A3 Good Game thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 Good Game thread

The last few nights I've been on playing A3 again. A lot of fun to be had. We tried TvT last night but didn't have the numbers to really get it going. It was my first time trying to run a Zues TvT and I had a learning curve as well.

However we have done a couple of evenings of Incoming Mission that have worked out quite well. Last night I ran transport chopper and handled JIPs which was a nice relaxing change from getting right in the thick of it. That is until I got shot down. After 2 hours of successful landing near the AO I decided against my gut to try for an exposed LZ and paid the price. Was able to get to the ground safely with Dylan in the cargo space and rallied up with the infantry on the ground to complete the last of 4 objectives and win the night.

I always appreciate the back and forth, the sharing of leadership and the players we are bringing into our community. Thanks for the games gents.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: A3 Good Game thread

Had some of my own fun last night on Incoming Mission and a few other smaller missions recently posted by yourself. Good stuff.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Fun games again last night. I was sooooo tired and barely functional but was fun. Thanks to Charles for taking lead for a few hours on Incoming Mission. We needed a few more players to get a TvT started but it's getting closer. We have some more updated missions on the server this am fyi.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

nice games tonite... We have completed some crazy objectives on Enemy Assault 2.8.tg1... Many pubbies joined us and helped us. Great leading by Potato, Ramna, Hitokiri, Dimi. Looking forward to Sunday yo. I have planted some SURPRISES. My laughs are coming back... as evilly as ever.

Comment

We just took down Island 5 with 6 guys on Server 2. UAVs, UGVs, tanks and a very small infantry team. I wanted to shout out to the small team for a couple of reasons:

1. Island 5 is modified greatly in terms of what a player can do or how the enemy is placed/acts. Fear not.
          2. A quick AAR for a nicely executed gameplay.

Biggs, Potatonator, Ramna, OPS, Grunt, Woody, Vilky.... not all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
            We just took down Island 5 with 6 guys on Server 2. UAVs, UGVs, tanks and a very small infantry team. I wanted to shout out to the small team for a couple of reasons:

1. Island 5 is modified greatly in terms of what a player can do or how the enemy is placed/acts. Fear not.
            2. A quick AAR for a nicely executed gameplay.

Biggs, Potatonator, Ramna, OPS, Grunt, Woody, Vilky.... not all at the same time.
            Outstanding Leadership B great mission everyone!!

Comment

Redacted Thursday was a decent success. We had a large squad sized force (10-12 men) completing series of objectives thought up by our Zeus. Shout out to the FTLs (John, Ramna, Experiment).

We had everything including:
              • Small island Jungle fighting
              • Nightime diving and stealthy silenced takedowns
              • Raid on a dock in the rain at dawn
              • Full frontal base assault with clear skies and Rainbows

Thanks to SoloSniper for Zeusing and keeping us on our toes. We had several public players who joined in and blended in nicely.

Comment

I love hearing this.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I must say, that was one the best experiences I've had with the Zues missions. Thank you B for leading, you were great as always. Great job Zuesing Solo, I cant wait for Sunday...
                  sigpic

Comment

After a busy period, I was finally in for a night of gaming for TacTues as some Tactical Advance was planned. But no joy, only Ramna greeted me. After messing about in MCC, Solo made a mission for us to assault a military base which we did (6-8 guys with mostly drop-in pubbies).

But after that we played Clandestine Sunshine. Early dawn under darkness in the thick fog we moved in sneaking around taking down baddies with suppressed shots. With the marksman constantly over-watching us and giving intel and covering, We completed 3 objectives. The mission had a situation that developed as we acquired intel and more objectives popped up. Alas but, I had to leave. Sorry about bailing out prematurely. But it was late and I stayed up the night before. I want to tackle this mission and completely play it until we finish it some-day.

Roster:
                    Noyava
                    Solo
                    Pale Horseman
                    Giovanni (sp?)
                    siluento(sp?)
                    and a few other guys.

Good execution for the first 3 objectives. I had immense fun, I think it was the Arma withdrawal.

Comment

Dang I missed it all. My bad big time. Had an 11 hour shift at somewhere I shouldn't have gone....but it was fun. I'll make it up! Glad you guys had a good game and you have my interest peaked in this mission!
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

B (and all the other members of the squad) thanks for a fantastic TacTuesday.

The first three objectives were awesome, mostly under the cover of darkness we snuck through the trees and the grasses moving closer and taking out a wealth of EI along the way (slotted in as medic, so I got to SEE a lot of the action but was smartly held covering rear). After the second objective we had some fun with a few Enemy soft armor and men on a secondary ridge before heading out to “take out the AA position”.

Accomplish the third objective . . then B had to leave (oh wait B, you’ll wish you stayed after you hear the rest of this). I was medic but took SL and we sorted the 6-5ish men we had and moved out.

When we took out the enemy armor another objective had come up – “take out the HVT at the radar tower”. We begin our movement, but it appears the heavily guarded enemy base had us in their sights, not well enough as GL rounds landed behind us as we raced away from their view and put distance and mountains between us.

On the way to the objective we lost a few more men (had to depart as well) and by the time we got near the objective we were down to 4 men. All three in the team had AT and rather than a protracted firefight under-manned I decided for the “loud” approach. Three perfectly placed and timed PCMLs on the compound and the objective was complete . . . . then ANOTHER objective pops up “Meet the civilian in the nearby town”.

Since we were down to 4 I map out a rather “round about” approach to the location and it was a good idea. The town had a strong complement of EI in it (that we could see at the time). On our movement (we had picked up a few along the way so we were 2 quad bikes and the mobile hunter spawn and reload point) we encountered two full squads of men on patrol on a road outside of town (add a few more men and we’re back to full strength of 8).

Took the first squad out with relative ease, but the final men of the second squad were posing a real challenge given the distance and terrain, and we were beginning to gain attention from the EI in the town. So, again we made a run for it. Speeding to the meeting we made the objective without losing any men, and made the meet. THEN all he11 broke loose. Men and soft armor seemed to pop up everywhere. We had a heil for extract (but to where??), OH CRAP, ANOTHER objective. “Meet the pilot in the church in the center of town” . . .WHAT!!!!

I was bringing men up as fast as they would go down. Covering fire was excellent and our position was rather exposed. Our FTL (Thanks Frosty) made a plan and took a small group of those who were back “up” and flanked far right (from out location) to the end of the town and began a slow methodical clearing of the streets and the buildings.

At one point though they got caught and pinned in a two story brick building. I made it to the building and again we were deluged with EI from every possible direction. Bodies were piling up outside that just about covered the road and some building corners. As medic I was bringing men up as quick as I could and covering them when they were all fighting. We nearly ran out of ammunition a number of times but for the few that did have to respawn back at the mobile they would load up on ammo and bring us much needed mags forward to continue the fight.

We finally had a lull in the shooting and were able to get out of the building (after what seemed like hours of fighting) and we picked our way down the street, down an alley and to the next objective at the church. On our way we encountered MORE EI (Where are they all coming from?!?!?!!?) we make it near the church. The pilot is just standing there in the courtyard (bad spawn in the game logic I guess) . . . . nothing . . . I decide to take refuge IN the church and setup a CCP in case we get another wave if EI, and that is when it triggers the comms from the pilot and ANOTHER objective (make the madness end!!!!!) to “take out a complement of men at the power plant” and use the heilo to get there.

As we got closer to the “pilot objective” one of the squad decided to bring the mobile spawn point forward (un requested) and brought it a little TOO close and smashed it into a wall (there by disabling it). Not a good location as when men would spawn in the vehicle they would get mowed down by the MORE men that had moved in on the street.

With that we had no spawn point, the men were getting taken down as fast as they would spawn . . . and then . . . . The MOBILE spawn point blew up . . . . . mission over.

After so many objectives and so much excellent squad work and team movement (from a mission that clearly keeps throwing objectives at a small 8 man squad). We called it . . . and we called it a HUGE success.

Thanks to all that joined, and took part in any and all of it. AMAZING, and some of the most intense Close Quarters I’ve ever seen.

Good stuff guys, Thanks.

Solo

Comment

what the? Now I have to play this thoroughly..

Comment

Good games for this Tac Tues... We had a lot of new faces. It was getting interesting and I was ready to get the new one in then and there... But man, my lights went out. It is back on now, but I am hungry for some dinner and then a few SAMCRO episodes... I even had fun with just the four of us.

A few things as I have the some moments of freedom from restraint and modesty. When I first modified a mission and hosted an event, I was very protective and defensive. Even hostile to those who criticized. But nowadays, I try not to bring that side out of me. A mission goes, some people play it, good - bad - new players. Sometimes things go too smoothly or sometimes everything messes up. Instead of trying to make it a perfect gathering, I just embrace everything that happens. Losing against an overwhelming force? No problem for me.

At least that is what I aim for. Being the Zues is a tough work. They try to balance fun against challenge. So as a mission maker, I am sorry for picking on TacTues Zeus. I had fun playing different roles and embracing the challenges. After a few beverages in me, my restraint goes off the rails. Thanks for the night.

Comment

I had a great time running Tac Tuesday as Zues! |TG| B, Your comments were taken by me as purely constructive criticism.

Thanks to everyone who played, and I welcome all feedback on how I can make the next mission I run better!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X