Tactical Tuesday - SAM/Gorgona - March 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Tuesday - SAM/Gorgona - March 2

Unlimited arsenals sessions, no arsenal sessions (hooking with the pre-gear), intense firefights with lots of smoke and suppression and the pesky enemy locations that were so heavily fortified that we were the ones to get killed, not the opposition. Let's hear some of them AARs and feedback of the mods and mission! ;)

Mission lasted from 1900z to 0300z - 8 hours of clearing 6 sqkm of an Island with mostly rough forest terrain but also towns and compounds.

Edit: Oops, its supposed to be March 1... lol its 4.30 AM here for the SAM people at March 2. exhaustion is no good on me
    Last edited by Xorilliz; 03-01-2016, 10:31 PM.
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Re: Tactical Tuesday - SAM/Gorgona - March 2

The Ambush: Experiment626 lead a squad right into my CSAT's trap. A small force acted as bait in the buildings mark TG Position 2, and where engaged by TG squad from TG Position 1. As the TG squad advanced into those buildings they discovered a CSAT IFV in the warehouse across the street. That managed to pin the squad down long enough for 3 other squads to move in from East, north, and south. I watched from above as the firefight grew steadily more intense. Things looked really bleak when a daring CSAT soldier ran up and threw frag grenades threw the window into the CCP (those CSAT guys have NO mercy!). In the end the TG squad prevailed and went on to the next surprise.

The next surprise was a set of 4 .50 cal statics (thanks to [MENTION=30401]LowSpeedHighDrag[/MENTION] for the suggestion to put static weapons "everywhere"). It was wonderful to watch a squad filled with such confidence, such esprit de corps. Marshall Petain would ahve been proud! One by one they each tried to rush the door, paying no mind to the warning written in blood by the bullet riddled corpses of their comrades. I imagine they each thought either "I'm so much faster than that last guy.". or "I'm sure they are our of bullets now!", or perhaps "I didn't want to walk home anyway..."

Earlier in the day we tried a hostage rescue operation. Some argued that the mission was successfully because we "denied the enemy their access to the hostages." We will see how that holds up at the court martial.

And here is the squad moving out to attack an enemy tank platoon. We were almost thwarted by chain-link fences, but we overcame all difficulties! Thanks to CapS123 for taking lead on this challanging mission. Never easy to take on 4 tanks + a platoon of infantry with only 8 guys.

Comment

Re: Tactical Tuesday - SAM/Gorgona - March 2

First off thank you Noyava for running MCC for 8 hours! And all our leaders.

And another 3 highlights for me that weren't mentioned:

That one short charge downhill into a part of the larger Town where Noyava had garrisoned it automatically with an Ares function in such a way that there were 10-20 EI per building. When I was halfway down the hill I was prone and looking into a single building with precisely that many! I was shooting and reloading like crazy killing almost all of them and then the last one got me :(. It was an awesome charge though, even while outnumbered. Without all the smoke grenades and rounds coming downrange we would have never survived for so long.

I was half asleep flying the Little Bird this night. Landed on a fence, flew violently... At least we supported our ground vehicle mounted weapons squad in getting back to base by killing as Noyava said, 3 EI and suppressed the rest. In most cases I would have gotten shot out, or someone.

Sparrow with his new favorite gun, the MG3 or its Swedish designation Ksp94, he could only carry I think 3x120 rounds at once... 7.62mm... with a Rate of Fire at over 1000 RPM... He rarely had an Assistant MG around so no wonder he was down to a pistol all the time. I tended to stick to A-AR and A-AT a lot, especially A-AT as the AT doesn't have rangefinders. On the subject, I don't think we tried to buddy up as much as I hoped we would with that role system. To give an example, AARs had 22 mags and 3 belts, other rifle roles had 8-11 mags. the standard MG which sparrow didn't use had about 99x8 rounds + 99x9 on A-MG. I think his MG had more realistic weight however. All rifles worked great all around: Ak4, Ak5, Ksp 90, Ksp 58, Ksp 94, PSG-90 Sniper (I am looking at you Experiment ;)) Seems like we got to use them all except for the default 58 MG, I never saw that one around. I think I could have done some pre-gears a little better by now.

Issues were TFR (I assigned radios in pre-gear, my fault) and Gorgona may not have been the best map, but what do I know, it was fun fighting in it most of the time for me.
      - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...