TacTuesday - Mar 29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] TacTuesday - Mar 29

This AAR is from a Zues/MCC operator perspective, and it mostly a Mea Culpa. I neglected to really plan much for last night, and it showed so badly.

The first mission of the day was a straight forward assault the base on the hill sort. I spiced it up with crazy weather making it hard to see enemies at range, and high winds tearing up our comms. I actually had a lot of fun on this one, even though we got wiped out on our first two assaults.

Next up we ran CapShawn's first ever mission, and it delivered on the good times in my book. The final drive out to the castle that ended in a brutal ambush was unexpected, but if we had been full strength from the start of the mission and making proper use of the mission assets it wouldnt have been a problem. I look forward to trying this mission again! I'm not going to give a detailed AAR so people can enjoy all the surprises this mission has for themselves first hand.

After this we tried to cobble together a CSAR mission using MCC. This was a mistake and I regret attempting it. I might have been projecting my frustration with things not working the way I envisioned onto others, but I apologize to anyone who suffered through this fiasco.

Next I loaded up Air Cav Rogain, which I picked because we had exactly the number of player it supports (14) and a couple pilots. I was leading Alpha, Experiment was kind enough to take Bravo. I dispatched Experiments team to take the mortar and prep'd my team to attack the boat (I had 3/4 new players so I took the easy task and sent all the pro's with Experiment to do the harder objective). Loaffy and Lowspeed got Bravo into their LZ under fire and successfully RTB'd to pick up Alpha. As Alpha left base we buzzed low over hills and right into a waiting enemy fireteam. Their AR got off a burst that killed the pilot. At that height our co-pilot didn't have time to take over before our fiery death. This mission is unfogiving to say the least.

Next up I retreated to Enemy Assault (my last two mission choices had gone very bad, so I wanted to go with a "safe choice"). The objective was near by, so we made a three MRAP convoy with a gun ship providing air cover and left base. We almost made it to, what I thought, was a very conservative dismount point about 800-900m from the nearest objective. I still dont know what happened to the helicopter, just that I saw it fall out of the sky 100m in front of the convoy. Then the MRAP in front of mine blew up. Then the one I was in blew up. Then 50% of the server population disconnected :( I really can't blame them... I was right on the edge myself after three wipes in a row.

Fortunately I stuck with it. We pushed through Lakka and then started getting stomped by GMGs again. Eventually with our zombie like persistence, and some timely CAS from Frodo, we finally took the hill fort covered with GMGs (like 5 of them, seriously). From there the fight broke open and we were able to maneuver in and around Neochori in some great fights. Conner, Trace and Mastedon did an awesome job operating a captured enemy tank for most of the mission, and CapShawn provided mortar support whenever the enemy started massing. Even though my infantry squad (of like 12 guys) was 75% new players we kept reasonable cohesion and managed to avoid an further squad wipes (got closer than I would have liked a few times).

Re: TacTuesday - Mar 29

Great AAR Noyava. Good job Caps! I am glad you debuted your first mission, that is an excellent thing to hear!

It sounds like last night was one of those really frustrating nights where OPFOR was around every corner and on target for every explosive shot. I have been there many times and understand the frustration and disconnects.

Everyone reading this thread understands that there will be good days and bad days.

I wish I could have made it, but I doubt my or anyone elses involvement would have changed the course of events. It is what it is.

I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow night or this weekend.

Again, great job stepping up CAPS, I'm always happy to see interest in development.
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 03-30-2016, 01:40 PM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

To clarify, Caps didn't lead the mission, he MADE the mission :)

Comment

Originally posted by noyava View Post
        to clarify, caps didn't lead the mission, he made the mission :)
        fixed!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

[MENTION=109039]Noyava[/MENTION], thanks for hosting the event. I would've stayed longer but I was called to play some insurgency with my brother.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I had a TON of fun with Trace in an MRAP and then a whole bunch of fun moments with Trace and Mastadon in the tank we valiantly capturened from the enemy by ramming it with the MRAP, sadly it had been a while sense I played but it was a lot fun everyone. See yea soon.

Comment

Thanks Noyava for the Zeus duties, and also thanks to Connor, Experiment and everyone who took leading positions. As Noyava said this TacTuesday had its highs and lows, but the highs were one of the best since I joined.
              To name a few highs: we were the second vic of the convoy, and after 2 minutes of travelling, the lead vehicle was hit, so what did the driver(Connor) do?: He decides to rollover the MRAP(he actually made the full turn) in the hopes of not getting hit, of course we were all down 10 seconds later, but the legend was born.
              After heading back out in another MRAP(HMG), and driving to the top of the hill next to a military compound, we spotted, what for a few minutes was a ghost enemy tank, since only two people could see it. Infantry was moving to the town for the next objective and soon found out the reality of the tank. Having mass casualties, Connor once again took the wheels of the MRAP and we were on a rescue mission to find our allies, sadly as we moved into the town, so did the tank and after a tight right turn around a warehouse we were face to face with the ghost tank. In a split of a second our courageous driver saw no other option(reversing was one, maybe?) but to head on, full steam against said tank, after seeing no reaction from the tank(my guess is they were frozen from the actions of the now legendary driver), he repeated the maneuver but this time he added the brave yelling of "SHOOT IT", "SHOOT IT"!, to inspire some sort of involvement from my part, after two more rams into the tank and a few hundred rounds into the turret, the tank's crew fully realized this was a battle they could not win, so they bail out and run for their lives.
              After that, Connor(driver/engineer) captured the tank and we, Connor(driver of course!),Mastodon(Commander) and myself (Gunner) supported the infantry as they completed the last objective(find suitcase).
              This tale, as all the great ones, ends on a sour note, our eyes in the sky(Caps) reported yet another tank in the ​immediate vicinity of the AO, while evac was on the way, we tried to eliminate the last threat but it was more than we could chew, our tank was badly damage from the heroic MRAP ramming, so we perished in the hands of the tank. Our fellow warriors, dismissed their well deserved evac and conducted a rescue mission. They managed to destroyed the tank and avenge our deaths.
              I hope I didn't bore you with my AAR and that I could transmit some of the fun I had during this mission.
              Best regards!
              Last edited by MPL TRACE; 04-01-2016, 05:01 PM.
              |MPL TRACE|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X