Dec 2014 - Tactical Advance - AAR's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Dec 2014 - Tactical Advance - AAR's

Post up a report after your session playing Tactical Advance here. Let the next group know what you found...what your intent was, what you suggest for the next "shift". This is the mission communication logbook!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Dec 2014 - Tactical Advance - AAR's

This persistent operation is underway... anybody can join and link up. The following objectives were completed thus far...
    • Settlement was taken right outside the base.
    • The radio tower at HILL 67 is taken down.
    • FOB on the beach is taken
    • RIGA tower is destroyed after a some insane firefight.
    • Easr Razor is seized.
    • We have the Motor Pool to ourselves now.

Both objectives had resistance but our four man team was able to prevail. Our small team is not moving to FOB objective to capture that opening the way to Peninsula Skopos.

Team Members:

Murray (SL)
    Woody (Medic)
    Scotty (AR)
    B (Demolitions)
    Unk
    Noyava
    Ninja
    and may more
    Last edited by hedgehog; 12-21-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

A small special forces team has conducted some operations around midnight on Altis with good success. The team including |TG| Will, WAScotty, Shuttlebunny and Ethan completed three objectives. The first, the warehouse North of the motor pool was heavily defended but a two pronged assault eventually saw the 15-odd defenders taken out. The team then grabbed an armed hunter and proceeded on an SAS-style mounted patrol towards the Xirolimni Dam. After arriving they spotted the enemy officer walking in open ground and quickly neutralised him. The team then moved in on foot with the vehicle supporting from a distance to clear out the enemy occupation.

Finally the team began to clear the area for air operations by taking out the AA vehicle on Hill 116, West of West Zaros. The team circled around North of Hill 116 and popped up over the next ridge line to take out the AA vehicle. Before the enemy could respond the team shot out a few AP rockets and pulled back to the motor pool.

The Recon team has now RTBd for some well earned rest. Who will be next to take up the challenge?
      sigpic

Comment

alone I continued where the four of us earlier left off. I worked on the airfield southeast of motorpool. Managed to knockout 1 aa to progress to capturing the airfield. knocked out a couple armored vehicles after that and some ground troops. its daylight in there now.

Comment

I did some commando work last night, cleared out the buildings of Dirmea without much trouble. One truck of troops dispatched by a PCML. I then moved on to the settlement south west of there. I found armored AA, but was out of missiles. The vehicle appeared stationary right next to a building, s I tried to sneak up on it to plant explosives. I made it safely to the opposite side of the building, snuck down the wall, peaked around the corner and the vehicle was gone! I looked around a second, heard sound of 30mm rounds firing and everything went dark...

Comment

A small squad including intelgamer, B, Scotty, |TG| Will, Noyava and Murray completed some more night time operations. After clearing Therisa and searching for intel, we determined that the enemy had moved the intel and so returned to base to rearm. We then attempted to take the airfield from the East, coming up along the coastline, but our initial ambush was unsuccessful and we were wiped out.

We decided on a change of tack and instead went after the armour base to the NW of the airfield. The small team took out two armoured vehicles, cleared a recon squad guarding the southern flank and then captured the base. We now have armoured vehicles available to us including an MLRS.

This move also opens up a northern approach on the airfield, which seems to have a lot more cover. This seems like the next logical objective to capture.
            sigpic

Comment

HQ with combined effort of their intel shops used satellite imagery on the northern airfield and determined the enemy troops were pulling out of the area after their main armor base on the east region was captured. A small reconnaissance team was sent to catch the remaining enemy off guard and capture what intelligence they could before it was destroyed by the remaining enemy.

Northern airfield was captured at 1800 and while most of the intelligence was destroyed the computer gurus were able to salvage part of one of the hard drives and intercepted communication of reinforcements incoming on a nearby pier to disrupt further progress north through guerrilla tactics and sabotage. A small force including Scotty and Murray were part of a small armored element to catch them by surprise. Murray and Scotty lead the brief charge and dispatched of 9+ enemy, some still in wetsuits, and cleared the pier allowing a safe passage for further northern assaults.

