Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Diary

Episode 1 has concluded. I as the medic had a lot of fun. Had to save and get saved on several occasions as well as be in some intense firefights. Episode 2 is planned for next weekend. Summary is as follows:

Date: Dec 15, 2013

Results of objectives:
    • Investigated the airfield.
    • One survivor was found dead.
    • Transmission tower is destroyed.

Consequences will be detailed on the Diary. Thanks for the participation.
    • Sesks
    • Mecharious
    • Xorilliz
    • B
    • Hitokiri
    • Chief
    • Birghtcolors
    • Woesterudolf
    • Solo Sniper

Re: Diary

Yet another fun mission from the keyboard and mouse of |TG| B...

We geared up as usual and left our base to find out what on earth was going on at the airfield. Our commander Sesks wisely had us dismount a few hills back to eyeball the path ahead, and this paid off as mere seconds after we got out of the vehicles there was a loud "Contact left, close!" and all hell broke loose. For the next thirty minutes we were in near constant engagements, as enemies kept creeping up on us from all directions. At one point our entire fire team was knocked unconscious when an enemy fire team crept up in defilade and ambushed us from what we thought was a safe direction. BrightColo(u?)rs had to ferry us one by one to the medics - at constant risk of fire - until we were up and ready to go.

Eventually we battled our way to the airfield, and moved clinically towards the main terminal buildings. Crashed choppers and burnt out vehicles were everywhere, I'm not sure exactly what, but its clear something truly bad has gone down. It turns out our advance was a little too clinical however, because at some point a surviving friendly (dressed in civilian clothes) was taken out by us or the enemy and I feel certain there will be consequences of this in future missions. Looking forward to the next episode!

I've posted a really short highlight video in the video thread.
    sigpic

Comment

Episode 2 has concluded.

Date: Dec 29, 2013

Significant notes:
      • Enemy AA vehicles were discovered and neutralized in Molos.
      • 1 x HMG Hunter MRAP was destroyed in action.

Comment

Thanks B for creating the missions.

I had fun despite being so rusty from being away from ARMA for two months or so. I led Alpha Fire Team with Myself, Ferret, Chief and B. Sesks was Platoon lead and Rudolf was Bravo FT leader.

Sesks led us through a series of way points into the town of Molos. We encountered enemy resistance almost as soon as we left our base at th Molos airfield. Chaos ensued at our first checkpoint when an enemy light armored vehicle entered our perimeter engaging forces at close quarters. Credit Sesks for effective deployment of both teams and the resulting efficiency in dispatching nearly all enemy threats.

Despite that Bravo team lost their MRAP to enemy fire West of Molos. Alpha team rescued the personnel but were unable to salvage the vehicle. The rest of the patrol continued with both Fire Teams on foot.

Both fire teams moved into the Northeast section of town and cleared the village house by house and eventually encountered an enemy Tunguska on the Northeastern edge of the village. Bravo team engaged the Tunguska with anti tank weapons, completing the overall mission objectives.

Good mission, Good troops, Good leadership. Fun times. Thanks to all who participated.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Episode 3 (finale) in development. Get ready for the consequences of your peers' actions.

Comment

Episode 3 has concluded. This will finalize this series assuming that the squad will be able to communicate with NATO forces afar and arrange a pickup. Thanks for those who loyally participated in this story of underpowered squad of guys.

There was some very intense firefight in the beginning. We had waves in infantry relentelessly attacking us. I think we had to break contact and retreat to get away from them. After the dust settled the whole area was littered with bodies.

Once we got the radar tower there was another very intense moment. Tanks responded to Radar station massive casualty from Red team. I set up a CCP and people gathered everybody. Suddenly an infantry squad and an ifrit flanked us close range. Everybody was exchanging fire back and forth with grenades going off. Smoke deployed, fragmentation landing here and there... We really had one intense one there. I had some super fun. Few had Fraps running and hopefully some screenies as well. Would love to see them.

Date: Feb 02, 2013

Results of objectives:
            • Retrieved the equipment
            • Destroyed Radar installation
            • Returned to base with all personnel
            • One Hunter MRAP was destroyed in action

Roster of participants:
            • Sesks
            • Rudolf
            • Unkl
            • B
            • Biggs
            • Ramna
            • Xor
            • Grunt
            • Will aka mecharius
            • Googol
            • Hitokiri

Comment

What a blast. I have 2hrs of footage up until we reformed to leave the objective with the radio parts. More soon....
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I was FTL for team Blue tonight, with Googol as AR, B as medic and later on Sesks as errr... engineery/designated marksmany person. As usual a very enjoyable and challenging mission which I thought had some good squad/section level movements and some really thrilling firefights. We took surprisingly few casualties overall despite some very heavy engagements.

The mission from my point of view:

It didn't start all that well for me. As we took off in convoy, I couldn't see the other vehicles behind us. I checked the mirrors, rear view camera and map and seeing no trailing vehicles in sight I ordered the lead vehicle to stop. Next thing there was a two car pile up with the second and third vehicles being damaged. Oops... Luckily we were able to repair them and move on. Before too much longer we were engaged and one of the vehicles behind us was taken out by a rocket. We all piled out and got 360 whilst the medic went to work. Googol and I were covering the west, (with no AT) and on two separate occasions APCs rolled right through our position - once within meters of me - only to be taken out by red team's AT. After that we we decided to move forwards on foot. We set up a base of fire overlooking our next waypoint (a small cluster of buildings) whilst Red team under Unkl flanked out to the right. We engaged and took down a lot of infantry before moving up on the compound and occupying it. Moments later enemy troops began pouring from the area that we had recently moved from - we had very narrowly avoided being flanked!

Methodically we moved in a squad line on foot, through a series of waypoints. At one point we bounded in fire teams for a few hundred meters - my fire team should probably should have stopped one more time in the middle in order to provide the correct kind of cover but luckily we didn't encounter any enemy.

We captured a hill overlooking the west side of our objective (the radio tower) and spread out scouting the enemy dispositions. After a few minutes red team began to stealthily work their way around to the South entrance in defilade. Once they were in position my fire team moved our way up in defilade to within a hundred meters or so of the enemy sentries. Sesks mentioned there was an enemy close, and so I asked "how close?" Sesks replied "I could punch him." Seconds later Rudoplh ordered the assault and we leapt forward. Sesks gun barked out a couple of times and I realised that he had stopped a ridge further on than the rest of the fire team. I realised my last command had been "move directly ahead 50m meters to that ridge" so Sesks was most likely looking at a different ridge at the time!

We moved in and cleared the compound pretty efficiently, breaching simultaneously from the South and West. We set up and some of the demo guys set up explosives on the radar tower whilst the engineer grabbed whatever bits and pieces he wanted. Next thing you know somebody was shouting "Tanks tanks! Tanks to the South!" and before you knew it a couple of tanks were circling the radio tower like flies. A fair chunk of red team, including (I think) the AT was wiped out pretty quickly. Our medic B set up a CCP and we began to pull the downed guys towards it under the cover of smoke. I ran in and started collecting one of the fallen when Grunt shouted "he's coming in the front" or something similar. I dropped the guy and ran for cover, but nothing happened. Moments later I returned to the fallen soldier and began to lift him up. Next thing I knew a tank was looking at me from about 5m away. I tried my best to serpentine away, but doing so with the weight of one of our comrades on my back proved difficult. Next thing you knew I was face first in the dirt.

When I came too, the tanks were down and another Ifrit, flanking us from the North was also down. With the captured materiel we bugged out as fast as we could, back the way we came.

I found the command channel a bit overwhelming at first, mixed in with multiple channels and direct chat all at the same time. By the end though I think I was getting the hang of it and in general I though the fire team functioned pretty well together. Contact reports were thick and fast on command and I still need to work more on my three Ds, and think a bit before I talk :) The communication and planning from Rudolph was very clear all along and I enjoyed the methodical approach.

Thanks B for another stellar campaign.

I captured about 5 mins of action... I call this video "TG Sunday Events - where enemy vehicles go to die".

sigpic

Comment

Nice Video Mech. And am terribly sorry about that stray AT missile (cant believe you actually got it on video). Anyway, I had fun. Thanks B for the great mission.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was driving that second vehicle when I saw you stopping quickly without a notice... I did the same and watched the back mirror seeing the third vehicle go at like 80 kph right behind me wondering when he was gonna stop, thrilling. :)
                    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Yes that was me driving the dreaded 3rd vehicle. That will teach me to leave the onboard video recorders (read Fraps) alone until at a full stop. The good thing is that while looking at my numpad trying to remember what key I'd bound to begin recording (thus my TrackIR was having me look wildly in the wrong direction) I never did get the right key until after the accident when I could alt tab out to check what I'd set it to.

I'm glad you guys all took it in good humour. I looked up and had about 5m to stop going full W speed at that 2nd vehicle right in front of us. If it wasn't for wearing my TrackIR head gear, stereo headphones w/mic, sitting in the spare bedroom playing ArmA - I'd have felt like a dork.

Got the footage half edited last night. Still working on it.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Here is the video

Still processing so if you wait you will see full resolution.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Awesome video. You captured all the action in there. I seem to be particularly tickled when those tanks showed up, laughing hysterically and evilly.

Comment

hahah B, you kind of do that in all missions, which is why I've started using it as a cue to hit the dirt, because ****s about to go down. Oh and, Awesome video unkl.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice work Unkl. I didn't realise how close the first APC was to you guys... had a bit of a chuckle when Hito shot it from about 10m away, then a couple of seconds later "Hit!".

Watching the video Ramna I realise why the first rocket on that Ifrit went where it did :)
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X