task Force make up is as following:
        • 1 X British Infantry Squad
        • 1 X US Navy Seal Infantry Squad
        • 1 X Crewmen/Engineers team
        • 2 X Pilots

Combat operations started in the afternoon around 1500 hours. So far every town we come across has Eastern European or Russian infantrymen occupying them. So we are up against the Russians. The COMSIGS have been established after discussing with the initially deployed members of the Joint Task Force.

Wow what a show of force. We completed about 13 objectives within the first 10 hours.

P.S. I am just putting this up as a starting point for the AARs. Anyone can click "reply with quote" to get HTML code format of the AARs. Copy and Paste and modify the necessary parts.
        P.P.S Anybody can post their AARs here. Even a funny story about 3 guys. Because I cannot capture everything that happens in the game. So feel free to post it up.
        Last edited by hedgehog; 03-29-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

DAY 1 AND THE FIRST FOUR CONTACTS
          As seen from blips blurry old eys.

Started Day 1 as FTL in Bulldog with Spaz as Squad Lead.

Bulldog was First task force on the Ground at 15:00 Z.

First call of business was to Clear the town of Hamburen then investigate the Gas station south of Ovelgonne after which we would proceed to Ovelgonne itself and clear it of all enemys.

Hamburen went well and we cleared it with very few WIAs on our part.
          The Gas station was Done with Dual Jackels using all 4 guns to clear 2 small groups of enemy in the Pub and Abandoned building next to the Gas station. Zero WIA for Bulldog.
          Ovelgonne. This was our first sortie into a heavily occupied Town. Little did we know that such a small town would be so heavily occupied.
          At one point the whole of my Team went down via an Enemy solider who was camping near a church and took us from the rear as we moved to clear a row of Domestic Houses at which we had seen enemy movement inside.
          Luckily I suvived the attack and naded the little swine. With the swift help of the other fire team and their medic we soon had a CCP set up and the medic was hard at work fixing up all of blue team.
          We eventually Cleared Ovelgonne and RTBed for Hospital treatment and rearm.

Next was the town of Furberg.

Forces where now Bulldog Team and Yankee team which was now being led By Blooddrops. Zeus which was B

I cannot say what Yankee was orderd to do as I missed that part of the briefing.
          Bulldog moved to a wp just west of the Town.
          On arriving at the wp the victor1s Main gun calls out enemy Armour spotted just south of the Town.
          My team took one WIA on first contact from the what would turn out to be an enemy vodnik.
          Once we start to creep into the town looking to get a bead on the vodnik.
          We realised that there was infact a full enemy artillery camp set up just 200 meters south of the town with two times patrolling Vodniks.

Using Mark blue team AT and Greasy blue team MG we got into position to engage both the gunners of the Artillery guns and the Vodnik which posed the most threat.
          Mark fired his AT at the vodnik ... over the radio comes the call MISSED and all Hell breaks loose.

Vodniks are shooting, Artilery is shooting, Enemy soldiers are shooting from the camp at our pos and Enemy soldiers in the town are coming out of buildings.
          Some Crazy Civi thinks this is his moment and pulls a gun on us aswell.
          Mark manages to get of another shot at the vodnik and we hear the lovely sound of enemy munitions exploding as the vodnik goes up in a glorious ball of flames.
          Red team and Greasy my MG have managed to take out most of the Artilery gunners and I have stopped running around in a mad panic :)

Jips are being flow in as we are clearing the last building in the Town and we are about to RTB for the hospital and rearm.
          The server is filling up fast and Command is about to Change hands. The squads are going to change aswell.
          But this was the first 4 towns and Ill leave it for someone else to tell the story of Mulladosrt and Celle etcetcetc.

Sorry this isnt as neat and tidy as a B report but tis the best ya gona get from me :)

Comment

Day 1

Entry 2

What happened after BL1P's description of first four contacts? Dimitrius and LowSpeed were commanding a very impressive force of full Yankee, Bulldog and Armored units as well as air. The server seemed to be full throughout the day.

