• Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Tactical Tuesday - RHS Edition -1/5/2016

Mission list run tonight.

- IED Factory
    - Scout and secure Galati
    - Gas Station Hunt
    - Battle for the HIP at Rogain
    - Kavala Cache hunt (AKA - A Cache too Far)

Thanks to everyone who participated and lead teams.
    Last edited by Noyava; 01-06-2016, 12:15 AM.

Re: Tactical Tuesday - RHS Edition -1/5/2016

Tonight was another great night of missions.

The first mission i was a part of we had to secure a Russian helicopter on Stratis. We were holding this compound on all sides and took quite a beating defending this helicopter. We were split up into multiple teams of two that were assigned to different watchtowers or entry points Cap.S and myself were tasked in a watch tower slightly outside the base and took on a few baddies that tried to sneak up behind the rest of the team. My favorite moment had to be when Cap.S and I left our watchtower to investigate an enemy contact and a Russian BTR came flying around the corner and thank god Cap had a SMAW to hit it with saving us both from certain destruction. After that the compound got hit hard by land forces and a enemy jet and it was down to just Cap.S, Cody and Myself when Cap went to revive a team a lovely enemy AI came around the corner and hip fired him to death with a pistol :) we were able to revive the unit and complete the objective.

The second mission we were tasked with finding and destroying three weapon cashes in Kavala, My team consisted of Gumpy as FTL, Grunt Medic, DMZ Scout as AR, Myself as AT, Sparrow assistant AT, mmetully as Marksman i believe. We were a great team that worked together very well knowing each other and working as one cohesive unit, unfortunately we made the mistake of leaving the staircase open and a lovely AI *Noyeve* snuck up behind us and killed out the 4 out of the 6 of us thanks buddy :). We worked together as Alpha being the front team and Bravo doing a lot of over watch work which allowed us to move threw the town fast with a lot of efficiency we were able to destroy all three catches but it was quite the difficult fight with a good amount of enemy Armour and infantry both of the team worked together great and Dimi and the command team was able to hold the whole thing together and allow it to run smoothly. Rabbits team did great and i heard he was a excellent commander which is great to hear. I learned that shotguns are complete garbage and i do not recommend them at all :) however using a SMAW is a lot of fun and i found the M27 IAR to be a great rifle and recommend checking it out next time we use the RHS mods. All in all this was a great night of gaming, a big thanks to everyone who showed up and i hope to see you guys again next time. Thanks for gaming with us at TG.

Your friend (i hope) Connor,

Comment

I was in Bravo Team for last mission (Cache Hunt). This is my first post so I would like to say. . As always, the leadership and direction from the top down was stellar. I am glad that there are solid members who continually step forward to take on the arduous task of planning out the mission, taking care of the comms and keeping all teams focused on the objectives. The discipline expected from all during operations is one of the reasons why I continually return to the TG Arma server. The no-bull**** approach while maintaining a sense a humor, when appropriate, makes it worth my time to roll out with TG.

As far as the Mission ARR, I can really only speak to the actions of Bravo Team, as a 249 gunner. Gumby was our team leader. I thought our movement was well executed from the time we departed friendly lines up to the final push on last cache when we collectively were wiped out by a lone rifleman behind an up-armored tree. The use of an over-watch element to provide cover for the bounding team was successful, well executed and communicated. The team moved through the streets quickly while maintaining an aggressive posture (guns up, all angles covered). Our medic, Grunt, did an excellent job at keeping the team combat effective by staying on top of casualties. Connor was spot-on with the SMAW. I think the use of long range fire power that the AR's, Snipers and well-scoped long rifles can bring to bare did a good job of keeping reinforcements at bay when they were allowed to engage at a distance (500 meters at times).

I liked the idea that Rabbit? had by designating an assigned member to assist the medic when a casualty occurs. I believe the intent was to make it clear who goes for the downed man so sectors of fire discipline and security is maintained while addressing the wounded. I liked that the overall mission commander, Dimi, did a good job of coordinating the mission from up front while not getting too bogged down with the fire teams. Good times with good people, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| Connor View Post
        I learned that shotguns are complete garbage and i do not recommend them at all :)
        I'll just leave this here. Because I warned you about those shotguns.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ Scout View Post
          The no-bull**** approach while maintaining a sense a humor, when appropriate, makes it worth my time to roll out with TG.
          You have continually impressed me [MENTION=1877011]Scout[/MENTION]. Thank for spending your time with our members.

For what it's worth, the Irregulars could use a member like you.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Thought I'd share some screenshots with captions of the time I was present.

#1: Me, acting as AR for night time IED factory raid. Our AT had just destroyed one BMP outside the barracks we'd garrisoned. The fire made NV mode too bright.

