Tactical Strike 12-06-14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Tactical Strike 12-06-14

I believe the AARs build hype, spread info and ignite some Arma itch for those who read only... At least it is as so for me, as I have read the AARs and have been lured back into Arma several times during my planned hiatus-es. So like that, I am leaving one. A note for those who avoid, leave it here or hijack one of the generalized threads here, leave your AAR. If you have had a good time and wanted more people to show up, leave an AAR. I think they are an integral part of building a pulsing community.

I started my day trying to install the Tactical Strike mod collection. After going into withSix, I got frustrated. The thing is frustrating as hell. I watched Will's video. But it was outdated as I was not able to get the link anymore. After restarting this, trying that, and downloading a bunch if new stuff, and trying different things I finally got the mods.

Finally having all the TS stuff, I checked out Server 1. After a quick mission I lured them all into TS. Here are the synopsis of two missions we played:

1. Find an intel nearby and based on that, we assault a base.
    We did find that intel. We lost two men throughout with 4 men making it out alive with the objective completed. Silenced engagements one after another, we were wielding M4s. Tight time limit really had us going and moving to finish the objectives ASAP. Although heavy enemy concentrations were present in some areas, we completed the objective fast and in a timely manner and was able to extract to safety.

2. Ooooh this one I loved. A new product from Unkl himself, we were to sneak in and plant a tracker on a vehicle. Upon that we were to track that vehicle to a HVT. The mission is during a nighttime. The tension was tight outsiude the target building. We reahced the target vehicle after several skillful takedowns of bad guys. But once bullets started to fly and comms got cluttered, we killed our informant target. I loved the discussion before deployment, about how to approach this complex situation. I even loved our failure. Limited slots meant, we had veterans only. Still the mission was complicated and complex enough to trip us. I would love to try this again.

Anyway, this post was an advertisement for the Tactical Strike at TacticalGamer.

Re: Tactical Strike 12-06-14

I have a mission going up today as well.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I was on these missions with B. They were a blast! I've run NewBorn with a number of people leading and it's Always fun to see the widely varied approaches to the problem.

One memorable moment in this run was a gun fight I had with AI from about 5m. we both came around nearby corners, between the heavy fatigue and the surprise I dumped a full mag for a single wounding hit. The Enemy soldier unloaded full auto as I ducked back into cover and I was wounded. When I can back around after reloading i traded wildly inaccurate fire (fatigue + wound = lucky hits only) at semi auto. During the whole exchange Potatonator was down in the court yard to my left and the enemy solider kept taking shots at his down body. One round connected and Potato stopped moving for good!! Naturally my next rounded connected with the enemies head and he went down.

Everything became quiet. I called in a site rep, advised B that Potato was dead and I was wounded badly. I took one step to start crossing the 3m gap between the corner I was holding and the barn with medic inside when a single shot rang out and i collapsed to the ground.

Comment

Newborn is awesome. My latest tactic is to avoid the trees altogether and stick to the open areas. Sounds crazy, but if you are confident in your shooting and you never stop rotating your head, the added visibility I think is to your advantage. NV is a big enabler here.... now what if there was no NV..hmmm...

Comment

Dave, no NVG and Iron sites only run tomorrow? :)

Comment

Originally posted by CanaDave View Post
            Newborn is awesome. My latest tactic is to avoid the trees altogether and stick to the open areas. Sounds crazy, but if you are confident in your shooting and you never stop rotating your head, the added visibility I think is to your advantage. NV is a big enabler here.... now what if there was no NV..hmmm...
            He he. There is so much I wanna add to this but as the mission maker I must zip it and let you guys figure it out. But you are certainly not wrong. And, then B's approach the other night was a very good direction as well. Remember your ultimate goals in your mission. I will try to put up challenges. In Newborn, you are trying to draw forces away from the airfield. That is your mission purpose. Why go closer to it? Doh!, I said it.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

HoarseTrailed!

A four man team of SpecOps (Murray, Frosty, Sparrow, and myself) successfully tagged and tracked the informant, located his contact and plugged the leak.

At the start we only had three guys, so we loaded out with MP5SD's and planned to go in quiet as possible. In order to draw away guards and to eliminate the light we crept to the base of the light house and planted explosive charges. We moved silently down the beach to the east until we were east of Objective Hoarse and 400m south we detonated. Right about this time Sparrow joined in and geared up with a KPS LMG. He ended up engaging a large number of guards as they moved toward the destroyed lighthouse. His loud LMG fire kept enemy attention focused away from the Objective as we moved up to the objective.

We avoided all contact with guards until we were parallel with the informants house. While Murray and Frosty provided overwatch I ran across the road, dove past the informant staring out the window and tagged his car with 5 minutes to spare. I crawled back to the house Murray and Frosty were occupying. As we waited for the informant to leave we passed the time by listening to, the now wounded, Sparrow's updates on the radio as he slowly crawled through the woods avoiding the swarm of guards he had brought down on himself.

A couple minutes in a guard walked less than a meter away from the house we were in, right past the window I was looking out. He didn't react to me, but by the time I called out "Contact, CLOSE!" he was passing the window Frosty was watching and the guard reportedly raised his gun. So naturally Frosty opened fire. Bullets started flying at our house from every direction and I took a hit as I dove for the floor. I guess the guards had returned from investigating the exploded lighthouse and taken up positions all around us. We had a furious 5 minute gun battle during which time the informant fled the scene in his car. We tried to give chase, put got pinned down by heavy fire right as we pushed out of hte house we had been occupying.

Fortunately the informant took the roads to the West, where Sparrow had been moving, so we had someone in the area to track the beacon! It was a very lucky break indeed. Sparrow tracked the informant to his meeting and setup and overwatch position. The rest of us fought our way out of the town then moved west to meet up. Right before we caught up with Sparrow, he told us the informant was getting back in the car. I was sure he was mistaken, and knowing how many guards were around told Sparrow to hold fire. We arrived and setup with two guys to the south of the meeting and two on the east. As we launched our assault the car speed away north! We killed many guards and the enemy Officer but the informant was gone! Then as we were securing the nearby houses and trying to think what to do next the informant came driving back from the west along the road. Fortunately Sparrow was in a good position and at the same time I'm yelling at him to shoot the tires both front tires exploded. Always nice when the whole team's on task :) The informant foolishly jumped out of his car with a pistol raised and quickly went down in a hail of bullets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X