1800 - 2300

The map markers indicated that JTF329 pushed West until Highway 7 clearing out all the towns in between base and Highway 7. The map markers also indicated that JTF329 opened a new front towards NorthWest to Celle and beyond. An organized effort was taking place until Eschede.

Eschede was a home to a heavy Tank squad. Our armors were taken out easily by them. Commanders at the time did not have means to request A10 from HQ. So Infantry squads tried to confront the enemy tank squad in Eschede. Bulldog, although heavily equipped with anti-tank capabilities were completely wiped out after their first rocket launch. Yankee oblivious to what happened to their sister squad, hunted the tanks and was able to take out two heavy tanks.

With the loss of precious armored assets as well as a full squad the CO demoted himself to a crewman and brought a TOW humvee. He needlessly killed disabled tanks and ammo trucks :row__523: Must have been frustrated. But he did kill one remaining heavy tank.

P.S. There has to be more stories from this time period. It looks an organized large scale operations took place during this time.

2300 - 0300

By this time most of the forces retired and a small amount of troops remained to continue the night operations. The remaining forces were so small that we became one infantry squad for the next couple of towns. The squad still had a couple of pilots who were willing to operate during the night. The squad operated as airborne units, deployed from base by helicopters, extracted through helicopters.

The small squad was able to finish clearing the small villages to the West of Base.

Wolthausen

This town is occupied a mean Vodnik. The town is also in range for enemy artillery. Most of the infantry occupying the town are eliminated. But the friendly squad who went into this town were shelled and ambushed by a light armored vehicle.

Wietze

A squad went into this town only to find an enemy base outside of it. They were last heard saying that they need immediate extraction and under heavy fire.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
              With the loss of precious armored assets as well as a full squad the CO demoted himself to a crewman and brought a TOW humvee. He needlessly killed disabled tanks and ammo trucks :row__523: Must have been frustrated. But he did kill one remaining heavy tank.

Yes...yes I was. lol.

And there was still men in that ammo truck and a T90 lurking around. Not anymore.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Day 2

1100 - 1330Z

As seem from the eyes of PVT."Wicked viking" ghadlan, AR.
                The team; Mark, Chichco, Slim, Bl1p, |TG-6th|Axis, |TG-6th|ghadlan.

Wolthausen

My journey began when I got sent into the AO to "get my feet wet" as my CO told me. I grabbed my gear and started trying to call command when a black Sedan with a black guy driving pulled up next to me, it was Slim who had been sent to pick me up. We shook hands and got on with it, the team was clearing Schwarmstedt and we were going there to help them out. After 5 hours of driving we entered a town just South of Schwarmstedt when we got word that the town was cleared and we were to RTB, many a tears shed when we turned around and began another 5 hour drive. Back at base we regrouped and rearmed and headed out to FOB Garland. Our commandy dandy Slim proceded to devise a plan to capture Wolthausen while the rest of us designated a civillian called "Bob" to be the fob guard. He gladly accepted so we gave him an M-16, up to this moment he still guards the Fob, having not moved an inch.
                We mounted up in a land rover and started making our way to a waypoint just south of Wolthausen where we stopped and took 5. Slim ordered a HUNTIR to be fired into the air so we could get an idea of what was waiting for us few. Slim reported 2x infantry and 1x 6 wheeled Bmp with a 20mm turret. Due to the imminent armor threat I decided to grab an AT-4 CS/RS, putting me at 60kg off equipment.As I soon found It payed off to be prepared. Blue team consisting off Chichco and Axis was on point leading us into the town when we had to cross an open field, halfway over we started taking sporadic small arms fire, we all ran into cover and attempted to fire back. I moved my MG into position and attempted to engage the enemy when I got shot in the face and blacked out. Moments later I woke up and proceded to bandage myself, when that was done I gave the bad guys some swedish love with my 240.
                In the middle of the firefight someone called out that the 6wheeled BMP was actually vodnik and it was coming right for us. I instantly pulled up my AT-4 and fired at the vodnik which burst into flames that engulfed the entire town, much to our surprise. With the vodnik gone the rest of the town was childswork with us moving systematicly through the buildings, neutralizing anyone that got in our way. In one of the buildings we found the corpse of one of our comrades, we checked his dogtag and noted that it said "Kyle Thomson". We payed our respects and moved on to check out the camp that we spotted just outside town, it was empty.
                With the town and camp cleared we went back to our landy and headed back to FOB garland where Bob was holding the fort. Wolthausen went smooth with the only WIA being ghadlan, that noob.

Winsen

With Wolthausen being liberated Slim proceded with part 2 of our plan, the liberation off Winsen. We mounted up and moved to a holdpoint just outside town. When we dismounted we saw 3 armed insurgents walking over the bridge to Südwinsen, Slim ordered us to take them out with silenced weapons, I was disgusted by the joy taken from my team that was laughing, calling it a turkey shoot when they shot the insurgents that were desperatly trying to take cover, but there was none on the bridge. When the 3 contacts on the bridge had been neutralized we moved into the town following the water, not what I had expected when I was told that I would "get my feet wet", great now I would have to change socks when we got back to base. We went into town and took cover behind a building when all hell broke lose and we started taking fire from every direction. We held our ground and fired back, liberating the people of winsen one bullet at a time.
                We followed the same procedure as with Wolthausen with systematicly clearing buildings, blue team clearing buildings marked with an uneven number and white team clearing the ones with an even number. At one point we got ambushed by an insurgent with a hostile intent. With the whole team lying on the ground bleeding things were looking grim when suddenly, Mark appears with rifle in his hand, effectively dispatching the sneaky insurgent and getting the rest off us up. At this time Chichco went afk so Slim decided the whole team be moving as one instead of 2 fireteams. We breached a compound when suddenly Slim got shot and went down, I cried NOOO and proceded to run around the building that the perpetrator was hiding behind, with tears flooding down my cheeks I pulled out my .45 and executed the insurgent with a single shot to the back of the head. Luckily the bullet had hit slim straight in the forehead so It didn't hit anything vital and he was back in action moments later.
                When the compound had been cleared we moved on to the south part off the town to clear that, Axis was on point because he had pulled a cheeky comment and was now paying for it. We reached a building which we took cover behind when I noted an AK sticking out the window. I yelled "IN THE BUILDING" and effectively put 2 in the chest and 50 in the head. At the same time Axis was emptying his clip on an empty building. We then moved on to clear the northern part off Winsen when I ran out off ammo for my 240Dakadaka and had to pull out my backup weapon, an M16A1. We moved north when we took fire from a mansion at the north edge of town. We suffered casualties and Slim decided it was time to RTB. We acquired civillian vehicles with Mark and Chichco driving a Truck and me Slim BL1P and axis got in a hippie car. Before we got out off town Axis crashed our car into a wall effectively knocking us all unconscious. Luckily, mark was there to save the day once again and we hopped in his truck and went back to the FOB, where Bob greeted us.

After that I took a break.
                sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by ghadlan View Post
                  I cried NOOO and proceded to run around the building that the perpetrator was hiding behind, with tears flooding down my cheeks I pulled out my .45 and executed the insurgent with a single shot to the back of the head. Luckily the bullet had hit slim straight in the forehead so It didn't hit anything vital and he was back in action moments later.
                  Just how I remember it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfoR8SbFhy8
                  Last edited by Slim_Pikins; 03-30-2013, 07:53 PM.
                  “For however strong you may be in respect of your army, it is essential that in entering a new Province you should have the good will of its inhabitants.”

Comment

"Wietze

A squad went into this town only to find an enemy base outside of it. They were last heard saying that they need immediate extraction and under heavy fire. "

Zypher was squad lead, we also had Stephen.Cap, Smith, Hitokiri, Talkingbeermug and me as a medic. The actual town of Wietze held very little resistance I think a total of 4-6 infantry, it was once we headed south that we spotted a BRDM and 3-5 infantry in the woodline about 300 meters out. Smith luckily had a SMAW and the BRDM quickly was destroyed and became cover. We destroyed all the infantry with no WIA (I think Stephan.Cap took a round or 2 but was fine) We continued south and spotted the camp a few hundred meters out and started advancing towards it. We moved to within probably 300 meters of the enemy base and took cover in some trees. Blue team (Me, Beer and Stephen) were ordered to flank left but before we went more than 50 meters the enemy spotted green team and the order came to open up. Just as Zypher gave that order all hell broke loose as 2 ZSU-23s chewed green squad up. I being the medic immediately turned around to started dragging people back and forming a casualty collection point. It was only once I dragged Zypher 20 or so meters into cover and went back for the other casualty that I realized that Stephen.Cap was also down. This left me and Talkingbeermug. I informed him of our situation and he rejoined me at the collection point and started helping me get people back up. After everyone was up and functional we formed a line facing the base and took fire from our 4 O'clock position, I went down at this point so I dont know what happened. I eventually was revived and got back up, Talkingbeer and Hitokiri took off into the woods to flank and finally clear the base. This left me with Smith, Stephen and Zypher 2 of which were down (I cant remember but I think it was Zypher and Smith.) I do remember that at roughly this point that Smith left (got me some STANAGs though :D) and Stephen and Zypher had no legs. I tried doing everything but it simply wouldnt bring them back ("ZSUs tend to blow up your legs" - Zypher) I suppose at some point here the ZSUs had been neutralized (probably by Beer) which left us clear to advance. Zypher, Stephen and I crawled the 300 meters to the base (shadowed to the east by Beer and Hitokiri) and cleaned up what was left of the enemies (I dont think anyone got shot doing this) We sent Hitokiri and Beer to retrieve our land rover so we could RTB for some much needed healing.

Sorry if this is poorly written/too vague/too specific/incorrect, it was a long night.

Comment

Day 2

I do not know what happened. Russian and Easter European forces have moved into those towns we have liberated in under 1 hour with highly coordinated precision. We concluded combat operation during the night for about 2-3 hours and in the morning everything is back to where we started. Absolutely frustrating. Operation Long Good Friday is turning into operation Long Weekend. :icon8:

Hopefully this is everything they can throw at us. FOB Britannia is up and running. They push, we push back.

After an extended intel collection operation, we have determined that enemy reinforcements must be coming through the Air Strip on the North side of Celle. So a new collective effort and series of missions and plans were established to make a focused push to secure and establish an FOB on the North AirBase of Celle.

In order to do this, all the cities and establishments between our base and the airbase on the North side of Celle must be cleared.
                      Last edited by hedgehog; 03-30-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
                        Day 2
                        Russian and Easter European forces have moved into those towns we have liberated in under 1 hour with highly coordinated precision.
                        I see what you did there. Very funny :)

Comment

Day 2

Operation Resurrection Retaliation

As stated by B the enemy retook all the towns we previously had and we had to retaliate with renewed vigor.

Command Notes on Operational layout and plan.

Initial teams :-

Zues. ref img Lead BL1P.
                          Yankee. ref img Lead Lowspeed. Then B
                          Bulldog. ref img Lead Greasymnky.
                          Eagle. ref img Lead Adept and Ops

Teams altered during Operation someone please expand on details.

Operational Initial plan.

Bulldog take Celle
                          Yankee take Klien

Both teams move into Helentor
                          Yankee takes Gross Helen
                          Bulldog takes Vorwerk

Both teams take Scheuen and then the Compound to the north of Scheuen for FOB Britannia.

Operational Global Params where to clear the Area around base to allow for later Air ops and to establish a northerly FOB to facilitate the Push on the northerly Airfield.

Operation was a success and a pleasure to command.

Please expand on the details.

Thanks too all players for helping me command and making it a pleasure to command.
                          Special thanks to Zues minor (slim) for stepping up and assisting me behind the scenes and to Command Engineer (Ghadlan) for the same reason.

Comment

So me and Dudle were driving a tank from the very south airfield to the far north airfield where we hooked up with Bulldog. Once there we moved into position where we could provide some cover with the coaxial when suddenly a European insurgent managed to lob a metis rocked over a building and hit us right in the face.

Haxing AI can be really disheartening sometimes lol
                            sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                            [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

That's okay. Bulldog had no trouble returning the favour for you. :)

Thanks all in Bulldog (later Yankee) squad for a making my role that much easier.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X