#2: Same room. Medic helping Noyava with security over his shoulder.

#3: Pre-flight checks on the UH-1Y Huey "Venom" helicopter.

#4: Me, flying transport and close air support on a village assault. Very target rich environment. Cockpit looks nice without NVGs.

Comment

Those were some great missions and even better teamplay. I participated in last two missions (securing a helo and destroying caches) as a SAW gunner. The mission with a helo started fairly slow but we were able to safely advance towards Camp Rogain and take it with minimal casualties. The defense was much harder, although I happened to be in a perfect spot (Northern tower) for my weapon and was able to repel two squads of enemy infantry, and then suppress some stragglers from other squads. I wouldn't be able to do that without the help of my team leader and the AT soldier who took out the BTR that was coming for us (I forgot who it was, sorry... was it Xorlliz?). Eventually I got shot, revived, moved out to secure the perimeter and got shot and killed this time so I didn't exactly see what happened next, but we were victorious. One thing I did learn is that 1000 rounds of 5.56 is not enough if you plan to hold your position for extended periods of time. Luckily there was a Humvee with few more boxes of ammo, but if we were to go on a dismounted mission it would be a good idea to have every team member carry extra 100-200 rounds.

In the second mission I was a bullet magnet. We all were, but I think I got wounded and revived about 10 times throughout the mission (thanks Loaffy!). We cleared most of the city in the search for caches but eventually we found and destroyed all three. Clearing rooms with a M249 was a lot of fun and proved to be very good strategy (no need to reload so you can push aggressively), although sometimes I got reckless and ended up with some gunshot wounds, so the next time you see me carrying a SAW please "dummy cord" me to the team leader ;)

Splitting into two distinct squads with separate radio channels was also a good idea. I know there were some issues with long range radio, but the platoon leader and the squad leaders were able to communicate effectively. Communication within Alpha squad was almost perfect. I always knew where I was supposed to go, I was aware of all contacts, and there was no unnecessary chatter on the radio. Our squad leader also did a great job of taking control and setting some ground rules (e.g. we were all assigned to a buddy team and were only responsible for supporting/rescuing our own buddies, so there was no confusion as to who is supposed to drag the wounded guy to safety). On that note, I need to commend Redhead for saving my butt multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shenanigan View Post
                and the AT soldier who took out the BTR that was coming for us (I forgot who it was, sorry... was it Xorlliz?).
                Sure was!, a 250m iron-sight hit on a moving BTR because I forgot to bring the SMAW's scope.
                OK! I admit it, it wasnt that hard. I waited for it to move in a straight line and the ranging (which I apparently cant change on the SMAW without a scope) was set to 250m so I fired 25m ahead of it or so since it moved moderately fast.

Overall for the event, I enjoyed gas station hunt and playing on stratis because it almost feels like a new unique terrain, I quit before the last mission in Kavala.
                - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

My fire team was lead by Rabbit, who did a great job. He directed us to use a buddy system so everyone knew who they were responsible for stabilizing until a medic arrived. We assaulted Kavala from the South with other FT's and proceeded to clear buildings. Our first test was a BTR patrolling the southern end of the city. My FT dug in and observed as the other FT (Bravo?) flanked and took it out. No casualties, well done. After it was immobilized, both FT's swept up the surviving enemy crewmen. We suffered early casualties in a compound rigged with mines, then took sporadic enemy fire before clearing the area. Medics did a great job at getting us back in the fight. The next compound we cleared contained the first enemy weapons Cache. The demolitions team rigged it to blow and we were on our way.

Getting into the heart of Kavala we began to encounter stiff resistance. While no more armor was encountered, accurate enemy fire took its toll on us at some points. We had just about reached our objective and cleared the city when i had to jump out for the night.

I had a really great time. It's refreshing to play with guys who are all on the same page about how to play ArmA.

Comment

I was there for the last two missions. I was Fire Team Lead for the first and Medic for the second.

AAR for the first mission I was in, I see a lot of personal growth I need to do to get back to my comfort level for leading a FT. I seem to have gotten rusty and let my squad kind of run the pace more then me taking charge. we took the compound with little resistance and took a stand in providing security to the south and east sides of the compound. We took a lot of casualties, but somehow completed the mission.

For the second mission, I was Medic for FT Alpha. I had a ton of fun during this mission. Rabbit had us basically break down into 3, two man teams. A blue team, red team, and teamlead and medic. We hurried into action and quickly bound from point to point. our first obstacle was a mine field witch we navigated pretty well. (I only had to revive 3 of you) With the way were speeding over the terrain, we were able to find all three of the caches, I personally got to blow up the second one and a wall that was in our way. :D After last night I feel extremely comfortable in a medic role, and I can't wait to do this again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X