Invade Altis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Invade Altis

A mission with multiple stages and multiple bases simulating the invasion of Altis. So this mission has something that saves its state with the server and loads it back everytime we play it (either done by BIS or the mission). The mission itself is massive with about 10 stages. Last night we completed stage 6 and I called it a night. Looks like a group stayed behind and took on Stage 7. I dunno if they finished that stage or not... So I wanted to start a thread to tell tales and keep everybody up to date.

I played when we started the whole from stage 1. I think I was there during stage 2. Stage 3 and 4 must have been completed sometime. I think I was there during the long walking battle that was stage 5.

Stage 6 was played and conquered yesterday night. I came in a rifleman. I did not even gear up and jumped straight into the AO. Dimi was running the show and I was appointed a FTL with a couple of guys. The AO was the main airfield of Altis. We approached the airfield and started the fight. Well it turned out to be a sustained 2 hours of firefight as my team grew in number. We attempted several pushes, withdrawals, maneuvers all while under fire constantly. They did not want to give up that airfield.

A few things stand out in my memory... We finally fought our way into the airfield and was able to approach the radio tower. While Maj.S was planting the explosives a chopper came in and dropped in bunch of paratroopers. We all rush into the airfield terminal and take positions on the second floor. The radio tower blows up and the enemy infantries land on the ground. I was inside the room as our guys started to return fire... 4-5 guys in one balcony. Bullets came in and hit the glasses, walls around us. I was completely dry and out of ammo on my main gun after 2 hours of constant firing. I switched to my sidearm and started to shoot trying to help... The whole scene was like out of a movie.

After mopping up and and taking that objective, I logged off and tried to go to bed. The whole firefight from start to finish ran through my mind, and I was just too hyper from a great session. I could not sleep for about an hour. Great games last night. Special thanks to those who fought along with me and executed every fall back order with precision: Hitokiri (GR), Liam (AA), Maj.S (Medic), Frosty (FTL), jacob (LMG), marcus (MMG).

Re: Invade Altis

Great AAR B. I've been away too long.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Come ~~~~ Back ~~~~ Grunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . .We (I) miss you . . . . . . . :-)

Hope all is well my friend, get back to us soon,

Solo

Comment

thank you MSS. I will update tonight and look for you this weekend.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

We assaulted Tontos Bay this afternoon. I split my time between being a driver , a bullet magnet, and a medic training dummy. Good times all around :)

Hat tip to Conner for taking team lead for Bravo. He kept us on task and moving well. We managed to bag a few pieces of enemy armor and,with the expection of when the Enemy AA ripped into us, held our hills against several counter attacks.

Also of note - we managed to keep a Marshall alive against, and destroy, several enemy AT infantry and the previously mentioned Tigris. Thanks to Jeffery (driver) and Liam (gunner) for listening to my directions as Vic commander. We were running well by the end of mission, maneuvering and firing like pros :)

Comment

Everybody who played today did great but the men in my squad did absolutely amazing I was honored to lead you guys everyone listened to me well and I feel like it ran super smooth thank you all and I sure hope i get to lead you all agian very soon.

Thank you Unkl for commanding and Rudolf for leading Alpha.

Comment

Stage 9 is complete. A firefight among the trees and forests... Stage 10 is right in the city of Kavala. I wonder if the resistance will so much... Stage 8 was completed with a team of 6 max.

Comment

Tried to do Stage 10 with three men after B left, we sneaked in to get the radiotower but got discovered halfway to it through town (Kevala) and died only a houndred meters away in a small house all cramped on space to move around. On the way there we found plenty of tanks lurking around that we could not see from an OP so it was a fun session to move from house to house in mid-day ingame with gunships and lots of patrols as well

I like invade altis so far, I havent played it much yet. I expect stage 10 to be fairly easy with a good number of people, I hope to be there to complete it
                - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...