Tactical Tues - Sept 22/2105

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Tactical Tues - Sept 22/2105

While I love running as AR I must say that being a priority target has it's drawbacks.

First got kitted up and out in the field with Experiment I MEAN XORRILIZ in the lead. Woot! Then the Chinese food arrived and man you know don't bother eating Schezuan Beef after the Hot & Sour soup....it's not as hot and you won't taste it properly. But the Moo Goo Guy Pan was amazing. Then my fortune cookie said "Don't hesitate to do what you feel is right". So I left the dishes for everyone else and went back to Bornholm!

Well, mission was over. Somehow I needed healing and then they made me lead. So we get to the eastern side of the island to take down a tower, and get slammed by infantry in the trees over & over. They can see us but we don't see them. Still, after 1 wipe we managed to work our way in there and get the tower down. Really great work by everyone! B was leading the second fire team, everyone pulling together fantastic.

Then, the last mission we played was another awesome assault, this time put together by Zues (Woesterudolf). B lead the squad and Grunt was the other FTL. So much fun assaulting the enemy base. Just a perfect amount of infantry to take on. We got pinned several times but managed to fight through. Then the "holy crap" moments of armour pinning us inside barrack buildings. Still, managed to weasel out somehow.

Thank you so much for a really fun night all!
    Last edited by Unkl; 09-23-2015, 11:28 AM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Tactical Tues - Sept 22/2105

[MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION], Yeah... About those EI hiding in the trees and rocks. You guys were SUPPOSED to land South of the Objective who could resist using a freakin' Castle as an over watch position? Do I need to put up signs next time? :)

The enemy plan was for you push through light resistance on the south. Then the platoon of infantry in the trees was going to ambush you once the tower was destroyed. All squads on the northern bills were ordered to stay low and go radio silent. The enemy tried to reset their ambush when you flew over them and landed in an unexpected direction. Unfortunately the radio silent order made getting the squads redeployed difficult. Only about half of them maneuvered east and south. The position they took up to the east proved a perfect ambush position for the second assault wave that did approach from the south. :)

I had a great time running missions all day. Thanks to everyone who lead a team into battle. B lead the first, then Axis, then MrCheribum (first time FTL, did an amazing job!), then Xor, Unkl, and B again.

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
      [MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION], Yeah... About those EI hiding in the trees and rocks. You guys were SUPPOSED to land South of the Objective who could resist using a freakin' Castle as an over watch position? Do I need to put up signs next time? :)
      I was in the hellcat's copilot seat and may have spotted you peeking from the castle walls along with some EI outside the castle... rudolf there for aborted the landing and we scouted the objective out before landing north :)

I like the fireteam madness kinda thing which we did but I dislike the map. it was fun none the less, well lead all
      - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
        I was in the hellcat's copilot seat and may have spotted you peeking from the castle walls along with some EI outside the castle... rudolf there for aborted the landing and we scouted the objective out before landing north :)

I like the fireteam madness kinda thing which we did but I dislike the map. it was fun none the less, well lead all
        Funny how that goes. I loved the map. But maybe just because it was different. it does have FPS issues and I had a hard time making my way through the brush sometimes. You know sometimes it was like we were playing ARMA 2 what with the ARMA 2 Buildings and all.

I loved the elevation differences we encountered. Much more dramatic than Altis. The foliage was very full and that made the fighting difficult and intense.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed