No announcement yet.

Enemy Assault (Sunday Event Nov 17)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Enemy Assault (Sunday Event Nov 17)

Awesome games. We completed 12 missions in total. Had many regulars and as much public players. Share your stories, screenies, videos.

For me my favorite part was taking down the pesky attack helicopter and our constant and repeated mass causality situations. Great fun though.

Re: Enemy Assault (Sunday Event Nov 17)

I actually enjoyed being one of the corpsman along with Solo Sniper, we kept very busy. Good missions, thanks to all .

Comment

After Action Full Mission Report

Event Enemy Assault 11-17-13

First Mission - Squad Assault

SL - "B"

Mission report by:

MadSoloSniper (Joe) Combat Lifesaver - Medic

Slotted in as Alpha Team Medic (A position Im getting pretty good at) Excellent teamwork again (nothing new here) and some good fire team work and even some time for the Medic to take a few shots (ok, and get shot occasionally). My FRAPS got sketchy later on in the mission (I think caused by some of the server lag issues, but Im check it out later tonight to see if its a local thing nope, FRAPS working fine . . . I think the server lag was freaking FRAPS out).

Awesome mission blowing up some assets and finding (and eliminating) some HVT assets as well. Chief and I were busy keeping our teams in play and advancing on the enemy. The enemy was competent and caught us a few times, not when our guard was down but just with some good tactical attacks on us.

I only wish the recording elements was working a little later on in the mission as some of the firefights were epic. . . like when the tank advanced on our position while we were in the church courtyard . . . . the ground was shaking as it was seeking us out . . .we did take it down and then kept moving to our final objective for that portion of the mission.

I did get good video of the first portion of the mission (from the medic point of view) and will be posting it to YouTube for the community.

http://youtu.be/NHKogssjqzc

Awesome stuff teams, I look forward to the next missions together . . . . on Tactical Tuesday.

Full Mission - After Action Report
      Respectfully submitted by Combat Life Saver MadSoloSniper

Comment

Seemed like a really good turn out and some new faces (I think). I had a constant script error so didn't bother taking any screenshots, but despite this I had a lot of fun. It was definitely a mixed mission for me - I hit more than my usual number of targets, but died an awful lot (a couple of times to somebody lying right next to me) and at one stage mistook a friendly (Leon) and some foliage for an enemy soldier and unloaded half a case of ammo into him. Still, overall I feel I'm getting better at Arma-ing.

As there was no sign of Chief when I joined up, I slotted in as AR. I stood back and provided overwatch whilst we first took out some armour and then advanced through the town. It went well except a pesky marksman taking me out about three times. Our next objective was at the top of a hill, with forest all around. As we flew in I saw a helicopter dart across the window of our Ghost Hawk. I wasn't really sure where the Recon squad were so wasn't too alarmed... until it came back for another pass. Next thing our helicopter was shot out of the sky and we had to respawn at base. Oops!

Once we reinserted our team advanced through the trees and nearly walked head first into the enemy Sochor. We took out the guards but weren't carrying enough explosives to detonate the "heavily armoured" (read as "invulnerable") vehicle. We advanced on through the forest, and were wiped out as we reached the church walls by a squad with silenced weapons. As a side note I remember somebody saying back in an ARMA 2 Domination mission on Celle - "Why do we always advance up through the forest? It always ends up with us all dying." Actually come to think of it somebody else said that about helicopter insertions as well on Takistan. Nothing much has changed in A3!

A shout out to our combat medics who were pretty amazing. A couple of mass casualties were handled very well, a casualty station was set up around the two medics whilst other players dragged the unconscious players up to them. I think I used Solo's services about 8 times and Chief's once - definitely used up my 9 lives - and had a lot of time to watch them work! :/
        sigpic

Comment

Mech . . .thanks for the shout out . . . . that's what we're there for . . . :-D (see I TOLD you I'm getting pretty good at it . . . lol). Awesome stuff look forward to seeing you on Tactical Tuesday. Next mission (less script errors), get some screen shots and video (if you can). I like to build compilations where there is more then one perspective in my final video. I'm working on a facility (upload point) for ppl to put raw video, more on that later.

Again, awesome stuff, see you soon,

Solo

Comment

Solo, great footage there. Lemme just embed it for everybody

After what the footage shows we got back to base and geared up for the second set of six objectives. We divided into recon team and infantry team. As the recon team is smaller I sent them to the diving objective by themselves. I brought my squad into the main area with a helicopter. On route, all of a sudden an attack chopper came at us with no mercy. We just watched ourselves going down in flames. Mass casualty again.

After respawning at base Seeken and me brought some Anti Air missiles. We flew in once more, but this time we landed far far away and had to hike a good kilometer before being able to see the enemy attack helicopter. Seeken and me coordinated some great shot on the helicopter. After three missiles, a missile landed taking out its rotors. While watching our kill gloriously, the vengeful attack chopper gunner sprayed several high explosive rounds towards us right before hitting the ground - taking me out. Pretty funny.

We fought some tough battle trying to get into the city after that. Recon team completed their objective and came to help us out afterwards. Still we had a mess of a situations several times causing the recon team come save us on multiple occasions. As always, it was fun.

There is a new version of that missions from the original developer with multiple fixes and tweaks. Hopefully the new edit of the new version would fix some of the script errors that were present.

Comment

Solo - would love to do Tactical Tuesday but unfortunately it is incompatible with my UK timezone and my studies... luckily (actually, probably not luck!) the Sunday events are perfectly timed!

I've been playing around with ShadowPlay on my graphics card and its seems quite cool, happy to pass on video from future events :)
              sigpic

Comment

Excellent . . . .would love the video . . . and how you got it (shadow play) to work . . . I played with it a bit on this last mission . . . got unusable AVI files (good thing I had FRAPS as a backup).

Thanks,

Solo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...