Tactical Tuesday - March 8th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Tactical Tuesday - March 8th

I thought it was about time to have fun with you guys. I joined in late just in time to get to the cache and extract.....sort of. From leaving people dead in the streets to premature detonations, it was all fun for me. Including the extract mishap at the end XD

GLHF to in the future.
    sigpic

Re: Tactical Tuesday - March 8th

Welcome back Beckner. Joined us at our Tac Tuesday event too. Don't forget to join our TeamSpeak (with Task force radio) for more pew pew.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

63 second highlight - twitch

I got almost 8 hours in yesterday with the best gameplay this week. I still feel bad about leaving B to the JIPs on his own while me and Noyava was a sniper team... Someone took sniper before we started, Noy took Spotter, the Sniper deslotted and when noone took it for a while I did instead... since everyone else was an assault team it might be fun for you to watch what it looked like from above - its on my 7 hour recording on twitch at 06:00.00 and to the end.

Good to see you back ingame Beckner, I think I heard you talking to me near the end on the hilltop? I was so tired with all the noise going on and didn't pay much attention.

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot this extraction at the very end: 22 second highlight
      Last edited by Xorilliz; 03-09-2016, 07:15 AM.
      - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

It was a pretty wild night, filled with daring helicopter landings and many deadly helicopter crashings.

Started with a few guys attacking an ammo cache and radio tower in Kore. The team was myself Hummel, Dustin, BrownA, and CapShawn. We were joined by Frodo, Xorilliz and B about 15 minutes in. Xor joined as Marksman so naturally the first round out of his rifle was right into my face at point blank range. At least he didn't miss, right? :)

We fought some MRAPs up close and personal, and cleared many occupied houses looking for the cache. Once we found it we blew it and the whole block around it bits, just to be sure. On our way out of town we ran right into an enemy APC that was parked RIGHT where we planned our exfil LZ. We used some recently borrowed unguided AT rockets to disable it and kill the crew as they jumped out. Then our brave helicopter crew (Frodo and Hummel) came in for a landing, saw the wrecked APC, freaked out and unloaded every round of munitions their Hellcat had onto it while screaming "wave off, wave off" to each other on the radio. We assured them they had killed the "very dangerous APC wreck" and could return. Then we all went home in time for tea.

After that we were tasked with a Raid on Sofia to kill an enemy commander. We had a bit of a rough time getting into town. Our pilots might have still been feeling a little agitated by the APC incident and determined to prove they had nerves of steel, so they agreed to my horrifyingly close to the enemy position LZ. You can see the results of that first pass in Xor's 60 second clip posted a few replies above.

The secondary LZ proved better and we proceeded to move into town from South to North neutralizing enemy strong points and fighting of a seemingly endless stream of patrols. Our numbers grew as we went, thanks to the Pilots for keeping the JIP transport running smoothly. We all fit in a single armed Hellcat on the way in and needed a Mohawk on the way out.

After that BrownA lead a daring raid on an enemy power plant. I was leading Alpha Squad, while Dustin stepped up as a first time SL to lead Bravo. Technically we volunteered to be team leaders, but by the time we got to the field our "fire teams" had 9 people each. I can't say what happened to Bravo for sure, but I hear they had a rough LZ and things didn't seem to get much better for them. Alpha made it to the factory, executing a textbook bounding maneuver, killing an enemy MBT along the way.

The Exfil from the factory proved more daunting. Bravo was caught crossing open ground to the LZ by enemy reinforcements. Alpha had to disembark the helicopter and move to protect Bravo while they collected casualties. Originally I dispatch Experiments fire team from the helicopter, in retrospect I should have gone all in with the full squad as soon as I realize Bravo was in trouble. (things got really bad when a troll decided to get out of the helicopter and plant explosives under it :( ) Alpha squad ended up pinned down behind short rock walls, and had to crawl to saftey, patching up wounded as we went. When we made it to a relatively safe building we found 2 guys from Bravo were with us, and most of Alpha was red on ammo. Fortunately we made it to the second exfil helicopter and escaped with (most) our lives.

I took over command again for the next operation, which required the destruction of an AAA vehicle in the town of Dorida. Experiment and MPL Trace were my trusted squad leaders. Experiment had the AirCav squad and Trace was leading the mechanized unit. We moved into position to start our carefully planned two pronged assault on the town when LowSpeed (rifleman AT) decided to take a shot at an unknown armored contact he could just barely make out in the middle of town. Seconds later we realized that was the objective, and it had been successfully neutralized. The Mechanized team made a feinting attack at the town to give the AirCav time to exfil (the enemy started swarming up the hill at them after the rocket attack. The IFV crew (Loaffy, CapS, and Xorilliz) did a good job keeping their vehicle alive under combat and the whole team was able to make our escape.

After this B took command and lead an operation in Pyrgos that I was not able to witness. I left right after the first helicopter crashed on approach, and when I returned an hour or so later the team was RTB with all tasks completed.

This was when we switched from AAF to CSAT for the final mission of the day. B was gracious enough to continue commanding. I took a slot as Spotter for a new join who was going to play Sniper, I figured I could keep him on task as a team asset rather than a lone gun. Then he switched roles without me realizing and I ended up spotting for Xorilliz. I spent an hour and a half sitting on various hill tops with Xorilliz and LowSpeed (JTAC) - and later joined by mmeTully. It was an interesting experience, and a very different way to observe an urban battle. I prefer to be with the front line infantry, fighting house to house, but I had a good time. Hopefully our work disabling MRAP and IFV turrets, and marking tanks for air strikes, was useful to the assault teams.

Comment

Thank you for dedicating your time Noyava.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I am becoming a fan of Xor's streams. I gotta say the Sniper gameplay was awesome to watch. Also watching back I spotted a few bugs in the mission which I will correct in the coming days. Some of the conversations also gives me some ideas on how to modufy the missions. Apologies for cussing out one of our newcomers Tyler.D... And, other new guys, you can watch the twitch stream to experience TFAR mod in usage. It would surely convince you to install it.

Comment

I'm sure you've passed your 6 beer limit [MENTION=4091]|TG| B[/MENTION] by the time you assaulted into that AO. Very fun to witness I must say. Ha!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

thems theres APC deserved 24 DARS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse