Operation Seagull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Seagull

Operation Seagull - discuss it all you like. I would like to read following: issues that you had (I know there were lots of audio issues), what you would like was different and what was good about it. And of course describe the events that happened as is what an AAR should be for.

Event started properly at 2100Z, ended at approx. 2400Z due to lots of audio issues

*Completed AAA defense task and investigating the shoreline task
    *Cleared about 2-3 sqkm of land of CSAT infantry, recon, snipers, motorized and light mechanized roadblock
    *Flew in some supplies from Kastro Castle (Hunter HMG/Cargo Arsenal FOB)
    *Destroyed one pawnee, one hummingbird, one ghosthawk
    *Service vehicle (Bobcat), tracked APC (Panther) and unarmed MRAP Hunter was abandoned and given into enemy hands
    *Chinook disabled at base

*Enemy casualties consists of approximately 2x diver teams, 2x boats, 2x Sub SDVs, 4x choppers, 2x UGV's, 2x sniper teams, 6x small recon teams, 4x infantry squads, 1x Wheeled APC, 1x armed Ifrit.
    Few enemy assets were left on the field to be re-used by CSAT forces

Command has decided that the efforts of the mission went well but too many assets at base were lost, and only a portion will be replenished for next mission-day should there be one.

Link to Event post: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...us-Event-2030Z

Edit: NOooooo! I forgot to screenshot the messed up base that we had after the mission with walls and camouflage nets having been rammed down, choppers having crashed, mortars making holes by exploding in the base protection :)

Before mission:

Before mission (HQ Base):

After mission:

Last edited by Xorilliz; 01-13-2016, 09:26 AM. Reason: Edit, casualty numbers
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Re: Operation Seagull

I had a blast playing your mission, other than the sound problems, which I didn't experience, was really smooth. We had vehicles and armor at our disposal, all the objectives were close enough, so there wasn't any time wasted. Something I really liked was having to deal with a sniper(s), trying to discover his position base on sound and feedback from squad members in different areas, as experiment626 said "being on the other side of sniper fire sucks".
    I had a great time, looking forward for more missions like this one, congrats Xorilliz.
    |MPL TRACE|

Comment

Two things...

Sounds like fun was had and "being on the other side of sniper fire sucks" is definitely something [MENTION=6577]experiment626[/MENTION] would say =)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I guess the Zeus will write an AAR on the highlights of this mission that had a population of max and average ~10 players then.

It all started with three brave, adventerous and dangerous men with Experiment626 in the lead whom decided to take on the first Secondary task, to investigate noises near the shoreline to the North-west.

Experiment626 and his medic took a hike to the objective area while their third man was on a Mortar on a nearby hillside (which they had no idea was occupied by CSAT forces on the other side of the hilltop).
        The two men strolled down to the first compound in fear of that the almighty Zeus had cooked up big surprises for them, but to no avail, no action was to be had. With building after building cleared, they double-checked everything and decided that this intel must be mistaken, until suddenly they took fire from a CSAT scout spending several mags not 50 meters from them down by the rock cliffs on the coastline. They flanked around the cliff to discover the Assault boat, two Submersibles and ammo boxes that were on the beach, followed by both getting immediately shot to death by two rapid shots from one of the boat dismounts. Had he not died, that CSAT-man would have likely evolved into a sniper.

The mortar-man who had fired rounds down-range on the beach went to the rescue, and the three moved down to clear the beach. One of them took silent fire, and they all curiously looked around. Not until proof appears in the form of a diver arising from the water did they take action to return fire and kill the man.
        The (approximate) quote of a man unknown to me reminds me still, "Those SDV's carry four people each"... Another diver moved up decisive into killing them, but failed. They blew up the CSAT supplies with the help of an incoming Little Bird supply drop of explosives and returned to base without knowing of the six other divers laying dead in the bottom of the ocean with mortar shrapnel all over them.

So ends the shoreline task and begins the treacherous AAA defense task...

There were more players at this point, around six now. A driver, gunner for the AAA and 3-4 in an MRAP moving South-west up a close-by hill. Again looking for surprises divers, they moved up there and awaited the incoming helicopters, boats, jets and the like. With a quickly succeeding task, they found themselves immediately in trouble.
        Their heavily armored AAA is taking fire, shot after shot until its turret and tracks are disabled and immobilized. Their infantry desperately searches for what they assume is a sniper and after 50 .50 caliber rounds spent this CSAT sniper was clearly worse than the shooter on the beach having killed none of the infantry out in the open on the hillside.
        The players RTB'd to move in with renewed vigor and more players to deal with the sniper, upcoming town, the surrounding treacherous hilltops filled with recon units and the following mechanized roadblock. Here ends the highlights of my AAR.
        - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

+1 Xorilliz
          Yep, taking what was going to be an almost nul night and making something of it. This is going to blossom into a really great ongoing event. Thank you for all your effort.

I also appreciate the AAR from Zues. Anyone who has done Zues will know. Even if the players are not checking their six and that team of enemy AI come strolling by half an hour after you placed them...sometimes you get accused of spawning them in just to be heartless lol. You tell 'em Zues ;)
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
            +1 Xorilliz
            Yep, taking what was going to be an almost nul night and making something of it. This is going to blossom into a really great ongoing event. Thank you for all your effort.

I also appreciate the AAR from Zues. Anyone who has done Zues will know. Even if the players are not checking their six and that team of enemy AI come strolling by half an hour after you placed them...sometimes you get accused of spawning them in just to be heartless lol. You tell 'em Zues ;)
            Don't forget that AI are "Aimbots with inhuman accuracy and reflexes" - until someone is Zues then the zues player was *definitely* controlling every enemy that kills anyone. lol :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X