Incoming mission 2015- 01-05

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Incoming mission 2015- 01-05

Well I would like to discuss the mission to spread awareness as well as highlight a great session with Noyava in command. Thank to Solo and Scotty for stepping up team leads and doing a great job at it. The number of casualties were very low as the approaches were chosen carefully as well as team leaders were able execute flawlessly.

The mission itself is very much repayable (random objectives, locations and starting locs) and focused upon small unit one squad type of combat. Logistics are important as most of the vehicles do not respawn. Only the limited quadbikes respawn for JIP accommodations. The road to the AO is treacherous as well. With IEDs, roaming patrols, the road to reach the objectives might be as adventurous as the objectives themselves. In addition some civilian vehicles (which are sometimes booby trapped) are scattered in case of mishaps and lost vehicles.

The mission features the latest versions of TG stuff bundled in the TG folder in the mission (anybody can use it). The original mission is done by a guy named Ghost a long time ago. Still works and hella fun to play. Discuss the mission itself, as I have modified what is available. Also I am open to feedback on the revive system here.

I was not in the front lines... But from where I was, everything was smooth as butter. Good stuff to everybody who participated. My highlight was when a team snuck up on us from our flank on that last objective... I took down 2 guys while panicing as just me and Unk was in the back as the only medics.

Re: Incoming mission 2015- 01-05

Awesome mission - enjoyed it a lot. Our team made the full run with no real casualties so I have no comment on the revive system.

Initial deploy and load out - some crates seen by some and not by others. I saw one that guys in my own squad could not see. Not sure if it's by design or if it's a glitch.

other than that it ran well and the mission played very well. Not hard and with plenty for everyone to shoot at.

One comment on the EI - while I'd like to think that my excellent leadership and tactical command was the reason for our lack of casualties . . . . me thinks that maybe the EI needs some GIAI or ASR_AI like scripting to respond a little more realistically. We had a single team that we took down, and then a few minutes another team patrolled right by their dead bodies.

Thanks to Noyava for the excellent CO of the mission and to the men of RED team (Potato, Sparrow, HoBo, Eric, Someone?? and Rabbit for a bit) for their excellent work. And a thank you to Green Team for covering our butts on the last objective and seeing and taking out the soft armor target that was danger close to us.

Solo

Comment

We had an excellent squad on last night, so everything went very well. The Enemy, as Solo noted already, was not particularly attentive or aggressive.

We made our approach to the AO in a three vehicle convoy, with B gunning down a number of enemy patrols along the way. We reached our first observation point and scouted the edges of the objective town. One fire team was sent to flank the enemy position using the hills along the west, while the other team and I moved to the closest hills north of the town. The intent was to provide fire into town from two directions, hoping to destroy all the enemy armor and static HMGs in the initial moments of combat. Moments after Red team moved west the Medic and Engineer's hunter got blown up by an AT missile from a patrol we had missed to the north east. Green team and I raced back and killed the enemy, but too late to save our friends. A new team of medics were called in from base as we continued to move to our designated over watch positions.

Once both teams were in position we engaged and destroyed the enemy armor as planned. A large number of EI were also killed. No friendly casualties were taken. Once the visible enemies were destroyed, Green team moved down and destroyed the enemy artillery emplacement with explosives and began clearing the town. Red team moved east, closer to town, to cover the south end of town and control the road to the next objective (where I assumed any enemy reinforcement would originate). The fighting in town got very confusing, as Green team was moving between building engaging scattered EI, and I and the medics were moving around as well. Unfortunately Red team lost track of myself and the medics and mistakenly opened fire on our position. In the defense of Red team the road we were on was flanked by two story houses occupied by EI - so we were literally standing in the enemy line. Once again our only casualty was the medic! Poor Unkl... it was a tough day to be a medic.

We secured the town and rallied to prepare to assault the final objective on a hill just south of the town. We redistributed our dwindling ammo supply, and decided to press on rather than go back to base to resupply. We ended up fighting off a wave of mechanized infantry reinforcements with APCs. I had a very close encounter with one of them (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWXmr4HOA6A ), which arrived moments after we located the Device we were tasked with destroying. Enemy MRAPs and APCs were killed, the Device was destoyed, the Medics fought of a flanking attack that could have been very bad (Incoming Mission - Flanked - YouTube). Finally we completed our mission! I breathed a sigh of relief, and then save the new objective "Exfil" come in from command. We were 4 clicks from base with no vehicles left but a couple of quad bikes. I looked around and found some civilian trucks. As we began rolling out enemy helicopters appeared! As we had practically no ammo left I ordered a full speed retreat to base. A few minutes of wild, IED dodging, driving later every one made it safely back to base.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSoloSniper View Post
        Initial deploy and load out - some crates seen by some and not by others. I saw one that guys in my own squad could not see. Not sure if it's by design or if it's a glitch.
        The ammobox is local to the player. So only the player can see his own ammobox which have custom stuff in it for the role. Incoming mission also has random starting positions. It tries to find a nice flat area certain distance away from the AO and setup camp there... We did get unlucky with the swamp. Because of the bodies of water we lost our HEMMT at start as well as the ammo boxes were not exactly on the marker. I think most other spawnpoints would be much better.

Originally posted by MadSoloSniper View Post
        One comment on the EI - while I'd like to think that my excellent leadership and tactical command was the reason for our lack of casualties . . . . me thinks that maybe the EI needs some GIAI or ASR_AI like scripting to respond a little more realistically. We had a single team that we took down, and then a few minutes another team patrolled right by their dead bodies.
        This one I will pass up to the original author. The original author scripted all the enemy side of things. I am not good enough to touch that complication yet. Sometimes the fight becomes very tough for these missions. I think the yesterday's team did and excellent job handling that mission.

Noyava, great videos.

Comment

Which is short hand for "WE ROCK!!!!!!!?. Great job Red (and Green) teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't beat how we managed those objectives (Noyava with excellence in commanding)

Good use of spreading us out for cover. Good use of drawing fire and providing covering fire. And mostly (red team) Awesome use of firepower (but we did seem to be shooting wildly on some of the longer targets).

Thanks for the thoughts of the setup of the mission B. Can't wait to play Incoming Mission again, no matter what it throws at us.

Solo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X