Captured: AAC airfield and Makrynisi pier, Airfield allowing access to 3 littlebirds, one armed and a troop transport carrier. We were able to salvage some RIB's at the pier that can provide use in the future.

Comment

Note: Mission restarted at 18:50 EST. Some ambient locations may be active again. Beware. Objectives have been restored to last known mission state.

Also, the AI settings have been dialed back to hopefully a more natural level. Feedback is appreciated.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Spawned in at the insertion point to be shot in the head right there. AIs are getting so smart they are spawn camping us I thought. So respawned at FOB and took a quadbike on a quest t reclaim our homebase. Novaya (medic) and Scotty (AR) joined in by this time. The difficulty seems pretty crazy as both Scotty and me got shot with 3 bullets as we breached into the base fast and furious. Luckily Novaya was a medic and got us up. Slow, slicing the pie approach worked better as Scotty gunned down the spawn campers.

Ramna joined by this time as a Grenadier. The four of us, after discussing which objective to hit, chose the Factory objective to the north. Driving up quite a bit, we reached the objective. Beasteast was also an AR who caught up with us at this time. After using the grenade launcher to dispatch some guards, as we manuvered, we saw an GMG ifrit outside. If Scotty didn't bring that PCML, we would have been toast. Scotty moved enough to get a nice side shot and bam... One shot and a fireball. Behind the fireball another ifrit is moving around. Luckily I brought another missile for him. Infantries started to pour out of the factory shooting at us. We exchanged fire back and forth. Scotty having taken my missile lets out another one towards the advancing ifrit. Two for two. With two ARs covering from the back back, Ramna and me pushed in to clear the remainders. There was an static AA and s mortar stationed there.

So after this one Scotty, Novaya and me was left as people dropped after a satisfying firefight. We headed to a rocky mountain top objective. AGIA Servino or something like that. The fighting there was nasty. The whole topside is nothing but rocks. AI shoot at you and then hide behind a rock. Close range combat to the fullest. After dispatching a few guys, the enemy who were guarding the hilltop retreated. We shot a few guys long range. Then some voices were heard closeby. Some stuck around. As we maneuvered on them a fireteam is advancing from afar like some kind of reinforcements. I started to shoot at one of the far targets. He replied to me with a dead accurate shot to my forehead. Scotty was hunting the close target and lost that battle. Novaya dispatched the far targets. Trying to recover us, the close targets shot him as he dragged my body. Although the objective is complete on that mountain top, I am afraid it will be crawling still.

Comment

Quick video of 2 hunter @ Factory. Warning volume right off the bat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT6Pf8jK0NU

Comment

Will & myself just took the Solar Panel array north of the Armour Base near the ACC Airfield. Just as I had to drop we were getting more players joining. Happy to report the AI are good again and looks like this will be stable a long time.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Intel, Lee, DanyInCanada and I then took the pier. I had to drop out to make a Skype call but I'll be back in for a couple of hours before the next Skype call!
                        sigpic

Comment

A couple of more hours of hard fighting (and respawning) and the Sagnoisi Pier and the island of Makrynisi are ours. The Sagonisi Pier saw one of the best PCML shots from Intel that I've seen in the game. he literally threaded the needle. I've got the video so I'll post it up in the next couple of days.

Intel and I were joined by a non-TGer William who seemed fairly new to the game but once he got the hang of it was a good part of the team. Dany also rejoined us for a while.

We had a good attempt at Poliakko but the enemy proved too strong and we had to retreat.

Merry Christmas all!
                          sigpic

Comment

Got a quick shift in early today. Managed to clear the enemy patrol that was stationed at Drimea and cleared the settlement at grid: 100101. That has made way for our advance into the south western part of the island. Merry Christmas.
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

we are fighting on the peninsula... Hill 72... Some pubbies = repeated tries... We need reinfo. Took the Castle at the peninsula is taken. But we need experience.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X