Friday Night Fun! Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Friday Night Fun! Part 1

Oh man! It was definitely a good fight. Being an auto-rifleman had paid off this time. Started out being a gunner for the second Hunter. Good thing too. I have keen eyes ;). At waypoint 1, vic 1 ran over a AP mine without noticing. So we had a laugh.

We didnt take contact till we got to the dismount point while moving into town. B, Me, and I think Unkl were on over watch and took excessive contact.

We decide to RTB to grab the JIP's. Now up to three Hunters, we drive out to the dismount point again. But this time we got ambushed with AT from behind. Vic 2, and 3 were takin out. I was in Vic 3. My word exactly before the second AT round hit, "You know, I think that came from behind us." Then BOOM!

Both medics down, had to respawn. Took a 4th Hunter and took swift action against the enemy.

After dying even more, we took out the objective of destroying the cache, and Unkl taking out 4-5 specops with his bare hands! (Rifle)

About 6 minutes pass the the mission was called.

I also want to say good job everyone on that mission and ecpessily to B, with great leadership skills and good choices.
    sigpic

Re: Friday Night Fun! Part 1

I had a blast last night. I was soo tired but time flew by for 7 hours of great games. I had fraps running and although I never intended to hit the record button I somehow filled a 2 TB drive with video. I'll have to have a quick look through before I delete it all.

B, just a great job on leading last night my friend. That was a real pleasure. The fights to get to the objective were a lot of fun. Have to get back to work, more later.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Awesome gaming that was indeed. When we exploded on on that second trip I was talking with Dimi about my router troubles... and the way in mid conversation everything going boom felt like a movie scene. I enjoyed that part although it did not end very well for us. They ambushed us hard.

On another note, I finally figured out this Task Force Arrowhead mod. After my frustrations with some of the people not having the correct radio, I dug into the thread and found out to how to fix that... I am gonna update all my missions and we should finally have trouble free experience in terms of the radio mod. Sorry about almost daily update Unkl. But I am gonna bug you once more sometime today.

Comment

And I'll bug you for what you found out B. I wasn't impressed with the radio last night and resolved today to continue looking for a better fix for configurable coms. Why can't someone do a simple mod. 2 radios, 10 channels each...not 20 different key combinations, just channel up & down. Replaces your in-game radio with the short range version and a long range backpack/vehicle version. No fancy stuff that becomes a bug or a hinderance to getting people using it.

Heck, if BI gets von to a point where you can create von channels in game and have player tune into them as needed...that would be the cats pjamas. You just need a few more command channels to make platoon coms work, to be able to communicate with another group on their channel when your in a different group but not hear everybody.

It doesn't seem like that much to ask for when you have a game that is trying so hard to develop MP issues for performance of large player counts. What do large player counts matter if you can't communicate well. You have to turn your effects down so the VON is louder than the ambience, then the direct von becomes useless.

Anywho, I hope your fix is easy for TFR and I'll still be keeping an eye out for a more stream lined solution than TFR.

On another note: The mission we played next I quite enjoyed as well, although the radio problems on it were worse. Snakes & Ladders was not written for use with TFR and the way it allocates frequencies is a pain for JIP, and different groups. But, it is a challenging mission and not the kind of fight you usually see with generated missions in that it is attacking a fortified position after crossing a long bridge. I will add some more information to the briefing such as there are multiple tall guard towers and an approximation of enemy strength. I'm looking forward to seeing Dimitrius take another lead on this one as there is a lot of jobs for different teams to do and coordinate for in this mission.

Next version may include a contingency for the base to react to a force that appears to be moving in to attack a bit more. I would also work on custom gearboxes because the get going time on that mission was a little excessive. It's a simple mission for gear, a tricky mission for tactics, so you should be out of spawn in 4 minutes. Oh, and yes, the TWS scope is in there for a reason. ;)

Good leading by Beckner in my team and Dimitrius kept a good cool head despite being thrown a major curve ball. Good to see and very fun to play with you guys last night.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Looks like I missed the real fireworks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse